Teddy and Mikey screwed us again!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Go through the posts, I've complained about starting and backup center (was shot down) back up QB (Shot down again) and other things.
Yes "other things" like the idea of cutting Morgan Burnett and not starting Brad Jones because if he starts he can't be a backup.
TT is not brilliant and MM is a poster child for "it's better to be lucky than good."
Check Thompson and McCarthy's record. Compare it to other GMs and HCs in the league over the same period of time. Maybe not brilliant, but certainly not incompetent or lucky. BTW, how lucky do you think they've been regarding injuries?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

to answer your earlier question "Whatthehell" WE are not the one perpetually *****ING pal, you are :tup:

Reaction score
Listen guys - I thought long and hard about this and my conclusion is that we need to nuke the team - can everybody and put fans like me in charge....

Since that plan worked so well for the Pack in the 70s/80s.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Listen guys - I thought long and hard about this and my conclusion is that we need to nuke the team - can everybody and put fans like me in charge....

Since that plan worked so well for the Pack in the 70s/80s.

You wouldn't need to nuke the team. Just push them over. Most would get injured, go on IR and end their careers on freak neck injuries.

Except for Hawk. Even after a nuke, he would still be standing.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I know what 99% of the people who read this and respond to are gonna say to this 'well we won the Superbowl with them' HELLO that was 3 years ago, this is a what have you done for me LATELY league!

Let's start with Ted: Gets rid of Vince Young, and Harrell, brings in Senecca Wallace and Scott Tolzien. Harrell would've not had 3 or 4 of the sacks that Wallace AND Rodgers took tonight. Harrell throws the ball away when there's nothing there! Young would've kept the offense going, and been able to throw more than Wallace did tonight! I put 50% of this loss on TED for not making sure we went into this season with a quality back up!

Now onto McCarthy: He puts his QBs through QB school. Neither Aaron nor Senecca is smart enough to THROW THE BALL AWAY when there's nothing there! Aaron got hurt by being stupid, and Senecca took at least 3 sacks by not throwing the ball away tonight! Another reason for the loss! 50% of the blame goes to Mike!

And for the apologists who cry '9 minute drive' yeah that didn't help, but the other stuff went wrong to PUT the D in that situation! Tonight is on Ted and Mike, these 2 are why we haven't won a playoff game since 2010. These guys are why we can't beat Frisco, who we'll have to meet in the playoffs this year! I saw Mark and especially the stockholders need to stand up and clean house! Get it done! This team needs to be fixed YESTERDAY!

For those that don't agree with me, don't read it, don't respond, because I'M RIGHT!

Oh boy, where do I even start?

1) I guess we should fire the other 29 GM's who haven't won a SB since TT. After all, it's what have you done for me lately, right?

2) Get's rid of Vince Young and Harrell. Wow. You know that a guy is just going to complain when he's championing for the unemployed Graham Harrell. When we had Harrell as our backup, people were screaming why we didn't go sign a veteran backup like Seneca Wallace. TT just can't win with fans like you. And VY? He had many chances to "keep the offense going" in pre-season and could not.

3) Yeah, Aaron is "stupid". Get over it, dude. It was a freak play. QB's get hit every game. You're complaining about a QB not throwing the ball away who almost never throws into coverage.

4) The D was "put" in that situation because they failed to get off the field on 3rd and 4th down. They had chances to make stops, missed tackles, had an opportunity to get the ball back in Bears territory with a big 4th and 1 stop and could not. Seneca obviously needs to play better, but you're just searching for excuses.

5) We won a playoff game last year. But I don't expect you to concern yourself with silly things like reason, logic, and facts.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those that don't agree with me, don't read it, don't respond, because I'M RIGHT!

LOL, that is YOUR opinion. We have been beyond spoiled for about 20 years, in terms of QB stability and health. The amount of luck involved there, is ridiculous. Our two starting QB's have missed a grand total of TWO starts, since week three of 1992. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened, regardless of who the GM and head coach are. YOU do not do player acquisition, analysis, or scouting for a living. Neither do I, or any of the rest of us around here. I also responded, because YOU have no say in who participates in this forum. You dig?

I

I`m genuinely surprised somebody hasn`t started a fire Barclay thread for ALLOWING the tackle on Rodgers :confused:.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I`m genuinely surprised somebody hasn`t started a fire Barclay thread for ALLOWING the tackle on Rodgers :confused:.

When Sherrod broke his leg, we had someone blame the guard next to Sherrod for the break..

Wonder why he hasnt blamed Barclay yet?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
When Sherrod broke his leg, we had someone blame the guard next to Sherrod for the break..

Wonder why he hasnt blamed Barclay yet?

I blame Barclay's mother for having him, which resulted in him growing up to be available to play for the Packers and miss that block that allowed Rodgers to get hurt.

Actually, I blame Rodgers collar bone. It was what broke. Damned bone.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Originally whined by Buggy: "thank you for the old rating ;)"

Re-whined by 13 : "Thank you for the disagree rating. ;)

All right you two...don't make me put on opposite ends of the internet. ;)

I

Originally whined by Buggy: "thank you for the old rating ;)"

Re-whined by 13 : "Thank you for the disagree rating. ;)

All right you two...don't make me put on opposite ends of the internet. ;)

I never whined.....lol, I merely said. I hold no grudge, and I hope 13 doesn`t either :eek:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I never whined.....lol, I merely said. I hold no grudge, and I hope 13 doesn`t either :eek:

I love you guys. You're ok in my book. All right ... now that we've all kissed and made up .... let's set out on our quest for world domination, shall we? :)

Damn, it is cold and windy this morning -- not as windy as yesterday, but son of a gun it's cold.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

I read that this morning and couldn't help but think to myself that Mike Florio has the world by the @ss.... his view from up on the mountaintop (as the smartest kid in the world [apologies to the Mac 'n' cheese commercials]) gets a little tiring. Sports writers (read: failed lawyers) with the benefit of 20-20 hindsight who just keep hammering on "the obvious angle" just irritate the living crap out of me -- sorta like a really bad laxative.

Anyway....he's the guy who's made millions on a blog purchased by NBCSports ... more power to him, I guess. His partner, John David Smith, or something similar are starting to remind me of the two clowns on the TV show that sit and argue just for the sake of arguing...can't remember the REAL bonehead's name, but the other is Stephen A Smith (or Jones... phft...)

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I know what 99% of the people who read this and respond to are gonna say to this 'well we won the Superbowl with them' HELLO that was 3 years ago, this is a what have you done for me LATELY league!

Let's start with Ted: Gets rid of Vince Young, and Harrell, brings in Senecca Wallace and Scott Tolzien. Harrell would've not had 3 or 4 of the sacks that Wallace AND Rodgers took tonight. Harrell throws the ball away when there's nothing there! Young would've kept the offense going, and been able to throw more than Wallace did tonight! I put 50% of this loss on TED for not making sure we went into this season with a quality back up!

Now onto McCarthy: He puts his QBs through QB school. Neither Aaron nor Senecca is smart enough to THROW THE BALL AWAY when there's nothing there! Aaron got hurt by being stupid, and Senecca took at least 3 sacks by not throwing the ball away tonight! Another reason for the loss! 50% of the blame goes to Mike!

And for the apologists who cry '9 minute drive' yeah that didn't help, but the other stuff went wrong to PUT the D in that situation! Tonight is on Ted and Mike, these 2 are why we haven't won a playoff game since 2010. These guys are why we can't beat Frisco, who we'll have to meet in the playoffs this year! I saw Mark and especially the stockholders need to stand up and clean house! Get it done! This team needs to be fixed YESTERDAY!

Bwwwahhhhaaaa!!!! You mean the great Vince Young who was 14/30 with two fumbles in the preseason against the chiefs? The guy that no one has wanted on their team for what, two years now? There's something about people who say "Hey, I know that name, I've heard that name, that must mean he's good!" like they're trading football cards or something. Grow up buddy.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Bwwwahhhhaaaa!!!! You mean the great Vince Young who was 14/30 with two fumbles in the preseason against the chiefs? The guy that no one has wanted on their team for what, two years now? There's something about people who say "Hey, I know that name, I've heard that name, that must mean he's good!" like they're trading football cards or something. Grow up buddy.
So if we heard the name and know the name, they can't be good?

I

I love you guys. You're ok in my book. All right ... now that we've all kissed and made up .... let's set out on our quest for world domination, shall we? :)

Damn, it is cold and windy this morning -- not as windy as yesterday, but son of a gun it's cold.

Your comments do make me laugh :laugh:. I`ve been to our rememberance day service in the city today, and it was as cold as a penguins diddly bits. Winter draws on as they say !!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone else a little concerned buggybill2003 knows the temperature of the "diddly bits" ( :) ) of penguins (in any conditions)? Double security at the zoos!

Members online