Ted Drafting in the Trenches

D

Deleted member 6794

You, me and any other poster on this forum could get more than 5 out of 33 right on the O and D Line. That's what this post is about, O and D Line, not overall

Thompson got more than five out of the 33 picks mentioned in this thread. All of the current starters on the offensive line have been drafted by TT (four of them in the fourth and fifth round). In addition Tretter seems to be capable of turning into a reliable backup and Colledge, Spitz and Giacomini have been solid OL.

On the defensive line Daniels, Jolly (not the GMs fault he was addicted to codeine) and Raji (it's his and the coaches job to keep him motivated) have been good picks. Neal has been a solid contributor and I haven't given up on Datone and Boyd by now.

The Packers only picked five of the 33 guys in the first round and 10 in the top 100. It's unrealistic to expect a GM to hit on every pick later in the draft.

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson got more than five out of the 33 picks mentioned in this thread. All of the current starters on the offensive line have been drafted by TT (four of them in the fourth and fifth round). In addition Tretter seems to be capable of turning into a reliable backup and Colledge, Spitz and Giacomini have been solid OL.

On the defensive line Daniels, Jolly (not the GMs fault he was addicted to codeine) and Raji (it's his and the coaches job to keep him motivated) have been good picks. Neal has been a solid contributor and I haven't given up on Datone and Boyd by now.

The Packers only picked five of the 33 guys in the first round and 10 in the top 100. It's unrealistic to expect a GM to hit on every pick later in the draft.

I never get this mentality some people have that players are either all-pro quality or they suck. There are a whole lot of levels of quality between elite and suck that are still good or useful players. If a 6th rounder started a few games for you and was otherwise a rotational guy and not a complete liability that was a pretty successful pick. heck if a 6th makes your active roster it was a successful pick.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never get this mentality some people have that players are either all-pro quality or they suck. There are a whole lot of levels of quality between elite and suck that are still good or useful players. If a 6th rounder started a few games for you and was otherwise a rotational guy and not a complete liability that was a pretty successful pick. heck if a 6th makes your active roster it was a successful pick.

That's true. However, if you have a bunch of "successful" 6th rounders starting on the defense, the team's defense is still going to be awful. The team needs to have successful high round picks to actually make an impact.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw it, why worry about the draft, just trade the 30th pick to the Jets for Wilkerson. Boom. You just got a young, pro bowl dlineman. Heck, throw in a third if you have to.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's built a very good line including one of the best guards in the league, a steal at LT and rookie who was already a top ten center.

Completely false he hasn't done well on the offensive line.
Yeah I mean say the names Bulaga, Lang, Bakhtiari, Linsley, Sitton. All TT picks. All starters and some incredible value with Bakhtiari and Linsley. Crazy to say TT has done a bad job with the O line. D line? Different story.

Members online

Latest posts