Tentative Itinerary for the Dec. 9th Lions Game

apham8311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to run by the locals what 4 Georgia boys are looking to do when we come to Green Bay for the first time. We will arrive around 2:00 local time on Saturday. After checking in to the Cambria, we think we will go do the tourist thing and eat an early dinner at Curly's to get some pics from around Lambeau. From there we figure we will barhop the rest of the evening over near the hotel. Stadium View, Anduzzi's, Champions, etc.

Sunday we want to eat at Kroll's since it is a night game. Hit that for lunch and then maybe get a few drinks at Curly's again. We are booked for the Tailgate Party at Brett Favres before the game but it wont start until about 4. I have heard conflicting things about this party. Regardless, we will go and eat and if we want we will leave and head to Curly's. After the game, a little bar hopping along the way again and flying back south on Monday morning.

How does this sound for a bunch of newbies? Any other bars in that area you would suggest or eateries to hit instead of the ones I mentioned? Any help is appreciated. We are very excited about the trip. Thanks.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to run by the locals what 4 Georgia boys are looking to do when we come to Green Bay for the first time. We will arrive around 2:00 local time on Saturday. After checking in to the Cambria, we think we will go do the tourist thing and eat an early dinner at Curly's to get some pics from around Lambeau. From there we figure we will barhop the rest of the evening over near the hotel. Stadium View, Anduzzi's, Champions, etc.

Sunday we want to eat at Kroll's since it is a night game. Hit that for lunch and then maybe get a few drinks at Curly's again. We are booked for the Tailgate Party at Brett Favres before the game but it wont start until about 4. I have heard conflicting things about this party. Regardless, we will go and eat and if we want we will leave and head to Curly's. After the game, a little bar hopping along the way again and flying back south on Monday morning.

How does this sound for a bunch of newbies? Any other bars in that area you would suggest or eateries to hit instead of the ones I mentioned? Any help is appreciated. We are very excited about the trip. Thanks.

I will be at that game as well...if you want some good tailgaiting stop by sidelines sports bar its right next to krolls. My buddies have 2 42" flat screens where we have the games pklaying or get a madden tourny going. We usually have about 12-15 cases of beer a full bar and a lot of food. Beer pong and flip cup is also a must.

Also saturday night will be a prime time to go to stadium view it will be packed and its always fun drinking some towers. They also have some good eats espically there brats.

anything else you want to know feel free to ask.

OP
OP
apham8311

apham8311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be at that game as well...if you want some good tailgaiting stop by sidelines sports bar its right next to krolls. My buddies have 2 42" flat screens where we have the games pklaying or get a madden tourny going. We usually have about 12-15 cases of beer a full bar and a lot of food. Beer pong and flip cup is also a must.

Also saturday night will be a prime time to go to stadium view it will be packed and its always fun drinking some towers. They also have some good eats espically there brats.

anything else you want to know feel free to ask.
Sounds Awesome. We are really looking forward to the experience as a bunch of Southerners. See yall in about 10 weeks. But who is counting?

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
LOL. One of the guys coming with me wants to go no shirt too. He is a former army ranger so i dont question him.

Dec 7th might be cold but our weather is warm here now 50's-60's day time and 30's-40's at night but by that time I fully expect it to be in the teens in temp last time I did no shirt it was about 6 degrees with wind chill.

OP
OP
apham8311

apham8311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dec 7th might be cold but our weather is warm here now 50's-60's day time and 30's-40's at night but by that time I fully expect it to be in the teens in temp last time I did no shirt it was about 6 degrees with wind chill.
I actually did a little research just to get an idea. The last 5 years on that date in Green Bay the highest recorded temp was like mid 30s and the lowest temp was 10 I think. We picked that game because we want the full experience. Ideally the game on week 17 would have been our choice but they are at Minnesota then. We would not have had to take a day off from work then either. As it is now, we are taking off Monday. Probably a very good thing too. We will definitely look you guys up at Krolls.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I actually did a little research just to get an idea. The last 5 years on that date in Green Bay the highest recorded temp was like mid 30s and the lowest temp was 10 I think. We picked that game because we want the full experience. Ideally the game on week 17 would have been our choice but they are at Minnesota then. We would not have had to take a day off from work then either. As it is now, we are taking off Monday. Probably a very good thing too. We will definitely look you guys up at Krolls.

