The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it isn't my narrative. it was everywhere. national media, local media, team members. you can't deny it happened. we saw it with our own eyes and heard it with our own ears coming from his own mouth.
Gary we've already been over this dude. The only people that believe Rodgers is trying to undermine MLF is guys like the Colin Cowherds, the Skip Bayless and whatnot. And as far as undermining the coach if you're by chance referring to McCarthy, McCarthy confirmed that Rodgers had his blessing to change the play at the line of scrimmage. Which is more confusing that you take issue considering how it's been noted how McCarthy wasn't able to adapt play calling and everything. If it was left up to you we would probably would've lost more games, had Rodgers not audible. And besides it's not like Rodgers did this constantly. It's a narrative because this is being blown way out of proportion. Get a grip dude. You're making a mountain out of an anthill.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM and Rodgers had a very normal QB and headcoach relationship. There was nothing odd about it, nothing until we started losing. That's it. And now we all these people that need to be paid to be heard and they keep talking, talking talking and apparently you still listen?

Maybe you might want to look at our defensive players and production the past 5 years and re-think why it was drafted so heavily LOL. But to you it's because Rodgers is uncontrollable LOL

Brady and BB butt heads, Rodgers MM, Montana and Walsh, Favre and Holmgren. heck, half of Reids job was simply to play peacemaker between the 2 and you think this is unique to Rodgers and MM? The only thing that changed? We weren't winning. Pretty much everything said and done this offseason by every person involved with this has been so reasonable it's almost boring.

MLF basically puts the issue to bed, a HC standing up and saying this is a non-story, it's over and you still see it as an undressed, no power coach who lost a power struggle with his QB.
Not to mention the fact that in the playoffs Rodgers wasn't the reason as to why we lost those games. But he glosses over that little detail as if Rodgers is the problem which is not only wrong but greatly inaccurate.

It's truly amazing how people are such prisoners of the moment. All it takes is ONE bad year and people turn on you. And the funny thing is it was a bad year by his standards. It's so easy just to pin it all on Rodgers. It's honestly to the point it's lazy.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that in the playoffs Rodgers wasn't the reason as to why we lost those games. But he glosses over that little detail as if Rodgers is the problem which is not only wrong but greatly inaccurate.

It's truly amazing how people are such prisoners of the moment. All it takes is ONE bad year and people turn on you. And the funny thing is it was a bad year by his standards. It's so easy just to pin it all on Rodgers. It's honestly to the point it's lazy.
i've never pinned the teams down trend on rodgers solely. ted, murphy, mccarthy, talent drain, the defense, guys getting old, lack of cap room. they're all contributing factors. i'm not blaming any loss on rodgers either. that would be ridiculous.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers failed to live up to his all time great standards in two periods of his career (roughly Oct 2015 to mid 2016, and 2018). Still and all though, in 2015 he won a playoff game, and the next week got to overtime against a 13-3 Cardinals team, but didn't touch the football because of a blown defensive assignment that allowed Larry Fitzgerald to break loose to the goal line for the eventual game winning touchdown.

In the 2016 NFC championship game, he's the only one that decided to show up for that one. A missed field goal, and a fumble at the goal line by Rip led to a 17-0 deficit before he could bat an eye lash. Offensive line got spanked, receivers dropping balls, a gutless defense getting punked on every damn possession. At least three balls that I remember from Matt Ryan hit DBs in the hands, yet they couldn't make the play. It was disgraceful.

2018, he wasn't Aaron Rodgers. Whether health related (at least partially) or otherwise, he wasn't himself. That's the only full season in which Rodgers didn't live up to expectations.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM and Rodgers had a very normal QB and headcoach relationship. There was nothing odd about it, nothing until we started losing. That's it. And now we all these people that need to be paid to be heard and they keep talking, talking talking and apparently you still listen?

McCarthy confirmed that Rodgers had his blessing to change the play at the line of scrimmage.

There are enough statements out there to prove AR/MM relationship broke down in 2017 or the year before. We've had plenty of conservative calls which every watching fan found strange...culminating in the call vs Bengals which AR famously was caught by cameras saying "stupid f**king call". At that point it was pretty much evident that their relationship was broken. MM's inability to innovate plays or even make calls aggressively when needed was blatantly obvious and must have been felt in dressing room too.

There were various embellishments added to the narrative (AR's revenge for MM picking him late in draft etc etc) were all nonsense, but they just clouded a clear issue.

