The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would imagine that 99% of superstar professional athletes (and stars in general) are divas. I mean, they've never really had any life experiences that would show them being a diva is the wrong way to go. Most of them hide it fairly well because they know fans don't like it but I am only ever surprised when superstars turn out to NOT be divas.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am only ever surprised when superstars turn out to NOT be divas.

Look no further than Milwaukee..... Giannis Antetokounmpo

If I had to create a mold for a Super Star....he would be it.

Well at least the current version....who knows what he will be like in 5 years. :D

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well at least the current version....who knows what he will be like in 5 years. :D

He's been a surprise in many ways!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think him being raised outside the US has something to do with that...also he's just a different dude

And i don't think he'll be any different in 5 years...obviously don't know him but seeing more than most over the last 8 years I just don't see a 180

Milwaukee really couldn't ask for a better representative for the city...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Trout is my kinda super star. STUD all around player, doesn't believe he is worth more than others when opinions come around and is "quiet" in all the right ways.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Jordan? He was like the original diva...
Still is too. He wouldn't let that recent documentary, "The Last Dance", come out without his consent on it. He only wanted it released under his guidance and censorship.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Trout is my kinda super star. STUD all around player, doesn't believe he is worth more than others when opinions come around and is "quiet" in all the right ways.

He doesn't wanna be famous...I think that's the main difference between your trout or Giannis and your rodgers or LeBron they don't seem to have that desire to be in the public eye in fact they seem to have a desire for the opposite

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweetness, Jordan, Starr, Unitas, Ripken, Sanders. I think pre-social media era it was easier. No "leaks" by those that are trying for clicks.

I'm pretty sure the media back in Starr and Unitas's day worked with players to NOT report a lot of negative information. I'm not saying those guys were divas; I also think as exposure has increased so too has the incentive for players to act more diva-ish. Basically, I just think that as media exposure has increased, players get treated more like superheroes than real people and, in reality, people that don't face consequences and just hear how stupendous they are all the time are going to develop certain personality traits.

Krabs

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the media back in Starr and Unitas's day worked with players to NOT report a lot of negative information. I'm not saying those guys were divas; I also think as exposure has increased so too has the incentive for players to act more diva-ish. Basically, I just think that as media exposure has increased, players get treated more like superheroes than real people and, in reality, people that don't face consequences and just hear how stupendous they are all the time are going to develop certain personality traits.
It also helps with their endorsements. The more loud and boisterous they are the more attention they get. The more attention the more sponsors. Right now, I will give Jordan Love some credit for being a pretty humble guy. When asked if he will be ready he didn't tote how awesome he was and that he is the next coming of a great Green Bay QB. He just said something along the lines of that he will be 100% ready to start week one.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would imagine that 99% of superstar professional athletes (and stars in general) are divas.
That's pretty much the way I felt during all the Favre flap.
Flash forward 16 years to the latest controversy surrounding Jordan Love and whatever diva behavior he is displaying.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Love will and the team are getting prepared assuming he will be the starter. Don't see Rodgers returning...he's too stubborn and want to prove a point that Love is not the next man. The ultimate payback to Rodgers would be for GB to have a great year without him!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Love will and the team are getting prepared assuming he will be the starter. Don't see Rodgers returning...he's too stubborn and want to prove a point that Love is not the next man. The ultimate payback to Rodgers would be for GB to have a great year without him!
I feel almost certain now Rodgers will return. It appears to me he wants to play this year, and if he wants to play, it will have to be with the Packer. The annoying thing is he'll probably come back and still not say anything, and fans will be wondering where his head is at all season.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel almost certain now Rodgers will return. It appears to me he wants to play this year, and if he wants to play, it will have to be with the Packer. The annoying thing is he'll probably come back and still not say anything, and fans will be wondering where his head is at all season.
That's certainly not a recipe for success and the team would be better off without him if he continues acting this way during the season

Krabs

Reaction score
That's certainly not a recipe for success and the team would be better off without him if he continues acting this way during the season
I definitely do not like what he's doing. I don't think it is being a good teammate. The only thing I will say is that he was mad last season and won the MVP. He did hide it all last year and seems to have the ability to set that emotion aside and perform at a high level. I just wish he would stop being a "complicated fella". Be happy and play football.

Reaction score
OK, for you fans that think Rodgers is coming back, he's not.
Do the math with me and here's why:

#1...He turn a hugh contact the Packers offered.
#2...He admitted he doesn't want to play for the Packers.
#3...He wants to be traded,
#4...He wants Brian Gutekunst fired.
#5...Mark Murphy is not his biggest fan.
#6...He wants more say in drafting players.
#7...He's saying nothing except what's stated above.
#8...And going to walk into camp like nothings wrong.

And you think he's coming back????

