1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Television coverage for the packers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerbacker04, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I get all Lion games but cant get the Packers. It annoys me but I hear direct tv is expensive or the nfl package or whatever you call it. I remember I drove to Ohio cause my buddy got the Packer 49er game there and thats the game we won 30-19. You guys have this problem if you dont live in Wisconsin. Man I wish I lived in cheesehead land. I hear in the U.P. of Michigan you get all Packer games too. What about the Chicago area or Iowa or Minnesota?

2. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True fans pony up for Directv's raperates.

Just kidding, the price is ridiculous. I got the introductory price of 75/month with full programming for 4 months. It sucks, but I barely survived last season with no Packers on TV.

3. vechenzo

vechenzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    my problem with the nfl ticket through direct tv is that i dont get the local channels which will block out half the packer games... so without it i get half the packer games on local tv, with it i get half the packers games for a ridiculous amount of money. I really dont understand why cable tv never has any football packages, they have the baseball extra innings package, the hockey center ice package, the basketball courtside whatever package, and nascar, but no football. My cable company is even too cheap to get the NFL network. I just dont understand why it is so hard to get more football games.

4. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My cable company doesn't have NFL Network either, and they are not going to pick up the Big Ten Network either. I mean, come on. How can you be a cable company in Iowa and not pick up the Big Ten Network? Ridiculous.

I never know if I'm going to be able to see a Packer game until it's suppose to be on. If the Packers are playing an AFC team and the game is suppose to be on CBS, they will definitely show the game. But if it's on FOX and the Rams are playing at the same time, Fox will usually show the Rams instead. I mean, really, who cares about the Rams? Haha! In fact, FOX showed a 49ers game once instead of the Packers game.

5. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I'm not sure what you're talking about man. I'll pretty much be able to watch every packers game, or ANY NFL game for that matter with the sunday ticket and superfan unless there is a black out.

6. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in San Jose. Just Niners and Raiders all the time.

But seriously, if the Packers would be a good team, they'd be on more often.

7. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just over the border into IL.
    Even back in the "Glorious Ninties", I could not see all the Packer games.
    I was really frustrated. the NFL would put the Bears and Packers into the AFC stadiums or at home vs the AFC same week. They had the same bye week. Or worse yet if GB had the Monday night game that is the week that the Bears would be on CBS or on the west coast with a 3 pm game.

In the last weeks of the season the local Fox channel would have to send a speacial request to Fox and the NFL showing them all the requests from local fans to carry the Packer game instead of the 4-9 Bears' game. Even then we would only get the 12-3 Packer game about half of the time.

It would seem to me that the NFL would have a higher viewership if in areas with common divisional teams they rebroadcast the "other" game at 3 pm that was not aired earlier along with the featured 3 pm game on the other network.

In IL and MN the could replay the Packer games.
    Philly, Wash and the Giants areas overlap.
    Ohio and KY have Cin, Clev, Pitt and IND interests.
    Buffalo and NE overlap. And so on.

8. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In Minnesota we got the Packers games most of time, unless they played the same time as the Vikings, then the Vikings games were on.

9. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Regardless of how expensive it is (it's only like 4 payments of $70), if you're an NFL fan, a Sat. Dish such as direct TV with a Sunday Ticket and a DVR is KEY for NFL fans. I'm able to record almost any game I wanna watch and watch it at my convenience. It's worth it to me.

10. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry with 2 kids in college I am more a fan of "get them out on their own and with as little debt as possible" fan.

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    The thing is, if you live around Wisconsin (Minnesota, North Dakota, etc...), many of the Packers games will be on Fox's regular cable lineup, and if they are, they are blacked out from DirecTV coverage. so a good number of Packers games get blacked out on direcTV. I assume you don't experience this because in north carolina, the packers are WAY out of market. my mom and dad live in North Dakota and pay for cable and direcTV because of this, and my poor *** has to watch all the games at the bar.

12. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I sucked it up and got DirecTV last week primarily due to Fox Midwest Alternate(Brewers Games) on the basic package; NFL Network(Packers/Cowboys plus all pre season games) on the basic package; Big Ten network(Badgers football and basketball) on the basic package; and, NFL Sunday ticket(at a $ 75 discount after not taking the 4 receiver option, only 2 and alot of negotiating). My cable company offered none of these choices and the price was comparable(roughly $10 more a month for dish - save the cost of the NFL Sunday ticket) :thumbsup:

13. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I have lived all over the country and would always find a packer bar near where I lived. It was more fun than sitting home by myself. Costs less than NFL Ticket too!

14. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to LOVE my NFL Sunday Ticket. But when we upgraded the dish to get the local channels, they had to move the satellite a bit, and it went right into the trees. Rainfade all year almost. So I had to go back to cable and settle for listening to all Packer games on Sirius NFL Radio. BUMMER!!!!

15. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Supposedly our cable company is getting the Big Ten Network, but they are now reconsidering because they've gotten complaints from the people who are Northern Iowa fans, because they don't want to pay the $1 extra on the bill. Frickin' Panther fans. Haha.

We are on the verge of switching to DirecTV. The price is good, and I hate Mediacom, so it all works out in the end! Haha!

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    my problem is that i live in an apartment building that does not allow satelite dishes.

17. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    oh, and did i mention that i'm also poor?

18. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

haha depends on how much of a drunk you are i guess.... for me getting two NFL Sunday Tickets might be cheaper than a couple sundays at the bar.

19. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    word

20. jlvideo

jlvideo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in northern mn and we get the packers pre-season games on our fox-21 and then when vikings play packers we get them as well. I wish we could get their games on here. I was hoping to find someone in mil or green bay area to tape their games i don't get like the season opener vs the eagles. i have not heard from anyone. If anyone want to feel free to email me,Jack (jl_video@yahoo.com)

21. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is one of the few times it's better to live in Canada. I pay $29.95 a month (minimum 4 month commitment) and get every NFL game (no blackouts up north), all NCAA football and basketball games on espn (and possilby the Big Ten Network this year) the MLB package and NBA League Pass (who cares). All of this is through digital cable and doesn't require a dish.

22. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats sweet. I don't think there is a cable company down here that has any of those. It's all on Dish or DirecTV. That's why I think we're going to switch.

23. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey TOPackerFan, what company are you with? And what package is that? I've checked for Sunday Ticket before, nevermind all the other stuff you have there, and it was listed I think at $40 per month through Shaw.

24. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rogers Cable. If I remember correctly, the NFL package alone was a lot more than the sports package is in Ontario.

I'm surprised you couldn't get the game yesterday. I watched it on Q13 (Seattle Fox affiliate) in Toronto yesterday as it has a better picture than the Fox affiliate from Buffalo.