Extrapolating the same issues to AR-MLF and deeming AR as a uncoachable QB were all nonsense peddled by the likes of Cowturd and should rightly be trashed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would bet my life that even in 2010, 2011, 2014 etc, Aaron Rodgers thought MM sent in a stupid "****ing" call. There isn't a QB in the HOF that hasn't had it out with their HC at some point. Maybe not Kurt Warner and **** Vermeil, but I bet he said one less Hail Mary for him at night at one point or another than usual.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would bet my life that even in 2010, 2011, 2014 etc, Aaron Rodgers thought MM sent in a stupid "*******" call. There isn't a QB in the HOF that hasn't had it out with their HC at some point. Maybe not Kurt Warner and **** Vermeil, but I bet he said one less Hail Mary for him at night at one point or another than usual.

C'mon man, Warner wasn't a Catholic!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any excuse to put this thread back on page 1 with the game quickly approaching. :whistling: ;)
lol...it's the most current rodgers thread going sir...for positive, or negative.

oh...and if you look at the op's 6 points...they just happen to still be relevant now in 2019. :whistling: ;)

if you want to start a new thread titled "let's blow smoke up rodgers' butt..." be my guest. :D

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why does it seem like he always starts to pout and his play suffers? First three drives he was happy, after that..... not so much....

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it seem Rodgers can't escape the rush like he once did? I feel like there have been a number of times both this year and last where he's tried to wiggle out of pressure so he can buy time to throw, only to get caught and pulled the ground. For most of his career, he's been great at escaping the rush. I didn't notice any drop off until last year, which, at the time, I attributed to his bum ankle. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's age.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it seem Rodgers can't escape the rush like he once did? I feel like there have been a number of times both this year and last where he's tried to wiggle out of pressure so he can buy time to throw, only to get caught and pulled the ground. For most of his career, he's been great at escaping the rush. I didn't notice any drop off until last year, which, at the time, I attributed to his bum ankle. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's age.

Maybe, but he has also faced 2 teams that both have a solid front 7. There hasn't been a lot of room, even outside of the pocket for Aaron to roam.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think D's know the key is to keep him boxed in. he's still has legs.

Reaction score
i think D's know the key is to keep him boxed in. he's still has legs.
He can still punish teams by running for 1st downs if unaccounted for. But he just played 2 faster than average Defenses and his OL is likely 4+ more weeks from gelling. This new O system takes an adjustment period to be functioning comfortably.
IMO that period is somewhere between 4 regular season contests (best case to function adequately) and 16 contests (to operate like a well oiled machine).
The more Wins we put up early in the season, the more we close that gap between the reality of our play and our ideal play (our ideal play is always changing slightly with our reality week to week). The object is to have minimal discrepancies between them.
We slightly closed the gap of those two today against MN, but more importantly we got a Win in the meantime.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can still punish teams by running for 1st downs if unaccounted for. But he just played 2 faster than average Defenses and his OL is likely 4+ more weeks from gelling. This new O system takes an adjustment period to be functioning comfortably.
IMO that period is somewhere between 4 regular season contests (best case to function adequately) and 16 contests (to operate like a well oiled machine).
The more Wins we put up early in the season, the more we close that gap between the reality of our play and our ideal play (our ideal play is always changing slightly with our reality week to week). The object is to have minimal discrepancies between them.
We slightly closed the gap of those two today against MN, but more importantly we got a Win in the meantime.
i think the adjustment period, to the new O, is compounded by the fact that they're "customizing" it for rodgers. that's why they look less like the rams and more like the fiasco of the last few years. i think if he'd just run it as designed they'd be much further along than they are.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, most offenses are hitting on all cylinders in week 2, especially ones with new coaches and new offenses. They were better in week 2 than week 1. I suspect they'll continue to grow and by year 2 they'll be better than the Rams could ever hope to be because our QB is much more capable.

The only offenses looking good, played ****** defenses for the most part. Nobody knows what anybody in this league until the first month ends.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why does it seem like he always starts to pout and his play suffers? First three drives he was happy, after that..... not so much....

When things are going south how can he be happy? The offense did move the ball just enough at the end of the game forcing MN to use their TOs and left them with only 14 seconds in the end.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I have had enough of Aaron Rodgers act. He is not capable of hiding his disgust and anger. Show up the new coach? It looks terrible! Let's see, you make millions of dollars, you play for the most storied franchise in the NFL, you seem to have everything that anyone could ever want, yet you walk around and play like you are having the worst time of your life. There are obviously other issues but straight up, if you can't enjoy yourself playing football, walk away cause sometimes I swear you look like you have already packed it in. I have done nothing but defend you and your actions but you don't make it easy. Where's the joy, where's the smile? I look forward to Sunday every week so that I can watch my team play. It used to make me happy. Now it's like a trip to the dentist. Angst and anxiety. Snap the **** out of it!

Members online

Latest posts