the 3 or 4 biggest reasons for loss imho

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again this year, Capers had a good defensive plan only to blow it in the end. By not responding to the offense. Why did he not see that in the 3rd and 4th quarters Fitzgerald was killing us? or rather why did he do nothing different. We should have checked him at the line of scrimmage every play. But noone ever touched him except maybe once.
2. We did pressure Palmer but did not get to him much. He had way too much time.
3. I like Shields but he needs practice at catching the ball. I actually wonder if they practice that with DBs.
4. Overly conservative play calling at times (too often for me). We would run up the middle when everyone in the stadium knew it was coming.
We definitely had a chance. We played with a lot of heart.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam shields played wr at Miami I imagine the reason he was switched to defense is his poor hands considering a guy with his speed would be an asset to any offense

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Three sacks.. We dbl the amount of sacks they gave up per game

They gave up 25 all year..

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we had a couple of big sacks. But all game Palmer had too much time. I think that was a huge reason for the loss.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That play in OT was an improvised ab lib type of play. Who would have thought that Palmer would have been able to make that play? Much less see Fitz wide open across his body across the field. That was one of those fluke plays nobody expects a stuck in molasses statue like Palmer to make.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That play in OT was an improvised ab lib type of play. Who would have thought that Palmer would have been able to make that play? Much less see Fitz wide open across his body across the field. That was one of those fluke plays nobody expects a stuck in molasses statue like Palmer to make.
That was my problem with the pass rush. Palmer was able to buy time all night. And I give some credit to their OL for for their ability to move our pass rushers where they wanted us. But a negative to us for not dealing with it better.

Reaction score
3. I like Shields but he needs practice at catching the ball. I actually wonder if they practice that with DBs.
Shields isn't the only one. The DBs have all been dropping INTs all season. It's so frustrating and you have to wonder how much that's cost us.

Last edited: