The good news about the Eagles stacking their roster...

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Eagles have gone crazy in Free Agency, and at this point, on paper are the best team in the NFC. Hate saying that as a Packer fan, but at this moment, they are better than we are on paper...

However, it's August and it's a LOOONNNNGGGG season, so anything can happen, and we are still a good football team. And the good news out of all of this, with the Eagles and their fans calling themselves "The Dream Team" etc, etc... is that honestly, from what I've seen it has taken alot of the focus off of us being Super Bowl Champs. All of the sudden everyone is calling for the Eagles to walk into Indy this year. They're being called the best team in the NFC.

So, hopefully everyone wants to start gunning for the Eagles as opposed to the defending superbowl champs! lol

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think it adds a bit of motivation to the Packers no doubt. Let the Eagles team be the pick of the litter and deal with the high expectations being placed on them.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will only go as far as Vick takes them. There's always a greater chance with the way he scrambles for injury. If he goes down a couple games the Eagles are in trouble. Unless Vince Young can step up in a big way.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like floating under the radar a bit. Seems the pack really plays well as the dark horse i.e. playoff run last year. So let them stack up whatever they want my bet is no matter how many top flight FA's they sign they still wont be able to cover Jennings Driver Nelson and Finley long enough and well enough that Arod wont find them open when we need it the most. GOPACKGO!

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news? What are you talking about. Remember when the redskins use to get every big name FA out there and all those super bowls they won.... wait, never mind.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to jump to conclusions. The NFC is going to have a wide range of solid clubs this season.

The Atlanta Falcons have been over .500 in all three seasons that Mike Smith has been there. Josh Freeman could be ready to have a breakout season in Tampa Bay. The Detroit Lions won 4 consecutive games last season and hope that momentum carries into 2011. The Dallas Cowboys will have Tony Romo back and have plenty of talent. The New York Giants are always solid. The St. Louis Rams should take another step with Sam Bradford...

Who would have thought the Bears would be in the NFC Championship last year? While fun, preseason speculation and perception doesn't mean much in the long run. The Eagles and Packers have a ton more to focus on then just each other.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
So the Eagles have gone crazy in Free Agency, and at this point, on paper are the best team in the NFC. Hate saying that as a Packer fan, but at this moment, they are better than we are on paper...

However, it's August and it's a LOOONNNNGGGG season, so anything can happen, and we are still a good football team. And the good news out of all of this, with the Eagles and their fans calling themselves "The Dream Team" etc, etc... is that honestly, from what I've seen it has taken alot of the focus off of us being Super Bowl Champs. All of the sudden everyone is calling for the Eagles to walk into Indy this year. They're being called the best team in the NFC.

So, hopefully everyone wants to start gunning for the Eagles as opposed to the defending superbowl champs! lol

Motivation for our guys for sure. You are wrong about one thing though.....even on paper we are still the best team in the NFC. We are deeper at every position.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB - Packers
RB - Eagles
OL - Packers
TE - Packers
WR - Packers

DL - Tie (they have better pass rush but they don't have anyone like Raji that can man up the inside, they traded Bunkley)
LB - Packers
CB - Eagles (but not by much)
S - Packers

ST - Eagles

Chemistry - Packers
Coaching Staff - Packers

Yep. We're still better.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB - Packers
RB - Eagles
OL - Packers
TE - Packers
WR - Packers

DL - Tie (they have better pass rush but they don't have anyone like Raji that can man up the inside, they traded Bunkley)
LB - Packers
S - Packers

ST - Eagles

Chemistry - Packers
Coaching Staff - Packers

Yep. We're still better.

Hair - Packers
http://i.imgur.com/H0CiJ.jpg

Rap songs about the team - Packers
‪Lil Wayne - Green & Yellow (OFFICIAL VIDEO Superbowl Version) +Lyrics GREEN BAY PACKERS!‬‏ - YouTube

Youtube sensation video - Packers
‪Greg Jennings (Broken Leg) scores on the saints‬‏ - YouTube

Title Belt - Packers
http://i.imgur.com/b71v6.jpg

Dance Moves - Packers
‪BJ Raji - Dance the Raji‬‏ - YouTube

Way better.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB - Packers
RB - Eagles
OL - Packers
TE - Packers
WR - Packers

LB - Packers
S - Packers

ST - Eagles

Chemistry - Packers
Coaching Staff - Packers

Yep. We're still better.

