The 2011 CROWIES

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who has crow to eat, and what variety will you be eating? Your nominees are:

-Ted Thompson's roster decisions (Marshawn Lynch, etc)

-Mike McCarthy's play calling/ game management

-Giving up on the season after the Lions game

The crow I will eat will be the McCarthy variety. I hated on his game management and play calling. The offense seems to be fluid and working well (at least in the first half). The Falcons game made me think we could actually step on someones throat, which we didn't really do against the Bears. I guess the optimistic view is that we could have blown the Bears out. I am starting to like McCarthy's red zone calls better now too. I feel like Starks has helped make that part of the game better. At this point, it has been a fun season to watch and hopefully continues one more week.

So what do you want to own up to?

OP
OP
Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just how beasty is James Starks, I mean goodness! During the season some of the fantasy football experts were getting all crazy about getting him on your fantasy roster. Which I thought was a little early considering pretty much all I had seen of him was on youtube videos (even though I was hoping to see him on Family Night). I have just been really impressed by how he can turn in some of the runs he does.

Which bring me to another point, that I pretty much screamed about this past offseason... You HAVE to have at least two rookies play like veterans. Sam Shields and Starks look like guys who have been playing in the NFL for at least a year or two. I'm really impressed by those two nuggets of Ted Thompson gold. GO PACK GO

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured Starks was only on the roster to be allowed to practice and to get back in to shape after missing last year. I was looking for him to play next season at the earliest unless there were another RB injury. I missed on this.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giving up on the season not after the Lions game but after finding out our first-round playoff matchup was against Philadelphia. That was something I couldn't see the Packers getting by - I could see them beating the Bears, Seahawks, even Falcons. Not winning in Philly. I thought we blew it by not getting the first-round bye. Maybe this is just what we needed.

OP
OP
Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giving up on the season not after the Lions game but after finding out our first-round playoff matchup was against Philadelphia. That was something I couldn't see the Packers getting by - I could see them beating the Bears, Seahawks, even Falcons. Not winning in Philly. I thought we blew it by not getting the first-round bye. Maybe this is just what we needed.

See if it was the Philly the week before they played the Bears, I would have felt the same way. The offensive line was sure awful down the stretch and Mike Vick turned into a different QB towards the end of the season. This was the game that scared me the most.

L

Lunchboxer

Ill eat the Lynch Crow.

But MM Playcalling was Dreadful at the 2nd Half. Our D bailed us out again.

OP
OP
Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill eat the Lynch Crow.

But MM Playcalling was Dreadful at the 2nd Half. Our D bailed us out again.

I thought it looked a lot like the games where we let teams and their fans back into it and give them momentum. The argument I will make for this game was Aaron was not himself after the INT to Urlacher. So at least the clock kept rolling when we ran it as often as we did. I hope that we continue to use Starks between the tackle instead of stringing it out because Pittsburgh's linebackers are as fast as Chicago's.