1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Teddy and Mikey screwed us again!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by profile_removed, Nov 4, 2013.

1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Attrition is a bitch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,855
    Wow! Love how the old trolls return at any sign of Packer weakness! Bwahahaha!

Enjoy the stumble now, because the Packers are in for a great season.

Vince Young? If he is so great, how come none of the other 31 teams gave him a call?

Every post you make you bag on TT. Why should you be shocked if someone does it to you? Why the TT hatred? Did he spurn your advances?

By smoke and mirrors do you mean one of the NFLs deepest, most talented, and successful teams? Its all a disguise to cover our flaws!

Bwhahahha. I think this thread is going to be pulled back up towards the end of the season.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I would have liked to see Thompson do a few other things but much of it is hindsight. I don't know that any GM could have foretold the injury problems the Packers have suffered. One thing for sure is that it is what it is and we as fans will just have to grit our teeth and hope for the best.

4. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Yes Amish Mafia I mean a team without a backup quarterback...THAT team

5. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,855
    Ohhhhh, that team. Tough to keep straight because 27 other teams have a big step down from starter to 2nd string QB as well. Got news for you - we are also weak at 5th string OLB, 6th and 7th string WR, and 4th string TE. I wonder if you complained last year about our back up? Or you just wait till it comes up? How about our 4th string OT? Our 2nd string FB? Our 2nd string kicker and punter? What about our backup long snapper? At center? You just waiting for injuries there to expose TT as a fraud? Or do you want to clue us in now? Probably best to wait for something to happen before you jump in and show us all how much smarter you are than TT.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    Go through the posts, I've complained about starting and backup center (was shot down) back up QB (Shot down again) and other things.

7. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
    If only every NFL team would be blessed to have a GM as skilled as you. All teams would currently be undefeated!!! ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,071
    Shot down ? doesn't that tell you something ? A lot of people obviously disagree with your opinion !

9. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    And he would have been a better #2 QB

10. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    Rumored he wanted more than minimum wage

11. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,855
    Not that interested in your content. Backup center? That hasn't been an issue, now has it? So it would be stupid to invest another million or so there, now wouldn't it?

The point is, all of this is a big gamble. TT could have gone and gotten Alex Smith at $5M per year to back up Rodgers in the event that Rodgers goes down. But that would be $5M he couldn't spend to sign Raji, Shields, Jones, Finley, etc. this coming year. Would it be nice to have a great backup QB? Yes. Is it worth the risk for your team in the long run? No. And to sit here now and say it was is real easy with the benefit of hindsight. And frankly, if Rodgers misses 3 more games, I still think it may not have been worth it in the long run.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,855
    He was already signed by the Packers. I doubt it was a money issue. None of us saw all the practices Young participated in. None of us saw him in the classroom. None of us knows how he was interacting with the rest of the team and the coaching staff. All we know is that TT and the coaching staff felt that Seneca Wallace was a better option at backup QB. Where they right? We will never know.

13. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    Feelings nothing more than Feelings (just a little satire) don't let it bug you, keep posting

14. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    wallace forgot they added him to team when he came in to play( or something like that)

15. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    Well the next 3 games will tell the story, haven't heard much Capers bashing

16. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    ok what is it do you disagree on? only want your opinion on that

17. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    It's early.

18. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    In 2010 and 15-1 we had Rodgers for all but 3 games. Twice with a concussion (and we lost two straight to the Lions and Partiots) and once in week 17 where he sat out. There is no answer when you lose a QB like Aaron Rodgers and you already have a roster full of injuries. We aren't stacked like the 07'-08' Patriots.

19. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Hey mods, why don't we have a "stupid" button? I suppose too mean in today's society. How about a "no clue" and/or a "azzpipe" button.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I would cool off on this, you can't expect Seneca Wallace to come off the bench and have a rapport with the whole offense. I doubt he threw to any of the starters the entire season. Give him this Eagles game to properly judge him, remember when Matt Flynn couldn't beat drew Stanton and the lions when Rodgers was knocked out, we couldn't out score the 10 points the lions put up, then the following week the guy blows up and goes score for score against Brady, McCarthy is an offensive guru, specialty in QBs, he has a running game, good special teams, and a short week...he has a lotta work to do, but of all coaches that can weather a storm like this, I believe he can...would not shock me if Seneca puts up 3 or more scores this week...we got it easy we just sit back n watch

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  21. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I would cool off on this, you can't expect Seneca Wallace to come off the bench and have a rapport with the whole offense. I doubt he threw to any of the starters the entire season. Give him this Eagles game to properly judge him, remember when Matt Flynn couldn't beat drew Stanton and the lions when Rodgers was knocked out, we couldn't out score the 10 points the lions put up, then the following week the guy blows up and goes score for score against Brady, McCarthy is an offensive guru, specialty in QBs, he has a running game, good special teams, and a short week...he has a lotta work to do, but of all coaches that can weather a storm like this, I believe he can...would not shock me if Seneca puts up 3 or more scores this week...we got it easy we just sit back n watch

22. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,071
    Has there been ANYTHING positive you have ACTUALLY said ?. Just a thought but have you tried following another team ? I can`t help but feel you`d be happier :tup:

23. hanskristoffkarl

hanskristoffkarl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    TT is not brilliant and MM is a poster child for "it's better to be lucky than good." Cutting Harrell and Young and replacing them with Wallace and Tolzien was an INCOMPETENT move. And I guarantee TT would have CUT James Starks if DuJuan Harris had not been hurt.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  24. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
    Bill, if "Whatthellisgoingonhere" was to actually start to like the Packers organization and current management team, then he would have to change his login name to something else.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    I've been a Packer fan since '81. If you two would rather root for a team with problems might I suggest the Jaguars?