I hope Jorden Love has a great season

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He personally said that stuff? He hasnt said to much

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are aware that #7 is not true right? He has not been confirmed to have said many of those items, he however has never refuted the claims everywhere that he has. ****** either way, but there is a difference.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can think of about 35+ Million reasons why Aaron Rodgers won't sit out. That decision will not only effect his legacy and bank account this season, but probably well into the future in regards to a new contract, endorsements, etc.

As much as I thought he wouldn't be playing for the Packers this season, he didn't get traded, there is no promise of a trade and its getting to be "Shiit or get off the pot" time....I think he gives one of his patented speeches and it will go something like this "I am a team guy, always have been and I am not going to let my teammates down by not playing." It's obvious that I and the FO have some differences, but I am man enough to put those aside and be a great teammate."

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.I think he gives one of his patented speeches and it will go something like this "I am a team guy, always have been and I am not going to let my teammates down by not playing." It's obvious that I and the FO have some differences, but I am man enough to put those aside and be a great teammate."
I'm not even sure we're going to hear that much from him. But he's got to do press, so he's going to have to say something.

I'm curious how the fans react to him this year if he plays. Does he get some boos?

The only thing I will say is that he was mad last season and won the MVP.
I can't help but wonder if that was just step one in his revenge plan.
#1. Play lights out with an MVP year
#2. Demand trade and make the front office regret underappreciating him

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if that was just step one in his revenge plan.
#1. Play lights out with an MVP year
#2. Demand trade and make the front office regret underappreciating him

I think a player of his caliber is always thinking MVP and to some extent, part of it is out of their own control and there is some luck required too. I would say besides the MVP goal, maybe a bigger influence or proverbial fire lit under his ****, was the drafting of Jordan Love. Again, while that doesn't automatically up his game, it sure provides a lot of incentive for him to go all out, just to prove his point that it was a mistake to draft his replacement.

One of the "funnier" things in all of this. Rodgers signed that huge contract knowing fully well that the Packers left themselves with a decent opportunity to get out of it at the end of the 2021 season. So for him to suddenly act surprised and b**t hurt over that possibility being taken one step further is semi-pathetic and very reflective on who he is.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the "funnier" things in all of this. Rodgers signed that huge contract knowing fully well that the Packers left themselves with a decent opportunity to get out of it at the end of the 2021 season. So for him to suddenly act surprised and b**t hurt over that possibility being taken one step further is semi-pathetic and very reflective on who he is.
With the year he had, maybe he realized his leverage and "revenge factor" was never going to be higher than it is right now.

Reaction score
.I think he gives one of his patented speeches and it will go something like this "I am a team guy, always have been and I am not going to let my teammates down by not playing." It's obvious that I and the FO have some differences, but I am man enough to put those aside and be a great teammate."
So basically just outright lie? :rolleyes: :roflmao:
Demand trade and make the front office regret underappreciating him
Hmmm. So essentially Pull the old “Danica trick”.
1. Quickly Find a new suitor
2. Then profess that they are the Love of Your life (all inside 6 months)
3. Then plan your wedding on the very steps of your previously jointly purchased Danica beach home?

Now that’s an Aaron Rodgers type move! ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've heard some people say they heard someone else say that Aaron feels this way but I haven't heard any of it from Aaron himself.

#1... It wouldn't surprise me if its true. However, I never did feel this was about money. Could be the offer was viewed by Rodgers as an attempt to buy him off, a sign of disrespect if you will by not actually trying to find out what his actual problem is.
#2... Did he? Others have said he doesn't want to play here but did he say that?
#3... Again, did he say that? I guess if he doesn't want to play here that's his preference but see #2
#4... Some of his supposed close friends have said this is not true. I guess you choose who you want to believe.
#5... I'm guessing any player in this situation wouldn't be near the top of any management personnel's favorites list.
#6... He may not be happy about who was or wasn't drafted (or signed or kept or released) but that doesn't mean he wants more say.
#7... You got the first part right. He is saying nothing. Particularly I don't think he has said any of those things you said he did.
#8... Possibly. Its possible what is wrong is more in the minds of the fans and the media and not so much in the minds of Rodgers and the Packers. I don't know if I believe that as I do think this is a serious issue for Rodgers but I do think its fixable.

About the only thing I think I can say for sure about all the crap that Rodgers is supposed to have said is that he is not happy with the way the organization treats its players at times. That's about the only thing I have heard him actually say. Like most squabbles in life I think a great deal of this could have been avoided with on word... Communication. Rodgers feels that the team has disrespected him by not keeping him in the loop about certain player moves. Not necessarily that he wants a say in those moves but a little "hey, this is what we are thinking" before the fact. He possibly feels the team has disrespected other players in the way they treated them (nelson's release for example) and that is a bone of contention as well. I think we will know how all this plays out by the end of July maybe the first week of August. Rodgers may hold out for a week or so to prove a point but I don't think he will let it drag on for very long when it really counts (TC begins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts