rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So...original voting option

Decline in rodgers...32 percent

lack of support....49 percent

Defense needs more help..19 percent

Lmao.!
To be fair, this poll is a few years old, and the team looked quite a bit different then than it does now. We didn't even have the same coach.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
To be fair, this poll is a few years old, and the team looked quite a bit different then than it does now. We didn't even have the same coach.
The idea though that anyone ever truly believed that he was in any real, significant decline is laughable. It's amazing how good you look when you aren't injured like 2018 or in the first year of a new system like 2019.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm sure you were in the same boat of people that were saying this in early 2016 when the Packers were also struggling, right before Rodgers played the greatest 9 game stretch I've ever seen a quarterback play to finish that season.

People were wrong then, and they're going to be proven wrong again.
^ December of 2018.

I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about not breaking the cardinal rule. Never, ever, bet against Aaron Rodgers. You're going to lose.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The idea though that anyone ever truly believed that he was in any real, significant decline is laughable. It's amazing how good you look when you aren't injured like 2018 or in the first year of a new system like 2019.
Fair enough, but you have to admit he has looked better this season than he has in a long, long time.
It looks like right now he has the right pieces around him, the system favors him, and he's been able to remain healthy - all huge things.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Fair enough, but you have to admit he has looked better this season than he has in a long, long time.
It looks like right now he has the right pieces around him, the system favors him, and he's been able to remain healthy - all huge things.
All of those things were true when he was at the peak of his powers though in the first several years of his career.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I heard Davante just got the coveted 99 rating in Madden. And Rodgers only has a 95 rating. Maybe he can use that as another chip on his shoulder.

Gregory Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, but when you do that, you basically give them an extra man in coverage.

If they rush four and you release five, they’ve got a 2 man advantage in coverage.

If they rush four and you release four, they’ve got a 3 man advantage in coverage.

That could lead to holding the ball longer and coverage sacks. So it’s a chess match.

In my opinion, Rodgers will need to be satisfied to be methodical. Take what they give you in the zones and move the chains.
When Rodgers gets out of the pocket, the play has changed. Options start to lessen. Needs protection to work the pocket.

danicafreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not be overlooked that it seems DP put some stress on AR. Hes on fire this year.

I hope hes happy - I think she was devastated, based on her posts on social media.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not putting much on Danica, they seemed genuinely happy when they were together and sometimes that just doesn't last for whatever reason. I think rodgers Struggles were with a new offense, new coaches and players at playmaking positions that didn't know or understand their roles in the offense.

I'm not naive enough to think personal lives don't affect professional ones, but as far as this goes, I think it ranks pretty low all things considered. Other than being a bears fan, she seems like a pretty decent person.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think he had better pieces around him than people readily acknowledge. Rodgers was playing in a scheme that was IMO trash, and only worked to the extent of Rodgers supreme talent but at that generally against middling to bad defenses. This year we lost Davante Adams and didn't skip a beat, we lost Aaron Jones for a game and the ground game kept humming, we lose an all pro LT and the offense keeps humming. This current balanced scheme keeps defenses guessing, off balanced and puts our players in a position to succeed. Contrast this with the offense cratering back in 15 without Nelson.

Yes Rodgers did resist the addition of man beater route combinations back in 15, and he did favor the spread iso. It also took him too long to admit that the aggressive downfield offense wasnt working very well even if it was creating a lot of highlights. It was brutal for offensive consistency.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It also took him too long to admit that the aggressive downfield offense wasnt working very well even if it was creating a lot of highlights.
I still don't think giving up the 10 yard pick up a 1st down toss to throw 35 yards into double coverage can be laid at the coach's feet. At some point the QB has to share the blame.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't think giving up the 10 yard pick up a 1st down toss to throw 35 yards into double coverage can be laid at the coach's feet. At some point the QB has to share the blame.

I was laying it at Rodgers feet.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This current balanced scheme keeps defenses guessing, off balanced and puts our players in a position to succeed.
The scheme's been a huge difference for the team this year, you're starting to hear MLF get a lot of recognition for his play design.

I think it's interesting you haven't heard all the usual criticism about Rodgers' attitude this year. I've said all along that winning covers a multitude of sins. People are only going to care about that gossip type stuff when the team is losing. When they're winning, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The scheme's been a huge difference for the team this year, you're starting to hear MLF get a lot of recognition for his play design.

I think it's interesting you haven't heard all the usual criticism about Rodgers' attitude this year. I've said all along that winning covers a multitude of sins. People are only going to care about that gossip type stuff when the team is losing. When they're winning, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
You are wrong. Rodger's attitude is night and day different. For the better.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first reaction was to agree with this...and then I thought about it for a second. The bottom line is that it’s the coache’s job to field a winning team and to use an offensive system that is successful. changing coaches seems to have had that result with the same QB.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You are wrong. Rodger's attitude is night and day different. For the better.
Totally agree. You could see the change in him already just prior to the season beginning. He’s got his groove now and seems to be happy and having a lot of fun this year. Attitude has carried over to the rest of the team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Totally agree. You could see the change in him already just prior to the season beginning. He’s got his groove now and seems to be happy and having a lot of fun this year. Attitude has carried over to the rest of the team.
Just posted video of davante, Richard sherman and Collinsworth..

Sherman and tae said rodgers out for blood

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So granted I know Cowherd isn't the biggest Rodgers fan and whatnot but I listened to him today and he mentions how Rodgers has the potential to win multiple rings in the future. Based on what he said it's kinda hard not to see where he's coming from with how the NFC is currently. Atm the only real threats we'd have to worry about is potentially Seattle, Tampa, and maybe San Fran. So there IS a potential window of opportunity to win multiple titles, but we better focus on winning this one first.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!