The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
First, isn't it also Aaron Rodgers job to correct it? He had 2 chances to do so, one after the presser in August and recently. Fans and the media took him on his word.

Second, if at the end of the day, it is "no one's business", which I am not debating, why did he answer the question at all?
Rodgers really doesn't have to answer a question he doesn't want to answer. It's a decision about his personal health that doesn't effect us fans one single bit, except for "depriving" us of entertainment for 3 hours on a Sunday.

The backlash many have received about not getting vaccinated has been beyond harsh. I don't have much of an issue with him sort of side stepping it.

What would've been worse is saying "I'm vaccinated". He said immunized, and for some reason no one in the media room decided to follow up. It clearly wasn't all that important to them at the time, but now it's damn near criminal. It's really just another talking point to demonize Rodgers because they are all ready for him to go away. This is just another log they can throw on the fire.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers really doesn't have to answer a question he doesn't want to answer.
On August 26th he chose to answer a direct question about his vaccine status, instead of simply saying, "I prefer to keep that private." Instead, he chose to try and be cute about it in his Rodgers like way.

In case you didn't read what transpired:

Q: “Are you vaccinated and what’s your stance on vaccinations?”

A: “Yeah, I’ve been immunized,” he said. “There’s a lot of conversation around it, around the league. And a lot of guys who have made statements, and not made statements. Owners who’ve made statements. There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision. I’m not gonna judge those guys.”

What does Rodgers do? He doubles down on the deceit and answers the next question that implied that he was vaccinated, without bothering to take the time to correct the reporter and say something like "just to be clear, I am not vaccinated, I am immunized".
The backlash many have received about not getting vaccinated has been beyond harsh. I don't have much of an issue with him sort of side stepping it.
So that is the lesson you would teach your kid? When its a tough question, one you don't actually have to answer, its ok to lie, as long as you do it smartly? "Go ahead kid, Dad lies, everyone lies, even Aaron Rodgers."

Sorry, for those of you defending what he did by saying "it doesn't matter, he didn't have to answer the question, it is nobodies business", you haven't convinced me and it appears you haven't convince many others into accepting what he did as being ok.

For a guy that is as calculating and cerebral as Aaron Rodgers, the one thing he missed in his word game, was what would happen if he was caught in his lie. I guess he is finding out the hard way.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of which a majority were children or young adults hence the name infantile paralysis. Of those 35k, in any given year between .5 and 1.5% died.

Of which less than .0005% under the age of 30 in the US have died. Much fewer in that age bracket than have died of child abuse or the flu.
So you only count or matter if you are under 30? Somebody tell Tom Brady.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say the vax doesn't so much prevent you from getting the plague so much as it helps you get over it quicker and increases the already VERY high likelihood of surviving it. Rodgers only had symptoms for a couple days. Hmm...
Actually what they say is if vaccinated you are less likely to get covid, you are even more less likely to be hospitalized and then you are even more less likely than that to die from it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody here really believe things would be any different had Rodgers said back in August, "no, I have not been and I'm not going to be"? Anybody?

It would have been media frenzy in Green Bay from day 1 back in August all the way up to now and the moment he tested positive it would have erupted in exactly what it has.

he was probably doing the team a favor by keeping it from being another story and distraction. I think many are mad about the "lie" because they want to be mad at him.

Every single one of us has told a lie at one point or another to avoid stuff you didn't want to deal with at that particular moment for all sorts of reasons. I've lived enough to know that much. Hide an embarrassing family member, mental issues in family your self, job firings, drunk drivings, drug experimentation/full on use, cheating. Then you have the reasons for missing work/school/family functions etc that may not have been for anything nefarious. Just went to seminar you know your co-workers or friends wouldn't have approved of. Heck, people lie about the food they feed their dogs in certain company because people are nucking futs about that stuff sometimes.

but this guy, he avoided a media crap storm to start the year over a controversial and still experimental shot and he's the devil because he didn't give you an answer you had any business knowing in the first place.

We're out of control as a society. Henry Ruggs just actually killed somebody and people are 100x's more irate over this. Because they didn't get to know a man's personal and private health information.
It's about risk assessment and making decisions. if that is something you value in your life, you should be able to extend that to others. One day I promise there will be a group that is going to want to make a decision for you that you will find unacceptable.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Infantile paralysis affected mainly the young, so I used that age bracket for Covid. Your risk of dying from Covid basically doubles every decade of life so it is worse for the elderly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Does anybody here really believe things would be any different had Rodgers said back in August, "no, I have not been and I'm not going to be"? Anybody?

Like I said in another post today, I agree there would have been backlash, but it would have been in August and blown over, just like it did for Kirk Cousins. However, Rodgers was willing to gamble that he wouldn't be caught in a lie or at best an intended "mistruth/deception". He lost and now that people are PO'd midseason about it, you and others are saying "oh come on man, he couldn't win no matter what he did." Sure he could have, he could have either said "I am not disclosing that to the general public" or if his convictions were as strong as he claimed they were with Pat MacAfee the other day, then man up and lay out your decision process then and maybe educate us. Laying that out after the fact, just looks like a coverup and a bad one at that.

