The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Per this AR won't be tested for a 90 days, so I highly doubt he'll test positive later this week. Try again, Charlie. ;)
This changes literally nothing and your avoiding your ignorance to the facts presented.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This changes literally nothing and your avoiding your ignorance to the facts presented.
Hahaha...what facts? There are 2 QB's active, on the roster. Why, in your opinion, must Bortles be brought off the golf course again? Love may even be back, negative, in time for Sunday night. If you're so sure AR won't be able to finish the game put your money where your mouth is!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahaha...what facts? There are 2 QB's active, on the roster. Why, in your opinion, must Bortles be brought off the golf course again? Love may even be back, negative, in time for Sunday night. If you're so sure AR won't be able to finish the game put your money where your mouth is!

You pretended to know the roster in the building about extra DLs and CBs RBs, avoided being wrong.

You also pretended like it is ****** a team to just carry two eligible to play QBs on their entire roster. I do believe it is a 50/50 proposition we see Bortles signed because of Love being vaccinated and the dumb league rules might allow him to even be able to suit up Sunday depending on future tests. But it is extremely abnormal for a team to do as you are eluding to this day and age in the league.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bortles Twitter account today. You all can figure out the meaning of the "Bort Signal"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Bortles might as well just live in Green Bay. At this point, he might even be the better option in the event that Rodgers gets knocked out during a game. Definitely a better option than Benkert and the way Love looked against the Chiefs, probably my pick to come in due to his vast NFL experience.

While Bortles most likely would present an upgrade over Benkert I would think Love presents the better option based on his familiarity with the system.

Why? We still have 2 QB's active and a available. Both AR & Benkert we're out a month ago leaving GB with only Love.

Rodgers possibly not being able to practice all week once again presents an issue because that would leave the Packers with only one quarterback to run practice. Don't think the coaching staff feels comfortable with Bojorquez running the scout team offense.

When 1 of those is Kurt Benkert. I can see the need to bring in Boyle and suit him up.

Boyle is still on the Lions roster. With the trade deadline having passed it might be difficult to acquire him ;)

Per this AR won't be tested for a 90 days, so I highly doubt he'll test positive later this week. Try again, Charlie. ;)

While Rodgers doesn't need to be tested according to league rules I'm convinced the entire roster was tested once they returned from the bye.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You pretended to know the roster in the building about extra DLs and CBs RBs, avoided being wrong.

You also pretended like it is ****** a team to just carry two eligible to play QBs on their entire roster. I do believe it is a 50/50 proposition we see Bortles signed because of Love being vaccinated and the dumb league rules might allow him to even be able to suit up Sunday depending on future tests. But it is extremely abnormal for a team to do as you are eluding to this day and age in the league.

Why is n-o-r-m-a-l being censored???

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Pkrjones

For the record, searched EVERY NFC roster:

Cowboys/Giants/Seahawks/Buccs all have 4 split 3 on active and 1 practice squad.
Packers/WFT/49ers/ have 3 split 2 active and 1 practice squad
Rest of the entire NFC have 3 active and no PS.

AFC breakdown:

Patriots have 4 with 3/1 split
Colts have 4 with 2/2 split
Bills/Phins/Jets/Raiders/Ravens/Bengals/Browns/Titans/Jags 3 with 2/1 split
Rest of entire AFC are 3 with 3/0 split

Every single team has 3 or 4 rostered QBs
So keep believing a concept which literally no one in the league is doing.

Bortles will be in Green Bay soon if not today.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may not even be a question if Love tests negative twice. With this problem, I don't see why we need another QB. But I don't think it hurts either. And are both understudy QBs active on game day?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Blake Bortles this morning when he looked at the temp in Green Bay (1 degree) as his phone rang and it was Gute.

Gute: "Hey Blakey my boy, guess what, we need you again....how much is it going to cost us this time?"

******Long pause as Blake looks outside through his open windows, sun shining, birds chirping and his golf clubs next to the door*****

Blake:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blake Bortles this morning when he looked at the temp in Green Bay (1 degree) as his phone rang and it was Gute.

Gute: "Hey Blakey my boy, guess what, we need you again....how much is it going to cost us this time?"

******Long pause as Blake looks outside through his open windows, sun shining, birds chirping and his golf clubs next to the door*****

Blake:

LOL - cool quick check and I bet say 2022 sees Aaron leave, Bortles may be thinking this could be his place for a full year of a chance with or behind Love.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL - cool quick check and I bet say 2022 sees Aaron leave, Bortles may be thinking this could be his place for a full year of a chance with or behind Love.
Agreed. I was surprised when I looked up Bortles age....he is only 29. He probably knows the Packer playbook well enough to jump right in and has plenty of NFL experience to be a decent relief guy (behind Rodgers) and possibly push Love for the starting job next season. I would much rather see that scenario than Love, Benkert and another rookie competing for the starting job.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
while better than most other alternatives in terms of experience and ability, i think if bortles was a QB teams had some faith in he'd be on a roster already. I don't think adequate QB's are sitting at home this time of year in a league that needs QB's and back up QB's that can play.

Teams know what Bortles is and that's enough to serve in a pinch if absolutely necessary, but they also know he's not someone they want to take a roster spot in hopes they can develop someone better or already have some better. If he's good enough to push Love for a starting job, they failed badly in drafting Love IMO, but it wouldn't do much to improve our prospects as a team.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Love is still going to have some growing pains, as well as a lot to prove if Rodgers is traded. As we have seen this season, 3 out of the top 4 QB's in the first half of the first round of last years draft aren't doing as great as some would expect. At this point in his young career, I wouldn't say Jordan is or should be any better than those 3 given his limited time playing. Unless Gute decides to go into full rebuild mode in 2022, it would be foolish to have Love and 2 other inexperienced QB's. Having a guy like Bortles around would at least be some insurance against possibly having a complete throw away season and at a very low price.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I was surprised when I looked up Bortles age....he is only 29. He probably knows the Packer playbook well enough to jump right in and has plenty of NFL experience to be a decent relief guy (behind Rodgers) and possibly push Love for the starting job next season. I would much rather see that scenario than Love, Benkert and another rookie competing for the starting job.

I push back against that. Bortles is a guy I want as a back up, I do not in any way want him starting over Love if we have no Aaron on the roster.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I push back against that. Bortles is a guy I want as a back up, I do not in any way want him starting over Love if we have no Aaron on the roster.
Of course we wouldn't want to see Bortles beat out Love, but it isn't out of the question that Love struggles. Again, much like Bortles was brought in this offseason as insurance, that is all he would be. Not to mention if Love does play pretty well and keeps the Packers relevant, you know have what I would think is a more reliable backup than Benkert.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made a joke post a while back saying it was offensive to me and should be censored. Someone obviously didn't get the joke.

Or did they and this was their long term rebuttal joke…lol

D

Deleted member 6794

For the record, the Packers elevated Benkert to the active roster as a COVID-19 replacement and signed Danny Etling to the practice squad.

Unless Gute decides to go into full rebuild mode in 2022, it would be foolish to have Love and 2 other inexperienced QB's. Having a guy like Bortles around would at least be some insurance against possibly having a complete throw away season and at a very low price.

I agree the Packers should add a veteran quarterback if they move on from Rodgers next offseason. I'm not convinced Bortles should be the one though.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For the record, the Packers elevated Benkert to the active roster as a COVID-19 replacement and signed Danny Etling to the practice squad.

I agree the Packers should add a veteran quarterback if they move on from Rodgers next offseason. I'm not convinced Bortles should be the one though.
Etling is a bit of a surprise, given that he hasn't seemed to be able to even get on a 53 man NFL roster since he was drafted in the 7th round in 2018. Even failing this year to do so with the BC Bears of the CFL. In 2019 he was even switched to WR by the Patriots and waived shortly after.

Fingers crossed we never see Benkert take a snap, unless it is in a Packer blow out.

I'm not married to the idea of Bortles for next season either, but I do think if Rodgers is gone, the Packers would be wise to try and sign a cheap veteran like Bortles to compete with/back-up Love. Imagine opening the season up with Love-Benkert-Etling

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Etling is a bit of a surprise, given that he hasn't seemed to be able to even get on a 53 man NFL roster since he was drafted in the 7th round in 2018. Even failing this year to do so with the BC Bears of the CFL. In 2019 he was even switched to WR by the Patriots and waived shortly after.

Fingers crossed we never see Benkert take a snap, unless it is in a Packer blow out.

I'm not married to the idea of Bortles for next season either, but I do think if Rodgers is gone, the Packers would be wise to try and sign a cheap veteran like Bortles to compete with/back-up Love. Imagine opening the season up with Love-Benkert-Etling

I can almost guarantee (not actually possible of course) that should Aaron leave, we will bring in a Veteran in the mix. Whether that is a Fitzpatrick/Bortles type, or maybe a Daniel Jones type that a team finally cuts and is young. There will be a veteran of some sense of the word in that room I strongly suspect.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee (not actually possible of course) that should Aaron leave, we will bring in a Veteran in the mix. Whether that is a Fitzpatrick/Bortles type, or maybe a Daniel Jones type that a team finally cuts and is young. There will be a veteran of some sense of the word in that room I strongly suspect.

If Rodgers is traded, I think that will be/should be accompanied by the shedding of quite a bit of cap heavy players as well. Maybe not a full rebuild mode, but darn near. The Packers have some good young players to rebuild with and if they can land a few high draft picks for Rodgers, even better to try and speed up the rebuild with. I just don't expect Love to be the immediate answer and having a vet behind him, will at least keep fans from throwing in the towel if Love struggles right out of the gate.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could get a vet type QB back in a Rodgers trade. Any chance the Etling signing means they keep him another week and he runs the scout team (as Lamar) in prep for the Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts