The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL dude he is pissed they didn't do what he wanted. Throwing a dinner banquet to thank Kumerow for his junk playing time before not pursuing him for another year would have done nothing different as example.

I hope he pursues a career post-playing as a GM or owner given all this.

Look we differ in the way we think employers should treat employees apparently...but this iclearly isn't about Jeff Kumarow

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen, I was the one arguing they should resign Jordy or Cobb on the cheap (we know now Jordy would’ve taken a substantial paycut to stay and I believe he puts up 1000 yards with Aaron slinging it to him).

There’s no easy way to put someone out to pasture. How exactly did “they” go about doing it? I wasn’t there, are you talking about not offering them a competitive deal?

I agree on Nelson he would of really helped that Packers team...the year prior with Rodgers on the field, he was off to the races....

Obviously I'm not privy to all the conversations but from the outside for example offering Nelson the veteran minimum when he approached the team about taking a pay cut to avoid being released...Is that how you would do things if you were an employer?

That's the cold corporate way which is in stark contrast to the old Packer way...pre Murphy

Mark Chumura talked about this change from family to corporate as well

Reaction score
I agree on Nelson he would of really helped that Packers team...the year prior with Rodgers on the field, he was off to the races....

Obviously I'm not privy to all the conversations but from the outside for example offering Nelson the veteran minimum when he approached the team about taking a pay cut to avoid being released...Is that how you would do things if you were an employer?
Absolutely not. I had said I felt like we could’ve signed Jordy at around 2X7.5mil and 4-5mil guaranteed. Then cut him loose if needed after 1 year. I didn’t know until later that he eluded to the fact he would’ve taken substantially less.
I felt we needed a veteran presence in the transition. Plus I would’ve allowed Jordy another season to retire a Packer.

Obviously I didn’t fully agree with the way it was handled, but I got over it. I do think we would’ve gotten 1 more solid year out of Jordy for cheap.

Coincidentally, I think after Aaron’s MVP season GB was getting ready to restructure him to keep him 2 seasons, they would’ve been crazy not to. They had best of both worlds (transitioning to Love if needed) keeping him 2 more seasons. I also believe Aaron would’ve been extended more if he made a SB appearance this season. I believe Aaron got impatient and prematurely lashed out. He should’ve trusted in himself to get us back to the big game inside 2 seasons.
Personally, I’m competitive, but I’d be a man and stand up and apologize for my lack of discretion and state I was undeniably frustrated seeing I might not play in Green Bay. I would specifically apologize to our FO and I’d mean it. Life’s too short to hold animosity over stiff like this, we all make mistakes and last year was absolutely crazy for all of us. Give our FO a pass so to speak. I believe that simple statement would go a long ways in forgiveness throughout the organization and its fans. How could you not support something we all do time to time? We all lose our cool it’s part of being human. Communication and being professional and human can all go together, we can save the competitive nature for our opponent.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing about the Def getting 4 int in a game and only getting 6 points vs Seattle..

or 3 straight interceptions and really nothing in return? Vs tampa

You.only recall bad defense and not bad offense out put

Huh. You're right. There have been a couple of games where the offense didn't do too much. I have an idea, let's look at the scores of games the Packers have lost in the playoffs since 2011.

2011: 20-37 (fair to say the defense sucked?)
2012: 31-45 (defense was worse again)
2013: 20-23 (we'll call it a tie)
2014: 22-28 in OT (this was on MM)
2015: 20-26 (I'm gonna go defense but I understand any concerns)
2016: 21-44 (too obvious)
2019: 20-37 (and the loser is the defense!)
2020: 26-31 (defense)

I got one tie, one that I lean defense on but I could be persuaded, and 5 bad defenses. Gee, I wonder why I said defense was the issue?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
LOL dude he is pissed they didn't do what he wanted. Throwing a dinner banquet to thank Kumerow for his junk playing time before not pursuing him for another year would have done nothing different as example.

I hope he pursues a career post-playing as a GM or owner given all this.
Well, he's a minority owner of the Bucks.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Listen, I was the one arguing they should resign Jordy or Cobb on the cheap (we know now Jordy would’ve taken a substantial paycut to stay and I believe he puts up 1000 yards with Aaron slinging it to him). However I also understand they were trying to change the dynamics of team, so it’s a tough business. Aaron’s not alone, this happens league wide.

There’s no easy way to put someone out to pasture. How exactly did “they” go about doing it? I wasn’t there, are you talking about not offering them a competitive deal?
It’s my belief that Aaron didn’t like the unexpectedness of the departures of Kumerow, Cobb and Jordy (plus maybe Linsley and others). It’s also my belief Aaron thought he’d have immunity from those moves until he saw Love get drafted. That must bern the most sobering drink of Scotch he ever had.
I really wanted them to give Jordy another year. Just one more year. That would have been cool and I agree he would have been productive. As you say, it's a business. Unless Rodgers is trying to change the whole league and the way they do business none of this makes sense. Go to Denver Rodgers and just see how different it really is because it is not.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look we differ in the way we think employers should treat employees apparently...but this iclearly isn't about Jeff Kumarow
Jake Kumerows departure has actually been mentioned as an issue, small or large part who knows but a part.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No they wouldn't pay him what they do if they weren't making far more off of him...

Here's a more average person example. I work for a venue to set up a concert I get paid x by the venue...the venue charges the tour x times 2 or more for my services. The venue is making at least as much or more per hour as I am off my hour of work. And that's not accounting for the money I make them by preforming whatever task. That's just what they make because I showed up...

So yeah Rodgers made a lot

That's pretty detailed and compares an apple to an orange grove. To make it simpler, given how NFL teams make money, how much less could they possibly have made without Rodgers?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. You're right. There have been a couple of games where the offense didn't do too much. I have an idea, let's look at the scores of games the Packers have lost in the playoffs since 2011.

2011: 20-37 (fair to say the defense sucked?)
2012: 31-45 (defense was worse again)
2013: 20-23 (we'll call it a tie)
2014: 22-28 in OT (this was on MM)
2015: 20-26 (I'm gonna go defense but I understand any concerns)
2016: 21-44 (too obvious)
2019: 20-37 (and the loser is the defense!)
2020: 26-31 (defense)

I got one tie, one that I lean defense on but I could be persuaded, and 5 bad defenses. Gee, I wonder why I said defense was the issue?
Again..3 straight int and nothing to really show for it.

The Def did their job 3 series in a row..Why cant you blame the offense for not taking advantage?? That was also the issue in the Seattle game..

Never mind. This is effing old *** argument and gets no where

I wont participate in this anymore..

Good day

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's the cold corporate way which is in stark contrast to the old Packer way...pre Murphy

Mark Chumura talked about this change from family to corporate as well
They were truly a Green Bay family before Lombardi got there and before Harland got things rolling. Don't think I want to go back there again.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were truly a Green Bay family before Lombardi got there and before Harland got things rolling. Don't think I want to go back there again.

Harlan was the end of the family era according to Chumura and according to the eye test...2007 Murphy came in and we had the Favre situation. They hired Ari Fleischer for Christ sake haha smh. Perhaps nothing more corporate than hiring the former Whitehouse press secretary to handle public relations...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot less certainly, him and Favre paid for those renovations...I think everybody is under valuing a fhof qb streak of whatever it is 30 seasons or something

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those guys did not have a clue. Lombardi knew it. They tried running things again after Lombardi and then finally gave the ball to Harlan. Took a long damn time. I read a biography on Harlan. Really interesting.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jake Kumerows departure has actually been mentioned as an issue, small or large part who knows but a part.

Yes I know, but not mentioned by Rodgers or any of his official proxies who are AJ Hawk, James Jones and Bakh, and Wilde, Tauscher, Kenny Mane

Also I think that was another case of no communication which I'm not sure how anyone argues would be a bad thing if your fhof qb and your fo were on the sanevpage or at least aware of each other's opinions. Because while I'm not trying to make Rodgers the gm I do understand that maybe just maybe he might know something about quality wr play...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those guys did not have a clue. Lombardi knew it. They tried running things again after Lombardi and then finally gave the ball to Harlan. Took a long damn time. I read a biography on Harlan. Really interesting.

Harlan is the modern day Packers in my opinion... he's responsible for both the Favre and Rodgers Eras...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I know, but not mentioned by Rodgers or any of his official proxies who are AJ Hawk, James Jones and Bakh, and Wilde, Tauscher, Kenny Mane

Also I think that was another case of no communication which I'm not sure how anyone argues would be a bad thing if your fhof qb and your fo were on the sanevpage or at least aware of each other's opinions. Because while I'm not trying to make Rodgers the gm I do understand that maybe just maybe he might know something about quality wr play...
You think Tauscher is pro brett??
The same mark that was out to eat and when heard of brett being traded..clapped his hands and rubbed them together and said something similar to..finally he is gone

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really couldn't find a thread that just discusses Jordan Love. Appears he is now earning his own thread. Hopefully, it doesn't turn into a "Fire Jordan Love" thread.

I'll kick it off with what sounds like good news about his day today.

I feel sorry for Love. He must wonder every day if He will be the starting quarterback this year or not. Rodgers is holding not only the organization hostage but his teammates as well. I could understand some hard feelings on Rodgers part but this is getting ridiculous. He reminds me of a spoiled petulant two year old!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Love. He must wonder every day if He will be the starting quarterback this year or not. Rodgers is holding not only the organization hostage but his teammates as well. I could understand some hard feelings on Rodgers part but this is getting ridiculous. He reminds me of a spoiled petulant two year old!
The word is that Love is highly respected by his teammates. That he is fully focused on playing football and not paying any attention to distractions. That's hard to imagine, but it is great to hear.

The same mark that was out to eat and when heard of brett being traded..clapped his hands and rubbed them together and said something similar to..finally he is gone
I wonder how much Rodgers lack of friends on the team has led to this whole situation as well. If his behaviors and attitude cause his teammates to dislike him, it has to wear on him. But I do understand now his lack of leadership during games

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tauscher is a Aaron Rodgers source/friend like I believe he has some kind of line of communication with him...I said absolutely nothing about Tauscher and Brett

But never heard that story and that's pretty interesting haha if true...Brett was a diva too as we all saw. That would also imply Tauscher was a Rodgers fan back then too

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Tauscher is a Aaron Rodgers source/friend like I believe he has some kind of line of communication with him...I said absolutely nothing about Tauscher and Brett

But never heard that story and that's pretty interesting haha if true...Brett was a diva too as we all saw. That would also imply Tauscher was a Rodgers fan back then too
Ooohhh trust me its true...was 1st hand experience

Any ways.. Pro brett??

I was drunk??

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ooohhh trust me its true...was 1st hand experience

Any ways.. Pro brett??

I was drunk??

I'm pro Brett I mean idk what he says these days but growing up watching him play is the only reason I started liking the NFL...I've clearly been spoiled I saw like a year or two maybe 3 of the magic man and then it's been Favre to Rodgers ever since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts