The bright side to the start of our season

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You misinterpret my comment on balance. I speak to him shifting left and then getting beat across his face. That's the kind of balance I see.

I don't see him getting stood up alot nor beaten a lot off the line. As to your "FACT"s, cite your sources.

Yours and mine are both eye tests and humans suck at those. We see what we want to see and ignore what we don't if it doesn't fit our narrative. To that end, I went ahead and paid for PFF's advanced stats to get something a bit more impartial.

He's ranked (tied) 19th among ALL offensive tackles for his pass rushing grade. There were 5 right tackles that had a higher grade, so, if we exclude those, he'd be the 15th best pass-blocking left tackle this season so far. 32 teams, 16th would be average.

Pass Blocking Ratings: Newhouse is 15th (19), Lang is 27th (44), and Saturday is 22nd, Sitton is 2nd (4), Bulaga is 62nd.

Number in () is for All Tackles and All Guards (ie, Lang is the 27th best pass blocking left guard, 44th best guard period.) I didn't do Saturday because, well, duh. I didn't do Bulaga, because I don't want to have to count that much.

Well, there ya go. Thanks for the stats. But...he is 19th, you can take away this or that to make his performance better. Number don't lie. 19th out of 32 IS below average. And as I described, the rest of our line is not that good as well. It is what it is and we will have to learn to work with what we have.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
But...he is 19th, you can take away this or that to make his performance better. Number don't lie. 19th out of 32 IS below average.
Really? mradtke66 (thanks for the info!) subtracted RTs to show you where Newhouse stands amoung LTs. If you include ALL OTs, Newhouse is 19th of 64 (at least). Numbers don't lie but they can clearly be misinterpreted.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But that is just pass blocking. Run blocking and overall (a combination of pass, run, and screen blocking for linemen) paint a different picture.

Latest posts