To quote Michael Rosenberg of SI:

"People have died listening to the same kind of nonsense Rodgers spread Friday. And he spread it only to protect himself, his ego and his perpetual belief that the world has wronged Aaron Rodgers."

Last edited:

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He also has said he is allergic to ingredients in the vaccines. We'll never know for sure but based on past behavior, I suspect that is a lie as well. Pretty convenient since it can't be proven. At the very least he is a deceptive person.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a fan of lies or liars BUT there are times when it is good policy to lie or at least hide the truth.

2 effective ways of lying.

1 tell part of the truth.

2 tell the whole truth but in such a way everyone thinks you're lying

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am not a fan of lies or liars BUT there are times when it is good policy to lie or at least hide the truth.

2 effective ways of lying.

1 tell part of the truth.

2 tell the whole truth but in such a way everyone thinks you're lying
That is fine when your Mom asked if you took a cookie out of the cookie jar, but when you are dealing with a virus that has killed over 5 million people, do you think lies and deceit are a "good policy"?

The more I think about this situation and the reaction of some of the regulars here, I think I know why they are so adamant about defending Rodgers. They are so, because otherwise, they can't defend themselves and their own actions. "It's ok to lie, we all do it." Tell that to the judge, as you are holding the bloody knife.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My post was more about it's his choice to get vaccinated or not it's his life & health. so avoid a question that doesn't relate to football but no not defending the loss of life & illness caused by the spread of covid.

Personally I think anyone not getting vaccinated is selfish UNLESS they have a valid reason not to be eg allergy

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My post was more about it's his choice to get vaccinated or not it's his life & health.
I haven't seen a lot of people question that in regards to the Rodgers situation, since it is a fact. We could debate the merits of his choice and the effect that his choice could potentially have on himself and/or others, but the conversation here is more about the way he handled the situation.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of people question that in regards to the Rodgers situation, since it is a fact. We could debate the merits of his choice and the effect that his choice could potentially have on himself and/or others, but the conversation here is more about the way he handled the situation.
he could have handled it better but hindsight is almost always 20:20

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Possibly. Probably not much besides this would have been addressed and moved on, but he lied. Why did he simply say "it's my business" or "no"?? For someone who says he doesn't give a sh*t or care what others think, he cares a whole lot about what others think.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

It would have been media frenzy in Green Bay from day 1 back in August all the way up to now and the moment he tested positive it would have erupted in exactly what it has.

he was probably doing the team a favor by keeping it from being another story and distraction. I think many are mad about the "lie" because they want to be mad at him.

Every single one of us has told a lie at one point or another to avoid stuff you didn't want to deal with at that particular moment for all sorts of reasons. I've lived enough to know that much. Hide an embarrassing family member, mental issues in family your self, job firings, drunk drivings, drug experimentation/full on use, cheating. Then you have the reasons for missing work/school/family functions etc that may not have been for anything nefarious. Just went to seminar you know your co-workers or friends wouldn't have approved of. Heck, people lie about the food they feed their dogs in certain company because people are nucking futs about that stuff sometimes.

but this guy, he avoided a media crap storm to start the year over a controversial and still experimental shot and he's the devil because he didn't give you an answer you had any business knowing in the first place.

We're out of control as a society. Henry Ruggs just actually killed somebody and people are 100x's more irate over this. Because they didn't get to know a man's personal and private health information.

It's about risk assessment and making decisions. if that is something you value in your life, you should be able to extend that to others. One day I promise there will be a group that is going to want to make a decision for you that you will find unacceptable.
This is an excellent post. Unfortunately it makes too much sense for some.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry that's just bs. I have no issues on him not being vaccinated, but at least he could followed the protocols for non-vaccinated players. When everyone else was trying to do the right thing and follow protocols, he just misled everyone, ignored the rules and put the entire team in jeopardy (pun intended). Who knows how many people he spread it to?

"I help spread the virus because I wanted to do the team a favor" is just horsesh*t.

And after all the other drama he created, it's not like Packers or the fans are going to walk away from him for not being vaccinated. It'd have just blown off.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Sorry that's just bs. I have no issues on him not being vaccinated, but at least he could followed the protocols for non-vaccinated players. When everyone else was trying to do the right thing and follow protocols, he just misled everyone, ignored the rules and put the entire team in jeopardy (pun intended). Who knows how many people he spread it to?

"I help spread the virus because I wanted to do the team a favor" is just horsesh*t.

And after all the other drama he created, it's not like Packers or the fans are going to walk away from him for not being vaccinated. It'd have just blown off.
He gets daily testing at the facility, but he's spreading the virus. LMAO.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we all agree that Rodgers has created more drama than Favre?

Brett was a prima-donna but he at least seemed to be genuine (or acted phenomenally well) about his feelings. Aaron has always had this "sneaky" vibe about him and it has come to the forefront this past year. Anybody who denies this is delusional, in my opinion.

There's just something about QB drama in Packerland. I firmly believe it starts with Mark Murphy - these issues with the team as a whole have only surfaced since he took over and it will take A LOT of convincing from others to change my mind, but I am open to such a discussion

Members online

Latest posts