The 73rd Annual Amish Draft Contest

H

HardRightEdge

I had never heard of Josiah. You earned the pts.
He was one of three TEs on the virtual interview list, LaFleur needed a FB or H-back who can block some and catch some out of the backfield, and he fit the bill along with another on that interview list, Charlie Taumoepeau. I put both those guys in the 7th. round knowing the risk I'd strike out if these guys went UDFA. Taumoepeau did sign as a UDFA with Dallas.

None of the TEs on this roster fit this FB/H-back profile. Sternberger is not a good blocker, Lewis was tried in the backfield and did not show the knack, an entirely different deal than blocking in-line. It's no surprise we had reports that Sternberger will see a lot of time in the slot.

At 6' 2", 240 lbs, with short arms Deguara presents a small catch radius and sub-optimal physical dimensions for in-line play, while the ho hum athletic measurements wouldn't present much of a threat out of the slot. The only thing that stands out is the 25 bench lifts, kinda helpful in slamming guys on the move. It also happens to indicate he's fully formed physically.

In short, the Packers drafted what amounts to a fullback in the 3rd. round. This kind of player isn't anything new in Green Bay. Ryan Taylor, a 7th. rounder in 2011, fit roughly the same profile back in the day when McCarthy liked having a lot of these types of players for H-back/FB blocking and special teams duty.

I get the idea. With 54% of Packer 3rd. downs at 7+ yards, leading to sub-par 3rd. down conversions, getting to better down and distance should be a priority.

However, this pick from a value standpoint in unconscionable. It's downright embarassing to have this pick on my list and I'd just as soon forfeit the points.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was one of three TEs on the virtual interview list, LaFleur needed a FB or H-back who can block some and catch some out of the backfield, and he fit the bill along with another on that interview list, Charlie Taumoepeau. I put both those guys in the 7th. round knowing the risk I'd strike out if these guys went UDFA. Taumoepeau did sign as a UDFA with Dallas.

None of the TEs on this roster fit this FB/H-back profile. Sternberger is not a good blocker, Lewis was tried in the backfield and did not show the knack, an entirely different deal than blocking in-line. It's no surprise we had reports that Sternberger will see a lot of time in the slot.

At 6' 2", 240 lbs, with short arms he presents a small catch radius and sub-optimal physical dimensions for in-line play, while the ho hum athletic measurements wouldn't present much of a threat out of the slot. The only thing that stands out is the 25 bench lifts, kinda helpful in slamming guys on the move. It also happens to indicate he's fully formed physically.

In short, the Packers drafted what amounts to a fullback in the 3rd. round. This kind of player isn't anything new in Green Bay. Ryan Taylor, a 7th. rounder in 2011, fit roughly the same profile back in the day when McCarthy liked having a lot of these types of players for H-back/FB blocking and special teams duty.

I get the idea. With 54% of Packer 3rd. downs at 7+ yards, leading to sub-par 3rd. down conversions, getting to better down and distance should be a priority.

However, this pick from a value standpoint in unconsionable. It's downright embarassing to have this pick on my list and I'd just as soon forfeit the points.
Wow. We were all wondering about this.

I will delete your points.

Staff online

Latest posts