The game vs the Patriots

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gronk over Any GB TE (sorry I don't know their names) It's GRINK IMO the best TE in football and one the most dangerous Offensive weapons in the NFL.

Revis/Browner over your CB's your DB doing well this year but these two have made BB schemes scary again.

And to my packer fan hosts want to say I like the pack and they are my fav NFC team. And I apologize if any of you took my good nature ribbing wrong.
you have valid points for the pats are playing lights out. But your missing the game will be in lambeau.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.
This will be more of an offensive than defensive game, I think.
Our O has to beat their D and our D will have to get a couple of turnovers for the O to score on.

I'm sorry but I find the run game as it was in Minny, boring. I immediately deleted it on the DVR when we were done watching but am still going to finish re-watching the Eagles one. A much better and more awesome and fun game to watch.
only way i can see us getting TO's if we get pressure, if we don't get to brady our D is going to have a loooonggg day. I will feel more safe by keeping brady off the field by RUN RUN RUN and i mean turn it into to a slug fest. The defense has got to punch them in the mouth set the tone early. we have got to be physical.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and this is Tom Brady's hand....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

(cue up "Pats cheat" reply) :yawn:

:D those are nice. Wonder how he's gonna fit the next one???

So there will be a next one? Meaning they haven't stopped cheating.
They had two other chances and they blew them.
Awwwww. Too bad, so sad.
And 13 is greater than three.

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So there will be a next one? Meaning they haven't stopped cheating.
They had two other chances and they blew them.
Awwwww. Too bad, so sad.
And 13 is greater than three.

Really spy gate ref? So sad! This discussion COMPLETLY unravled!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys making big money for the Packers have to play to their potential for the Packers to have a good shot at winning. If CM3, Shields, Peppers don't have big days I don't see how the Packers can hold the Pats under 35. Brady like Rodgers doesn't throw picks so the Pack D won't be able to bail itself out with turnovers. The game will be won or lost in the trenches. If the Packers can get good pressure on Brady and don't let him get comfortable they will win. I think the Packers offense should put up 27-28 pts.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady isn't real mobile. He avoids the rush by stepping up in the pocket that is why the pass rush up the middle will be critical. I hope Capers dials up a lot of inside blitzes for CM3 and stunts Peppers to the middle as well. Watch the rush up the middle early in the game. If it's there good things will happen! If not expect the Pats to put up a lot of points.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still processing my "feel" for this game but I don't think we should make more of it for either team than what it is. A marquee match-up, to be sure, but the season isn't on the line for either, it's far too early to call it a Super Bowl preview. No matter who wins both teams will go on from here to the playoffs; when anything can happen.

The location is different but the setting is reminiscient of the game four years ago at Foxboro. The Patriots were chewing up opponents and looked like a sure Super Bowl team. The Packers came in without their all-pro qb Aaron Rodgers, out with a concussion, and Matt Flynn played instead. The Packers gave the Pats a heckuva good battle but still lost. New England went on to get knocked out of the playoffs by the Jets! Green Bay beat Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

This is the kind of game at which the Patriots do excel, though. Belichick and Brady are masters at disagnosing and dissecting an opponent and coming up with a game plan that fits and works. I know what I'm hoping for and also what I have concerns about. The Packers will need to be prepared and inspired.

For the Packers to win they are going to have to do it the old fashioned way and execute in all 3 phases of the game. The old Lombardi dictum: Football is blocking and tackling and if you do it better than your opponent you will win.

Last edited:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The greatest concern for me in this game is the Packers defense. It's one thing to stifle a mistake-prone Cutler or Sanchez, quite another to get turnovers off Brady and the Pats. I also haven't heard anything new about the status of Nick Perry. He's important because he allowed Matthews to move inside and bolster the run defense and play roamer. If Perry is not ready to go on Sunday, that will make the Pats running game that much harder to defend. And pressuring Brady is not going to be easy either.

I do think the Packer defense is better than the start of the season, but I'm not sold on them yet. For the Packers to win they will need to make at least a few stops against the Brady Bunch. I don't have all the confidence in the world that they will be able to.

The Packers will score. I'd be very surprised if they did not put up at least 27-28 points and probably more, but i don't see the Pats scoring any less than 30 against this defense either.

Offensively, I think the Packers can match or even exceed the Pats' firepower. Defensively, the Pats have the edge. Their secondary is as good as ours--we are stronger across the board with Shields, Williams, Hayward, Burnett and Dix, but we don't have anyone of Revis' caliber, and Browner and McCourty are both pretty good, and their front 7 is better IMO, especially at ILB.

Last edited:

TB3XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pats fan here, and not to sound cocky or anything, but GB is exactly the type of team NE excels against. Belichick is tremendous at game planning against offenses like that of GB's and this year he has the personnel on defense to be successful. Rodgers might be playing better than Luck and Manning this year but it's not as if he's in a class by himself. Belichick has game planned successfully against Manning his entire career, so I don't think we have anything to fear in that regard.

I foresee us limiting your offense just enough to outscore you.

Many have stated that the key for GB will be getting pressure up the middle. That's true. However, far better Dlines have attempted it since week 4 and all have failed to generate consistent pressure.

This is the best Pats team I have seen since 2004.

Should be a good game though.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Pats fan here, and not to sound cocky or anything, but GB is exactly the type of team NE excels against. Belichick is tremendous at game planning against offenses like that of GB's and this year he has the personnel on defense to be successful. Rodgers might be playing better than Luck and Manning this year but it's not as if he's in a class by himself. Belichick has game planned successfully against Manning his entire career, so I don't think we have anything to fear in that regard.

Many have stated that the key for GB will be getting pressure up the middle. That's true. However, far better Dlines have attempted it since week 4 and all have failed to generate consistent pressure.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LITP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm also a Patriots fan.

I'm also reasonably confident in a win this Sunday.

You should think more about how your post will be received when posting on the fan forum of our next opponents - it comes across as cocky and arrogant.

FWIW, Rodgers is certainly in a league above Manning and Luck - for all the hype Luck isn't in the same league as Brady/Rodgers/Manning - and Manning finally has age/injury catching up with him.

It actually gives me extra appreciation how good Manning was back in the day when he could throw something other than bubble screens and wounded ducks - his play diagnosis is excellent. When he meets a team that will properly compete with his WRs then he is going to struggle to fit that ball into tight windows - this will likely happen in the post-season or even against KC this weekend.

For me, Rodgers and Brady have been nip and tuck for the best QB in football the last 3 years or so - Manning's physical limitations drop him out of this competition.

I think perhaps a lot of |Packers fans are underestimating how good this Patriots defence is - we'll seehow it shakes out Sunday.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ok, I need to come in here as say a couple things. ;)

The Packers are a decent Offensive Team and can score a lot of points against average Defenses.
The Patriots are a decent Offensive Team that can score a lot of points against Anyone period.

Jeez, has anybody called the emergency services for you yet ??? sit quietly, don`t move around too much. That must have been one hell of a blow to the head you suffered there :eek:

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

Not sure which league you've been watching to say Rogders isn't in a class by himself. I'm sick of the meaningless back and forth.

Take any of the top tier QB's active right now. None have the mobility and the play extending ability of Rodgers nor do any of them have the ability to throw against the grain, cross field on the run with the accuracy of Rogers. Nobody sees the ENTIRE field better either. Case in point that TD throw to the Other Rodgers against the Yikes.

And yes, I am cognizant of the fact that the Pats have a nice Defense. But as I mentioned on a post a few days ago, Minnesota's is better and the Packers beat them with what was most assuredly a lackluster performance. The Vikes are not that far away from being a very strong team. Bridgewater has a great deal of poise in the pocket. More than any rookie I can name off the top of my head.

We will put up points on your Pats. And your Pats will put up points on the Pack.

This, IMHO will be a shootout.

Last edited:

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok ANYONE saying Rogers is not one of the top THREE QB's in the NFL right now is nuts. He is just amazing w his accuracy and mobility.

Now I still want my Brady who is one of the greatest ever over him but I am sure GB fans if any understand that sentiment.

This game is going be a chess match between BB/Patricia and Rogers as well as a chess match between the GB D coach and Brady. I as a pats fan like our chances.

Snoop17744

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is going SHRED the Patriots secondary and Lacy is going to leave cleat marks on the faces of their defensive line! Peppers will get another pick 6 and Cobb will return a punt for a touchdown. Packers 49 patriots 18

"Clueless" or "Trolling for Pats fans"?

Snoop17744

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Jordy Nelson over Brandon LaFell - LaFell has done an excellent job this year, far surpassing the expectations of most - however Jordy Nelson is an elite No.1 receiver.

Cheers

This sort of comparison really means nothing and it does not make sense.

IMO, the more relevant comparison would be "Jordy Nelson vs. Pats CB's" and "Brandon LaFell vs Pack CB's". It's not like Nelson and LaFell will be battling each other, is it? ....

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Snoop,

Every fan should think their QB shred the opponent. Just like you and I expect Brady to light the packers up like an Xmas tree. Doesn't mean it will happen but as fans we feel it will.

(Like my heart says pats win 45-17 but my head says it's more likely be 30-24 lol)

Snoop17744

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, this game is (relatively) insignificant. In other words, a loss against a non-conference opponent hurts much less than a loss to a division foe or a loss to a conference rival.

With this being said, I fully expect the Pats to give GB a number of looks & plays with a potential SB matchup in mind. BB will want to put certain things on film for GB to see.