The door has slammed shut!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only has the door slammed shut on the Packers ever winning another SB under Rodgers, it’s locked. If this team couldn’t at least get to the NFC championship that’s all she wrote. MLF is a great regular season coach, but unfortunately he’s gotta try that again along with Rodgers as being chokers in the playoffs. It’s going to be interesting to see why he can even do in the regular season when Rodgers decides he’s either done playing football or being a Packer.

They blew it. I decided last night not to ever buy into the home field playoff advantage playoff BS again. That mystique doesn’t exist at Lambeau anymore and yet again they lay a giant egg as the #1 seed. Just pitiful. No Packer fan can ever make fun of Cowboy fans again because we literally are bigger chokers in the playoffs than they are. **** is pathetic

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd never say never, but I would concede that it isn't looking good. This team just hasn't been able to get over the hump for years and now we're likely to lose some really important players. It's sad. What makes these last two playoff losses particularly bad is that we were arguably the better team both times, were favored by Vegas, and were at home. In past years, like 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2018, I could just tell myself "we weren't the better team." But I don't think that was the case this year or last.

I recall watching the NFL Network during the 2010 regular season and a panel was asked "do you think that Aaron Rodgers will have more Super Bowls when he retires than Brett Favre?" If I recall correctly, each panelist said "yes" except for Warren Sapp, who said, "I think he'll have as many." Sapp went on to explain how difficult it is to win a Super Bowl. In hindsight, it looks like he was right. Who would have thought in 2011 that Rodgers would never even get back to a Super Bowl?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd never say never, but I would concede that it isn't looking good. This team just hasn't been able to get over the hump for years and now we're likely to lose some really important players. It's sad. What makes these last two playoff losses particularly bad is that we were arguably the better team both times, were favored by Vegas, and were at home. In past years, like 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2018, I could just tell myself "we weren't the better team." But I don't think that was the case this year or last.

I recall watching the NFL Network during the 2010 regular season and a panel was asked "do you think that Aaron Rodgers will have more Super Bowls when he retires than Brett Favre?" If I recall correctly, each panelist said "yes" except for Warren Sapp, who said, "I think he'll have as many." Sapp went on to explain how difficult it is to win a Super Bowl. In hindsight, it looks like he was right. Who would have thought in 2011 that Rodgers would never even get back to a Super Bowl?
Everyone on this forum thought Rodgers would retire with at least 3 rings. Everyone thought he was a breath of fresh air over Favre's game-ending picks. 11 years later, and Favre has still been to more Super Bowls than Rodgers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts