The 73rd Annual Amish Draft Contest

D

Deleted member 6794

Love the Jennings reference, often times I've already double dipped by the 6th at WR but those curious Jennings is worth a gander in the later rounds. Kudos!

Cliffnotes I remember offhand:

-Redshirt Senior
-Shy of 1,000 yards and 10 TDs but don't remember exact totals for 2019
-Tall guy 6'2'/6'3' and touch over 200lbs
-A "slow" dude at 4.7 forty
-Works well in space and seems to have a nack for possession role IMO
-Has played better competition, which I always like to see late draft flyers taken on.

In addition Jennings could serve as the emergency quarterback having played the position in high school, leading his team to a state championship.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition Jennings could serve as the emergency quarterback having played the position in high school, leading his team to a state championship.

YUP! I was just consolidating a list of late flyer WRs for everyone to keep an eye on and that trait is one aspect I think some overlook. Often times the connection they can grow to have with a QB as well is awesome to watch.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My fear is Minny gets him. I think in the long run, Buffalo looks like idiots for trading the pick that could have gotten Jefferson for Diggs.

In some order, I think the top 4, Jeudy, Lamb, Riggs and Jefferson are gone by 20.

Agreed and if one of them happens to fall to the Packers at #30, great, grab them. However, I really think there will be enough options in Round 2 at WR, that I would hate to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder, just to move up to get Jefferson.

I have kind of been "draft lazy" this year. I know there are a ton of WR's that people are excited about, all I say is get one in your first 3 picks that you feel by year 2 is in sync with Rodgers. But if there is a non WR at #30 that you really covet, grab him and go get your WR with a later pick.

I think if I had my dithers, I would be fine with ending tonight with no pick, but have 2 picks in the second, 2 picks in the 3rd and no picks in the 4th (used to move up by trading our 1st and 4th for a 2nd and 3rd).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed and if one of them happens to fall to the Packers at #30, great, grab them. However, I really think there will be enough options in Round 2 at WR, that I would hate to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder, just to move up to get Jefferson.

I have kind of been "draft lazy" this year. I know there are a ton of WR's that people are excited about, all I say is get one in your first 3 picks that you feel by year 2 is in sync with Rodgers. But if there is a non WR at #30 that you really covet, grab him and go get your WR with a later pick.

I will admit if we sit and wait till the 3rd and depending how the board shakes out someone like Hamler, more of a gadgety, shifty small burner could be the exciting route to go. My opinion has always held solid at leave draft with Pittman, Edwards, Aiyuk and maybe Mims or Reagor.....but IF players fall Gute cannot resist I am not opposed to a Hamler type in the 3rd or perhaps take a flyer on a Tyler Johnson that has yellow flags on attitude possibly.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cam Akers rb Florida stS 2nd
Deandre smith rb georgia 2nd

Henry Ruggs iii wr Alabama. 1st
Denzel mims wr Baylor 1st
Justin Jefferson wr lsu 1st
Quintez cephus wr wi 5th

Brycen Hopkins te perdue 4th
Hunter Bryant te washington4th
Jared pinkney te vanderbilt 4th

Tyler biadiaz c Wisconsin 2nd
Matt Peart t uconn 1st
Ezra Cleveland t Boise State. 1st

Justin madabuike dt texas aM 2nd
Marlon Davidson dt Auburn 1st
Kahlil Davis de Nebraska 1st
Jason kinlaw dt South Carolina 1st

Willie gay Jr lb miss St 3rd

Cj Henderson cb Florida 1st
Reggie Robinson cb Tulsa 3rd
Tanner Muse safe Clemson. 5th

I think you have to have at least one pick for every round if I understood the rules correctly.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the fuzz, i'll get in on the action this year

Round 1
DB Kristian Fulton
DL AJ Epenesa
OL Josh Jones

Round 2

WR Brandon Aiyuk
WR Mimms
RB JK Dobbins
OL Ruiz

Round 3

LB Willie Gay
OL Tyler Biadasz
LB Gaither

Round 4
Edge Alton Robinson
Edge Anfernee Jennings
WR Lynn Bowden
DB John Reid

Round 5

WR Quintez Cephus
RB- Darius Anderson
Edge- DJ Wonnum

Round 6
OG Danny Pinter
DL Kahlil Davis

Round 7
DL Benito Jones

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
As we are getting closer to the festivities tonight, I just have one announcement to make for when our Divisional foes are picking these next 3 days...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven’t studied one bit this year

1. Joshua Jones OT
1. Austin Jackson OT
1. Brandon Aiyuk WR
1. Patrick Queen LB
1. K. Murray LB
2. Lav Shenault WR
2. Jeremy Chinn S
2. Kvon Wallace S
2. Jalen Reagor WR
3. Adam Trautman TE
3. Michael Pittman WR
3. Davon Hamilton DT
4. Raekwon Davis DT
4. Thad Moss TE
4. Lamar Jackson CB
5. Anthony McFarland RB
5. Jon Runyon OG
6. Khalil Davis DT
6. A.J. Green CB
7. Colby Parkinson TE.
That makes you a front runner to win this thing

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You 2 may have just made him the "Willie Beavers' of this draft. Back in 2016 I think a lot of us had him on our Amish Draft Predictions.

This year it looks like one of the most common names on lists is ILB Troy Dye out of Oregon.
I’m proud to say I didn’t have the Beave.

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Frozen Takes beat you. He got two correct in the correct round.

I believe you are correct. I got Jordan Love 3 plus round 1. I got Vernon Scott 3 plus round 7. Sorry Gary, you got more players but I got the rounds correct. Hate the game not the player.

Congrats on getting 3 though, that’s super impressive! Between the two of us we got five of their nine picks!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Congrats to all the winners! Thank you Amish for going all out again and throwing such a lavish event! The entry package of goodies were both delicious and have been keeping my house warm.

Amish did notify me right before the draft that due to the COVID19 situation and Social distancing rules, he wasn't going to be able to distribute any of the normal prizes or throw the usual wild post draft barn building party this year. I believe those prizes will be added on to the Prize Package for the 106th Annual Event.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe you are correct. I got Jordan Love 3 plus round 1. I got Vernon Scott 3 plus round 7. Sorry Gary, you got more players but I got the rounds correct. Hate the game not the player.

Congrats on getting 3 though, that’s super impressive! Between the two of us we got five of their nine picks!

Ah shoot I missed that you had Scott! Nice work!

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I think I win.

I got Deguara, Runyan, and Garvin.
CONGRATS TO FROZENTAKES with 2 right in the right round! Love and Scott. Well done!

Shout out to GleefulGary with 3 correct names. That's not easy.

The Prize this year . . . . A 2 week all expenses paid tour of Wuhan China!!!! Sorry its nonrefundable and leaves tomorrow. Darn that travel ban!!

Kyrepper5. AJ Dillon 5th. - 3 pts
Ricflair. Runyan 4th. 3
Pack fax. AJD. 4th. 3
Frozentake. Love 1st
VScott 7th. 14pts
GleefulGary. Josiah 4
Runyan 5
Garvin 5. 9 pts
HRE. Josiah 7. 3
The Caribou. Love 1. 4
Dante. Runyan 5
Josiah 6. 6
Jetfixer. Runyan 5. 3
Favre<Rodgers runyan 5. 3
Croquet Martin 7. 3
Wimm. Scott 5. 3
DoURant. Josiah 7. 3

And none right 0 pts:

AmishMafia
Mondio
Toad1924
906fan
GBSlacker
FRFolik87
Thriller
PokerBrat
PkRJones
Elcid
PikeBadger
Poppason

Please let me know if I miss any.

So if I read this right, the participants of the Amish mock, combined, correctly picked 7 of the 9 picks the Packers took in the 2020 NFL Draft.... Jake Hanson and Simon Stepaniak are the only 2 guys nobody mocked.... I think that's actually pretty good, pretty cool everyone!

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

Congrats FrozenTakesInGB on your win...Vernon Scott in the 7th for 10 pts. and the win!! Damn!!

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if I read this right, the participants of the Amish mock, combined, correctly picked 7 of the 9 picks the Packers took in the 2020 NFL Draft.... Jake Hanson and Simon Stepaniak are the only 2 guys nobody mocked.... I think that's actually pretty good, pretty cool everyone!

I 100% agree with this. As much as people are bashing the Packers draft, this is quite insightful. We all watched the Packers last year. We all watched some college football games, film/highlights, read draft prospect vignettes.

After we did all that we selected guys that are “prototypical Packer players”. We collectively predicted 7 of our 9 picks. There is something to that in my opinion. When it boils down to it their picks made sense. You might not love what they did, but we pretty much identified almost all of the same players that they did as being great fits on this team. It’s gotta count for something!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
we pretty much identified almost all of the same players that they did as being great fits on this team. It’s gotta count for something!

There is no "me" in "We".

I was really good at identifying all of the Players that the Packers DIDN'T pick. Maybe I need to read the instructions better next year? :cautious: :x3: :poop:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CONGRATS TO FROZENTAKES with 2 right in the right round! Love and Scott. Well done!

Shout out to GleefulGary with 3 correct names. That's not easy.

The Prize this year . . . . A 2 week all expenses paid tour of Wuhan China!!!! Sorry its nonrefundable and leaves tomorrow. Darn that travel ban!!

Kyrepper5. AJ Dillon 5th. - 3 pts
Ricflair. Runyan 4th. 3
Pack fax. AJD. 4th. 3
Frozentake. Love 1st
VScott 7th. 14pts
GleefulGary. Josiah 4
Runyan 5
Garvin 5. 9 pts
HRE. Josiah 7. 3
The Caribou. Love 1. 4
Dante. Runyan 5
Josiah 6. 6
Jetfixer. Runyan 5. 3
Favre<Rodgers runyan 5. 3
Croquet Martin 7. 3
Wimm. Scott 5. 3
DoURant. Josiah 7. 3

And none right 0 pts:

AmishMafia
Mondio
Toad1924
906fan
GBSlacker
FRFolik87
Thriller
PokerBrat
PkRJones
Elcid
PikeBadger
Poppason

Please let me know if I miss any.
grats frozen.

Man, I was close. I had Runyan in the 6th on my older rankings.. took him off and put in DBS and RBs because packers kept interviewing higher ranked OLs.

Thanks Amish for the annual draft contest.

Latest posts