1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the 3 or 4 biggest reasons for loss imho

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gopkrs, Jan 17, 2016.

1. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Again this year, Capers had a good defensive plan only to blow it in the end. By not responding to the offense. Why did he not see that in the 3rd and 4th quarters Fitzgerald was killing us? or rather why did he do nothing different. We should have checked him at the line of scrimmage every play. But noone ever touched him except maybe once.
    2. We did pressure Palmer but did not get to him much. He had way too much time.
    3. I like Shields but he needs practice at catching the ball. I actually wonder if they practice that with DBs.
    4. Overly conservative play calling at times (too often for me). We would run up the middle when everyone in the stadium knew it was coming.
    We definitely had a chance. We played with a lot of heart.

2. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    Sam shields played wr at Miami I imagine the reason he was switched to defense is his poor hands considering a guy with his speed would be an asset to any offense

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Three sacks.. We dbl the amount of sacks they gave up per game

They gave up 25 all year..

4. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Yes, we had a couple of big sacks. But all game Palmer had too much time. I think that was a huge reason for the loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    That play in OT was an improvised ab lib type of play. Who would have thought that Palmer would have been able to make that play? Much less see Fitz wide open across his body across the field. That was one of those fluke plays nobody expects a stuck in molasses statue like Palmer to make.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378
    Sam Shields.

7. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    That was my problem with the pass rush. Palmer was able to buy time all night. And I give some credit to their OL for for their ability to move our pass rushers where they wanted us. But a negative to us for not dealing with it better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Shields isn't the only one. The DBs have all been dropping INTs all season. It's so frustrating and you have to wonder how much that's cost us.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1