Oh I think you could make a strong argument we have better RBs. Grant is pretty solid.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
QB - Packers
RB - Eagles
OL - Packers
TE - Packers
WR - Packers

LB - Packers
S - Packers

ST - Eagles

Chemistry - Packers
Coaching Staff - Packers

Yep. We're still better.

Couldn't have written that better myself. Well played my friend.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I think you could make a strong argument we have better RBs. Grant is pretty solid.

Yes one could. IMHO McCoy is better right now than Grant and Starks, but one can make a very, very strong case that both combined, plus Starks further developing, is a better situation.

Still, if McCoy was on the team, he would probably start methinks. More shifty, better pass catcher and blocker (right now) than Grant and Starks.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB - Packers
RB - Eagles
OL - Packers
TE - Packers
WR - Packers

LB - Packers
S - Packers

ST - Eagles

Chemistry - Packers
Coaching Staff - Packers

Yep. We're still better.

i agree except CB... u don't thing we're better at CB? They may have nnamdi and drc, but we have woodson, williams, and shields... we're deeper

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes one could. IMHO McCoy is better right now than Grant and Starks, but one can make a very, very strong case that both combined, plus Starks further developing, is a better situation.

Still, if McCoy was on the team, he would probably start methinks. More shifty, better pass catcher and blocker (right now) than Grant and Starks.

As a unit, I think we have better RB's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but PHI doesn't rotate McCoy right? He's a feature back, so into the second half, his legs aren't as fresh while we could possibly be rotating between 3 backs (most definitely 2 backs).

Expect big improvements from Starks in his second year BTW.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree except CB... u don't thing we're better at CB? They may have nnamdi and drc, but we have woodson, williams, and shields... we're deeper

You can't be so high on Shields in his second year. He has a lot of work to do and Woodson will forever be one of my favorite Packers but he's gettin' up there in age. Williams is in his absolute prime right now with regard to talent, athleticism, and smarts.

EDIT: the thing I remember about Shields is how Tom Brady completely took him apart with Hernandez/Gronkowski for that TD. Definitely has work to do.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a unit, I think we have better RB's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but PHI doesn't rotate McCoy right? He's a feature back, so into the second half, his legs aren't as fresh while we could possibly be rotating between 3 backs (most definitely 2 backs).

Expect big improvements from Starks in his second year BTW.

Lol the Eagles actually don't run the ball. Their fans hate it. The most McCoy had as attempts was 21, once, and it was the only time he ran the ball more than 18 times.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Secondary as a whole, with the loss of Mikell, we have the better unit.

But they have Samuel, Asomugah and DRC. We're a little bit behind, Woodson is a more versatile piece, IMHO Williams rivals anything they have, and Shields will be an elite CB in this league, but, cover-wise, they have the better unit.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol the Eagles actually don't run the ball. Their fans hate it. The most McCoy had as attempts was 21, once, and it was the only time he ran the ball more than 18 times.

hahah they do... with vick! Poor guy must have had every shot in every place on his body.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Getting back on topic....

I agree.
It's better to have all the focus/distraction the Eagles way.
Just like last year when the Pack wasn't getting all the media hype, I and other fans were OK with that.

We really won't know who the better teams are until the season ends and they play in the SB.

Until then, I am just as excited as everyone else is to see what our Packers can do while still on the Super Bowl high.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some ppl thought last year after Cowboys finally passed their playoff glass ceiling, they'd make a run for it all with that talented roster. 6-10 last year. If an all-star unit can't play as one unit it's as good as a one and done team in the playoffs given they actually make it. They'll def. struggle first 4 games together while I expect us to go 4-0 with first true challenge at Atlanta.