The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course I knew he went to Bute Community College for a year. That's common knowledge. I don't need excuses. I just don't think he is any good. I don't think he is an NFL caliber player. Please don't tell me you don't think Rodgers not receiving any D1 offers wasn't an anomaly. It definitely is out of the norm. College scouts and recruiters go after the good players. They miss once in awhile. What is your excuse for thinking he is good?
Show me where I said he was ever good? You cant.. I said he had a good year with familiar system and suffered when system changed.

And if you just dont think love is good..thats good enough for me. Just dont use the excuse he didnt get any offers, because rodgers proved that didnt matter.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I knew he went to Bute Community College for a year. That's common knowledge. I don't need excuses. I just don't think he is any good. I don't think he is an NFL caliber player. Please don't tell me you don't think Rodgers not receiving any D1 offers wasn't an anomaly. It definitely is out of the norm. College scouts and recruiters go after the good players. They miss once in awhile. What is your excuse for thinking he is good?
Easy for you to say he won't be good since 4 out of 5 (or more) QBs don't become who you were hoping for. But does not mean much imho.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Easy for you to say he won't be good since 4 out of 5 (or more) QBs don't become who you were hoping for. But does not mean much imho.
I wouldn’t put credence into anything I say. I’m just talking football.

Reaction score
I think what Love has going for him over Trevor Lawrence is the supporting cast. The Jaguars have been jettisoning their players for years and went 1-15 last season. The Packers were in the NFC Championship game, have a strong running attack, a good O-line, a good WR group, a young & innovative coach, and a top 15 defense. All of the pieces are there for any quarterback to succeed in Green Bay.

What Love is able to do with all of those tools is the big question.
I think it’s very possible we get a slight upgrade at WR with Amari and Devin fighting over respect at #3. For Funchess, his career depends on this season.
This is actually the most complete WR group since Cobb and Jordy were playing together. However maybe a slight + in 2021 because we have a legitimate deep threat in MVS.

Add to that what I think will be a league formidable 1-2 punch at RB. Expect the game plan to lean on 2 veteran RB’s who averaged well over 5per last season. GB will likely be content with grinding out yards and eating the clock.The opponents in the bottom half league Run D wise? They are about to get punished.
Couple that with an experienced TE group with Deguara back in as #3. The top 2 TE are going into their 3rd season in this system, where things start clicking.

This is a fine team and system for any QB to be surrounded by. If the Defense improves at all? IMO, this would’ve been Aaron Rodgers top 3 best chances at a SB (outside of 2010). Much would depend on the D, but I don’t see any significant setbacks talent wise. If anything more options at CB and DT, possibly offset by learning new D schematics.
I think an inexperienced Love will finish near .500 area in his first season against what appears to be one of our tougher schedules.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict that Rodgers will come back this season, they will make it to the Super Bowl but lose, and Rodgers will blame it all on the front office not clearing the pre-game pep talk with him. :roflmao:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing to remember that we learned about in the late 2000s is this. The former QB is gonna look better than the current QB for maybe 2 years.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like every year, Ginger or MaryAnn? TV show's Charlies Angels or the movie's? (for me Jaclyn Smith), TV **** (Mrs Partridge especially in her Music Man / Oklahoma roles age bracket)
Has anyone ever actually picked Ginger? I guess it happens, but it's rare.
I agree Shirley Jones was stunning in her younger days.
Don't really care about Charlie's Angels, but if I have to pick I'll agree with Schultz and take Cheryl Ladd.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Like every year, Ginger or MaryAnn? TV show's Charlies Angels or the movie's? (for me Jaclyn Smith), TV **** (Mrs Partridge especially in her Music Man / Oklahoma roles age bracket)

Suzanne Pleshette

Shirly Jones in Cheyanne Social Club ain't to shabby.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus...you guys r dating yourselves...where is BUMMER? LOL...Ginger and Mary Ann...Pheasant Family...Cher....time to build an outhouse. LOL

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I built an outhouse last year. I picked a bad year for a lumber-intensive project. Very expensive! I should have made it out of brick.....or maybe combine German engineering and Mexican know-how to build one out of adobe....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I built an outhouse last year. I picked a bad year for a lumber-intensive project. Very expensive! I should have made it out of brick.....or maybe combine German engineering and Mexican know-how to build one out of adobe....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Wouldnt it have been cheaper to just dig a hole in your backyard and put a tent over it? ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not far from what we had, but the ladies were tired of the bugs, snakes, and rodents that also enjoyed the structure.

Luckily the hole was already there but the barrel just needed to be dug out again.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MaryAnn; Kate Jackson from Charlie's original; Pat Priest (Marilyn Munster #2) or Doris Day (toss up). GREAT topic!! :)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Let's go with Munster in this instance.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting, the Schlitz guy talking about someone else dropping stink bombs. Lol! I would rather have Lawrence than Love on the Packers current roster. IMO, Lawrence will do better on Jags with their roster than Love would do. I'm not a huge believer in Jordan Love. Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see much more out of him than being a journeyman for his career. Love barely had any prospects coming out of high school and that's why he had to settle on Utah St. His sophomore year in college he had a pretty solid roster around him. His junior year he didn't and didn't prove much of anything. He couldn't rise above that even in a lower level conference. Lawrence was heavily recruited and played in the SEC and won national championships. I don't think there's much comparison between the two. To use a cliché, time will tell I guess.

Trevor Lawrence is obviously a better prospect and I would take him over Love in a heart beat. Don’t think anybody wouldn’t, tbh.

With that said, there’s a few issues with your argument.

Baker Mayfield was a walk-on coming out of HS. Tom Brady was a part time starter in college. Tony Romo’s best offer coming out of HS was Eastern Illinois. Trey Lance’s FBS offers were to play defense. Patrick Mahomes best offer was a mediocre Big 12 team.

QB’s develop at different rates. Where they were ranked in HS doesn’t mean crap for how they’ll do in the NFL.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence is obviously a better prospect and I would take him over Love in a heart beat. Don’t think anybody wouldn’t, tbh.

With that said, there’s a few issues with your argument.

Baker Mayfield was a walk-on coming out of HS. Tom Brady was a part time starter in college. Tony Romo’s best offer coming out of HS was Eastern Illinois. Trey Lance’s FBS offers were to play defense. Patrick Mahomes best offer was a mediocre Big 12 team.

QB’s develop at different rates. Where they were ranked in HS doesn’t mean crap for how they’ll do in the NFL.
My only point is that Love effectively had one year where people were like, "hey, look at this guy". That was his sophomore year at Utah St. that doesn't play the toughest of competition. After he lost some good teammates he did not elevate the players around him like good QBs do. You're also cherry picking anomalies. One can also play the exception to the rules game. There are busts at all levels and there are anomalies as well. I would agree that HS doesn't mean crap in the NFL. However, how do you think big time athletes get to big time schools? Point is, Love has never had a lot of hype around him and I think it is because he's just not that good. He's a big time flyer and risk. But hey, I'm just a dude typing in a chat room. I have zero knowledge of pro football besides watching it at home on my couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts