The Cranky Redskins Article

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this article?

It went nation wide and Mr. Devil In Disguise himself tried to press charges over the picture in it.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

Basically EVERYTHING that is and has been wrong with the Washington Redskins ever since Synder bought the team.

Makes you be thankful again we have people running the Packers Organization that are not all worried about making millions after millions after millions, and we build our teams from the draft and not by making a fantasy football team of washed up individuals that had seen better days.

Ughhhh, back when I was a kid I used to believe the Redskins were the most likable team in the NFC East, mostly for 3 guys; Rypien, Sanders, and Art Monk. I would smile seeing them whoop Dallas every now and then.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You liked the Redskins before Snyder? I think the only bad thing I could say about their 1983 season is the fact that Joe Theismann quarterbacked that team. They had an amazing offense and a tough defense. To this day, I'm still surprised that the Packers handed them one of their only two defeats that season.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today's Washington Post carries an article that 1/3 of the sports fans in The Washington area view the Redskins unfavorably. 54 % view Snyder unfavorably.

I dislike the Redskins for a lot of reasons but at or near the top is Snyder. He sets the market value high for players because he has the deep pockets. He and Jerry Jones are the piranahs of the NFL.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You liked the Redskins before Snyder? I think the only bad thing I could say about their 1983 season is the fact that Joe Theismann quarterbacked that team. They had an amazing offense and a tough defense. To this day, I'm still surprised that the Packers handed them one of their only two defeats that season.

Yep I agree with that one.

My best friend was a big Redskins fan as we grew up. I never got to see them with Thiesmann but I really liked Rypien, and the offense they had with Ricky Sanders, Art Monk, Terry Orr, and Ted McGee.
Their 1991 team was just loaded with talent.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gf is a huge Skins fan, and tries to tell me how the Packers didn't deserve to win this years superbowl against her "Second Favorite" team. Man the nerve of some people, and having to deal with a Skins fan! I personally can't stand that team, and some of their more modern fans that have the idea Rex Grossman is amazing after 2 games. Will reality ever sink in? That they kinda suck? The teams in the 80's and early 90's were gems. Classic teams, with a great ownership and great all around players. John Riggins was awesome, and Russ Grimm and the Hogs were amazing. But now? Totally different story, and much different ideas. In a way I feel bad for that team because they are passionate people. However I get tired of Redskins media coverage being played over and over again in the Baltimore metro area.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The skins should be one of our mortal enemies. They stole Lombardi from us!

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
My gf is a huge Skins fan, and tries to tell me how the Packers didn't deserve to win this years superbowl against her "Second Favorite" team. Man the nerve of some people, and having to deal with a Skins fan! I personally can't stand that team, and some of their more modern fans that have the idea Rex Grossman is amazing after 2 games. Will reality ever sink in? That they kinda suck? The teams in the 80's and early 90's were gems. Classic teams, with a great ownership and great all around players. John Riggins was awesome, and Russ Grimm and the Hogs were amazing. But now? Totally different story, and much different ideas. In a way I feel bad for that team because they are passionate people. However I get tired of Redskins media coverage being played over and over again in the Baltimore metro area.

Yeah the Squealers deserved to win when they turned the ball over 3 times just like the Vikings got "screwed by the refs" against the Saints when they turned the ball over 6 times.

I know the feeling...

I hate Rex, and hate looking at them today and thinking back to myself and saying "You remember when Rypien, Earnest Byner, and Art Monk was on this team?"
I won 2 Super Bowls with the Redskins team on Tecmo Super Bowl (even posting a 14-2 record, my best record ever) and the team on that game was basically a washed up version of their 1991 team without Art Monk.

Since one of my best friends has been a die hard Skins fan since 1989, I have to hear him preach how Dan Synder ruined the team, and that article up above is a good example.

We were LAUGHING OUR ***** OFF when he benched Johnson for a washed up Jeff George.
Actually I was laughing pretty hard last year when Shanahan benched a pro bowl caliber quarterback in McNabb for a bust like Rex Grossman, and look at them now. McNabb is washed up too but I'd much rather depend on him than Rexy throwing picks everywhere and having no pocket presence experience to look both ways before throwing the ball after so many years in the league.

Or what about Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith in Redskins uniforms? That just did not look right seeing Smith on their defense, washed up or not.

The Skins are the biggest laughing stock in the NFL sadly because it's basically a ******* playing fantasy football with players that have seen better days. They were the oldest team in the league last year and that's not surprising.

Washington is the 2nd richest team in the league (Dallas at #1.) And after reading that article, you can surely understand why when the owner was a businessman, and only things about squeezing dollars into anything and everything possible.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell her the Skins didn't deserve to win two Super Bowls in strike shortened seasons. They put together the best scab teams during one of those seasons that got them there. In the other there were approximately half a season of games played.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell her the Skins didn't deserve to win two Super Bowls in strike shortened seasons. They put together the best scab teams during one of those seasons that got them there. In the other there were approximately half a season of games played.

Oh trust me, I've told her that numerous times and she never listens. If I throw the 83 superbowl in her face hahaha she never says a word. Isn't that the one where the Redskins got mauled by those pesky Raidahs??

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh trust me, I've told her that numerous times and she never listens. If I throw the 83 superbowl in her face hahaha she never says a word. Isn't that the one where the Redskins got mauled by those pesky Raidahs??
Rocket Screen, in that Raidahs game, Jack Squirek, I loved it.

btw, Washington is loaded with women. You can do better. Hell go to Mr. Days and get yourself a Packer woman.

Members online

Latest posts