I have a feeling its going to be a cold winter this year. Ya and just message me on here during the game and I can let you know where to go pretty much all you do is walk out of krolls lambeau will be in front of you then turn left walk across the street you will see a gas station and sidelines is right behind that were usually right on the side by the smoking area of the bar.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol I cant wait for this game deffinatly going no shirt for this one!!!
I don't mean to hijack your fun thread but I had to ask since it came up...

Can the "No-Shirt-In-A-Cold-Football-Stadium-Elements-Be-Damned" be explained for those of us who are warm in our homes watching it on TV?
Are you just so drunk that you don't feel the cold?
Trying to prove something? Get on TV?
What is it all about?
And do you wear anything and stay warm and take the shirt off every so often or topless from kick off to final?
I ain't gonna judge ya. I've always wondered what it's about.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack your fun thread but I had to ask since it came up...

Can the "No-Shirt-In-A-Cold-Football-Stadium-Elements-Be-Damned" be explained for those of us who are warm in our homes watching it on TV?
Are you just so drunk that you don't feel the cold?
Trying to prove something? Get on TV?
What is it all about?
And do you wear anything and stay warm and take the shirt off every so often or topless from kick off to final?
I ain't gonna judge ya. I've always wondered what it's about.

I just think its fun lol but yes i do have a lot of beers in me and I go no shirt walking into the stadium and dont put one on until i get back to the car. Its just one of those things that you have to try once I have done it every year for the past 5-6 years so i guess its tradition now lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think its fun lol but yes i do have a lot of beers in me and I go no shirt walking into the stadium and dont put one on until i get back to the car. Its just one of those things that you have to try once I have done it every year for the past 5-6 years so i guess its tradition now lol
Thank you.
I appreciate the response and candor.
May you have a good time at whatever game(s) you go to.

Maybe one cold winter day after getting some drinks in me I'll just step outside shirtless and see what it's like.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Thank you.
I appreciate the response and candor.
May you have a good time at whatever game(s) you go to.

Maybe one cold winter day after getting some drinks in me I'll just step outside shirtless and see what it's like.

lol its different at a packer game people around you keep you kind of warm plus people think your nuts and buy you beers...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol its different at a packer game people around you keep you kind of warm plus people think your nuts and buy you beers...
Yeah. I just wanna see if I could notice a difference.
But if folks will buy me beers then perhaps I'll try it in a bar with the Packers game on. LOL J/K

MadEnglishman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello guys, is it ok if i hi-jack this thread as well? I'm flying into town from the UK for the Lions game as well and I will only be in Green Bay for 36 hours. Arriving Saturday night, flying back Monday morning. Will be going to Hall of Fame and Pro Shop but is there one thing that I absolutely MUST DO on Game Day?

OP
OP
apham8311

apham8311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like temps will be about 32 at game time. decent chance of precipitation probably of the frozen variety. God I hope so

ro.ke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Guys!!!! Sooooo My Lovely wife surprised me with 2 tickets to the Pack vs Lions game on SNF. We are flying in on Friday night and leaving on Monday morninr. My wife and I are ready for BeerFests and any tailgating there might be. We are from San Diego CA, long time Packer fan and VERY STOKED in going to Lambeau Field for the first time!!!!

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's supposed to be some heavy snow around game time (beginning this afternoon). I left GB yesterday t0 av0id being snowed in. Hopefully you get to see it! Hopefully it also doesn't cause you to become stranded.

(Now watch there hardly be any snow at all)

Members online

Latest posts