The Hall of Fame Game.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmpf. This was the only pre season game I would be about to watch. Yeah, I can watch them later on NFL, but I don't like seeing them after the fact.

I switched to the Olympics, then switched back and was able to catch the desk interview with Aaron. And I was glad they at least did a "Come on man!"; the only reason I watch the Monday Night Football pre game show.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who would pay $1000 for a ticket to the HOF weekend needs a shock like this to maybe cure whatever ails him.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seemed like most the veteran players were laughing it off on ESPN. Especially Rodgers and Favre at one point. The younger players seemed bummed out, and deservedly so since they are playing for a roster spot and count on these preseason games. The rookie Blake Martinez #50 looked so bummed at one point you could tell he wanted to play some football!

Yeah, I saw that shot of Martinez standing in the wings at the stadium. Real disappointment was on his face.

SuzieShareholder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who would pay $1000 for a ticket to the HOF weekend needs a shock like this to maybe cure whatever ails him.

Or "her" as it is in my case. ;)

Seeing Favre inducted was worth the trip and the cost of my weekend package. For me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that was more than a year in the planning. I went by myself and had one hell of a good time. Not only did I meet the entire class and get their autographs I met some really fun people, had some really good food and drink (all included), and got some great swag.

The game, for me at least, would have been the proverbial icing on the cake. The cancellation was the right thing to do, the field was a horrible mess. It had been covered for days in advance; Tim McGraw show Friday plus the induction ceremony on Saturday - I'm assuming that preparing it in advance would have been a colossal waste of time.

Most people took it in stride. Yes, they were upset but what broke my heart was seeing the disappointment on the faces of the kids, many of whom I am assuming were at their first NFL game.

Bottom line: even if the game was not part of the package I would have gone anyway. The memory of shaking the hand of Brett Favre, looking him in the eye and thanking him for 20 wonderful years will last me a lifetime.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Even with the mistakes (mainly drops) he made, we don't and haven't had a player with his freakish ability at that position prior or since he left.
Lots of ability, lots of stupid stuff. I don't miss him.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A veteran finley would have been very helpful last year.

I hope cook is healthy. And rodgers is a bit quicker with his leaner weight

D

Deleted member 6794

Lots of ability, lots of stupid stuff. I don't miss him.

There's no doubt Finley had maturity issues and dropped too many balls. But he was the most talented tight end the Packers have had at least during Rodgers tenure. In addition he started to come around before his career ending injury catching 61 balls for 696 yards and four touchdowns over his last 12 games.

The Packers could for sure need a player like him.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There's no doubt Finley had maturity issues and dropped too many balls. But he was the most talented tight end the Packers have had at least during Rodgers tenure. In addition he started to come around before his career ending injury catching 61 balls for 696 yards and four touchdowns over his last 12 games.

The Packers could for sure need a player like him.
Player yes, teammate no.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, I think that Finely was starting to mature. He certainly wasn't there yet but was heading in the right direction.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What kind of Friendship is this? Why link to a game where we lost?

Just trying to help with Favre's claim that he wants to be remembered as a Packer. A Vikings jersey in his Hall of Fame shrine is supposed to do that so why not recall the entire game? Doesn't this game just scream, "I AM A PACKER!"

Even better is this one. Doesn't Favre just bleed Green & Gold all over Lambeau Field? This even has the jersey of his that went into the PFHOF. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20091...gameinfo|contentId:09000d5d813f3f3f&tab=recap

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he was on the right path to being a good teammate as well when he got injured.
He probably was beginning to mature. He's one of those guys that really needed a strong mentor and a muzzle.

Members online

Latest posts