Terry McAulay is the Referee Sunday

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first impression of Terry McAulay's crew when announced has neutral. However, when I checked that was the officiating crew for the Redskin game, which was not good.

That could be a disadvantage. I seem to remember some questionable calls.

Officially, only 4 penalties for 35 yards were called on the Packers while 7 were called on the Redskins for 53 yards.

Can anyone refresh my memory on this officiating crew? This will only be the second game this season with that crew.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the article Heather provided. We had two touchdowns negated for questionable calls.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good news is that it's not Ed Hockule. that guy can't seem to just call the game and shut his mouth. Mr. OverExplantion.

"Holding, on the offensive Line. Number 72. the infraction occured during the play. the result is a 10 yard penalty and my long *** explanation. repeat second down.' Furthermore, he's never been a packer ref.

I don't know anything about the guy you listed. Hopefully it will be so cold that they won't be blowing whistles. that works the Al and Charles advantage.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first impression of Terry McAulay's crew when announced has neutral. However, when I checked that was the officiating crew for the Redskin game, which was not good.

That could be a disadvantage. I seem to remember some questionable calls.

Officially, only 4 penalties for 35 yards were called on the Packers while 7 were called on the Redskins for 53 yards.

Can anyone refresh my memory on this officiating crew? This will only be the second game this season with that crew.

Refereeing is the most thankless glamorless job in all sports. A referee makes 50% of the people happy at best.

BUT, having experienced the Cowboys/Packers debacle, which resulted in a 10 point loss for the Packers which was a direct result of seeral bad calls, it became apparent that these refs were on the take.

As long as there are referees like that out there, I trust no referee.

I hope that the corruption ends with that crew and am relieved that it is not them that will be refereeing the Packer/giant game.

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Redskins/Packers game was one of the worst ever. They even admitted after the game several errors had been made, costing the Packers two touchdowns.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me most about the refs is how are they going to interpret the holding and pass interference. It is no secret that the GB DBs play a tough aggressive style of pass coverage. I don't want to see their coverage negated by a bunch of cheap calls by the officials that move the ball 25-30 yards down field.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think the refs are advised to tone it down for the playoffs and try to let the teams play their game. We'll see...

Besides, it's not McAulay's regular crew.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that the conference championship games and the Super Bowl was supposed to be officiated by " all star " crews ( the highest rated officials during the season).

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that the conference championship games and the Super Bowl was supposed to be officiated by " all star " crews ( the highest rated officials during the season).

They are.

From Heathie's post "Pair pulled from practice early".

On Sunday, McAuley will be working with a different crew, an all-star crew that is comprised of officials that were ranked in the top three at their positions.

Heathie's post

Members online

Latest posts