The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. It’s a huge number of non production. The Sunk money from traded players and injuries is astounding. We will always have injuries, but much of that Sunk is about to clear off the books.

I suspect Gutey will go out and find a really good FA or Two in 2024.
Not on the level of Z or Smith contracts, but more on the level of Amos and Turner etc. that narrows our focus on other priorities.

One of those "signings" is going to be an extension for Love

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
He’s legit. He still might not be Favre or Rodgers, but he’s 100% legit and a relative steal at #26 overall. The only thing that would’ve been better is to play him as starter in year 2 to get more contract value.

Gute n co has been a Top 10 GM even if he missed, but now he’s a top 5 GM easy . Brilliant pick at #26, not quite as good as Rodgers and Thompson. Gute is an A- GM on a C scale on acquiring player personnel

People still underestimate Gutey. He’s not done, he’s got 2 consecutive drafts with lots of firepower. IF he lands similar to what he just did in the 2023 draft, This next draft could very well elevate this team to another level. Particularly if we sign a big time FA or 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers finished 2008 at 28 tds and 13 ints

Love currently has 27 tds and 11 ints

I feel like the Packers will beat the Vikings and Love will have less than 2 ints and more than 1 td. Giving him a better td to into tatio than first year Rodgers (16 games)

He might not ever be as good as Favre let alone Rodgers but he certainly still has a shot and has started out down the path to greatness

Reaction score

I feel like the Packers will beat the Vikings and Love will have less than 2 ints and more than 1 td. Giving him a better td to into tatio than first year Rodgers (16 games)

He might not ever be as good as Favre let alone Rodgers but he certainly still has a shot and has started out down the path to greatness
Yeah it’s certainly conceivable
1. Love can repeat what he’s already done.
2. Love could elevate his game slightly and have some 30+ TD seasons or Single-Digit INT seasons
3. Carry his team deep into the playoffs.

If Love continues on similar path this next season? He’s likely to get a long term deal. I think he’ll sign for reasonable and not ask league high stupid $

The bigger concern is how quickly can we fix this Defense. Who would’ve imagined it would be our D holding us back in the Love era? What a twist

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense will need to play better than the last couple of weeks. But I wouldn't worry about Love's stats, he's already met or exceeded expectations IMO.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Play well maybe. Win? Questionable? Our defense could see to that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Jordan tosses three touchdowns and 252 yards this next game...he will have done something in 16 game season (I know he has one more but you'll see why I'm saying that...) that NO Chicago Bear's QB has EVER DONE - EVER!

1995 season for the Bears was historic as they saw their single season yard and TD record made at 3,838 yards and 29 touchdowns....

Love currently has 3,587 yards and 27 TDs

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it’s certainly conceivable
1. Love can repeat what he’s already done.
2. Love could elevate his game slightly and have some 30+ TD seasons or Single-Digit INT seasons
3. Carry his team deep into the playoffs.

If Love continues on similar path this next season? He’s likely to get a long term deal. I think he’ll sign for reasonable and not ask league high stupid $

The bigger concern is how quickly can we fix this Defense. Who would’ve imagined it would be our D holding us back in the Love era? What a twist

Defense was bad in 2008, lost the team a lot of those 10 games. In 2009 Raji and Matthews join the Defense as first round picks and day one starters. 2010 Green Bay Packers win the SB

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play well maybe. Win? Questionable? Our defense could see to that.
Yeah Love will probably play good but the defense is primed to get lit up light a Christmas tree

The defense certainly could lose the game but who is starting at qb for the Vikings...Nick Mullens? Jaren Hall? Josh Doubs? Love will be the best qb on the field by a large margin

At this point who would you rather have over Love in the entire Nfl?

Jalen Hurts, Brock Purdy, Trevor Lawrence, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Daniel Jones, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garapalo, Baker Mayfield, Garner Mechew, Joe Flacco, DeSean Watson, Anthony Richardson, Zach Wilson, Will Levis, Desmond Ridder, Bailey Zappe, Tyrod Taylor, Geno Smith, Kenny Pickett, Mitch Trubisky, Tua

Already not a qb on that list would I take over Jordan Love

That leaves starters Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Josh Allen Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Matthew Stafford, CJ Stroud, Dak Prescott as ones Id possibly take over Love

Question does that make Love already a top 10 Nfl qb?

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You left out Herbert, id put him in the top 5 easy. also hurts and Lawrence would be well above Love....today....be he could catch them

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense was bad in 2008, lost the team a lot of those 10 games. In 2009 Raji and Matthews join the Defense as first round picks and day one starters. 2010 Green Bay Packers win the SB
We also went through like 4 DCs between 2003-2008 before Capers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense certainly could lose the game but who is starting at qb for the Vikings...Nick Mullens? Jaren Hall? Josh Doubs? Love will be the best qb on the field by a large margin

Jalen Hurts, Brock Purdy, Trevor Lawrence, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Daniel Jones, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garapalo, Baker Mayfield, Garner Mechew, Joe Flacco, DeSean Watson, Anthony Richardson, Zach Wilson, Will Levis, Desmond Ridder, Bailey Zappe, Tyrod Taylor, Geno Smith, Kenny Pickett, Mitch Trubisky

That leaves starters Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Matthew Stafford, CJ Stroud, Dak Prescott as ones Id possibly take over Love

Defense still wins championships but not always week to week games. The Vikings have the better Defense for certain. Although they just lost their top LB who was having a Pro Bowl year. But if we gave Devito his career game and the Panthers' QB as well can we do it for Mullens or Hall? Or Doubs who I think has been discarded by the Vikings?

Jalen Hurts, Brock Purdy, Trevor Lawrence, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Daniel Jones, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garapalo, Baker Mayfield, Garner Mechew, Joe Flacco, DeSean Watson, Anthony Richardson, Zach Wilson, Will Levis, Desmond Ridder, Bailey Zappe, Tyrod Taylor, Geno Smith, Kenny Pickett, Mitch Trubisky

That leaves starters Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Matthew Stafford, CJ Stroud, Dak Prescott as ones Id possibly take over Love

Question does that make Love already a top 10 Nfl

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not the ayahuasca?

Love has more TD and less int than Mahomes

Reaction score
True. I noticed the formula that worked back then was 3 of 4 seasons with top 16 or better drafts. The addition of Woodson and Pickett from FA and in between? drafting a great QB and WR.

Imo the success of our team around Love will be defined in large portion by
1. The success of the 2024 draft

We just had a pretty solid 2023 Draft
A. very likely will be picking around
mid draft placement or better.
B. Our bonus 2nd Rounder should be middle round or earlier.
C. We should have 6 selections in Round2-Rd4, which is a very favorable setup for success. That draft area will be stocked thick at good OL, DT, RB, Safety, iLB.. which are top positions of interest for us. If we pick correctly? we are taking about 5-6 players we have on our “Top 50” Draft board.

2. How we attack Free Agency.
Imo, getting a substantial veteran upgrade at starter for 1-2 positions will be another Component of our rise into playoff contender.

3. Our Offensive Player growth
I contend we are possible equal to or less experienced than any Offensive Roster in SB history. That sounds bad, but it’s actually an incredible advantage. That = strategic financial advantages (Cap) over the next several years. It also = the default of Broad spectrum player growth.

4. Timing in finding a good DC

The Barry experiment coming to an end. I can’t imagine a scenario short of back to back opponents getting shutout (or close to it) of us retaining Barry. Had we found our way to a top 8 Defense or better in 2023, wed be a 6th seed at minimum. Instead we are “in the Hunt” needing others to help us.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mahomes seems to have the same level of WRs that AR12 had last season. He's being carried by a much better TE and a defense that plays up to its abilities more often than not.
That reminds me of one thing I like about Love. I haven't heard one word this season about not wanting to throw to a particular receiver because he doesn't trust him yet.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That reminds me of one thing I like about Love. I haven't heard one word this season about not wanting to throw to a particular receiver because he doesn't trust him yet.
Love never puts himself above anyone else on the team. He never points fingers or puts blame on anyone else. And it may be without a laundry list of accolades on his resume he will never do that. It has always been I or we have to get better. That has to resonate with teammates.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reed and Wicks would have less than 5 targets the whole season if it was another QB...

Members online

Latest posts