Team record next year

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come so many of you are saying they will win less games this season? Thats insane. A second year in the 3-4, the defense will be just mean. Harris is coming back. Raji will be improving. Matthews will be all over the QB's again. It's going to be beautiful.

1. If Favre doesn't come back, and I don't think he will. Green Bay takes both games. Favre got his @$$ whipped hard by the Saints. I bet Deanna is still nursing his wounds.

2. The Bears front office is absolutely stupid. Ooooh Julius Peppers. They paid a truckload of money for a guy who is overrated. Speed rushers lose a step or two in their 30's and the Bears have no one else on their line who needs to be double teamed. Kampman had to deal with that a lot here a few years ago and Peppers doesn't have his heart or motor. Their best pickup was either Taylor or Manumaleuna. Taylor worked well in the MN system but IDK about the Bears and he is 30 or 31 now. Also the whole Mike Martz new wide open offense. Cutler's best receiver is still hardley taller than an umpa lumpa and has stone hands. The Pack takes both games.

3. Lions-whatever pack takes both games.

4. I don't see any of the home games an issue except for maybe Dallas and that can also hinge on the weather. Besides Romo is a choke artist and they lost one of their best offensive lineman in Adams. The Pack may drop that game.

5. I only see issues with 2 of the away games. The Redskins have had a decent defense for a while. Now with McNabb and some serious running back pickups they may be really tough, they might not. Shanahan is a good coach though so I wouldn't be suprised if we ended up losing this one although I think the Pack should beat em. Now the Jets on the other hand, wow. Their defense is going to be nasty this year. They also have a another year with Sanchez to progress. This one could go either way as well. Atlanta could be tough too.

6. As for oopsies. The Pack does lay an occasional egg. Then they regroup and stomp all comers for the rest of the year. I think it will either be by a few points to either the Bears/Vikings or they will get burned by Washington/Atlanta.

Overall I really think the Pack should and will go 13-3 and take the division. Hopefully the NFC East is tight, if so, GB gets home field throughout. Tasty.

If we had younger book ends on the O-line, traded away AJ Hawk and gotten a true ILB to complement Barrnet, and had solid special teams units then I would agree with you.

I am a true fan, but If I look at the team honestly, we may go 10-6, with a outside chance of 9-7.

Against 2 teams last year we gave up 500 yards, and the O-line is a question mark with health concerns which will take us right back to our sack problems or severely limit what A-rod can do. And we have the same special teams coaches that put the Pack at the bottom of the league

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerRS- I agree with you in that there isn't a lot to be scared of on our schedule. Yet I don't understand how you think the Pack won't be as good.

Our o-line is a bit more sorted out, not completely but they are all returning, and Tausher/Clifton are now further removed from their injuries.

This will/should make our running game a bit better, which in turn should make our passing game better.

Almost all of our defensive studs are returning. I had nothing but love for Kampman but he had no shot once we switched systems and I hope he rocks in Jacksonville. Another year under the 3-4 will give the defense that much more ability and confidence in the system. Look how they played in the first 3 or 4 weeks of the season compared to the last half.

I know I am biased because I feel the Pack should do well every year, but I am really excited about this season, more excited than I have been in a while. I honestly don't think there are many teams in the NFC that can field the same talent that the Packers can.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerRS- I agree with you in that there isn't a lot to be scared of on our schedule. Yet I don't understand how you think the Pack won't be as good.

Our o-line is a bit more sorted out, not completely but they are all returning, and Tausher/Clifton are now further removed from their injuries.

This will/should make our running game a bit better, which in turn should make our passing game better.

Almost all of our defensive studs are returning. I had nothing but love for Kampman but he had no shot once we switched systems and I hope he rocks in Jacksonville. Another year under the 3-4 will give the defense that much more ability and confidence in the system. Look how they played in the first 3 or 4 weeks of the season compared to the last half.

I know I am biased because I feel the Pack should do well every year, but I am really excited about this season, more excited than I have been in a while. I honestly don't think there are many teams in the NFC that can field the same talent that the Packers can.

Our tackles will not hold up all season. That should scare everyone.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm also excited, but I'm not predicting greatness unless they prove they can deliver it.

Talent, like I said, IMHO they have more than almost everybody in the league.

But they need to play like it. They didn't in several games last year, specially in the playoffs. You go to such a decisive game, with such a good D rep, with such a good turnover rep, and you perform like that?

They need to prove it. Once they do, once I see the mean streak, the will against good teams, then I'm on board.

Of course, never put in question my fanhood. I'll be cheering no matter what. But cheering and believing are different things...

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some things to factor are when these games are scheduled. If we are playing in NE on Monday Night in december, as opposed to a sept. afternoon, that's a big difference. Same can be said about Chicago, NYJ or Philly. If I had to put money down, I'd say 12-4, mostly because I'm an optimist, and regardless of what the defense does, our offense should be up there with New Orleans'.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both tackles are another year removed from surgery. Full participants in the offseason strength and conditioning program. Besides, another year means those young guys will be better. I think they will come out hungry this year. Woodson, Harris, Tauscher, Clifton don't have many more seasons to get rings.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say 13-3.

I'm banking on Favre to fall on his face, AP to continue his fumbling issues...Bears still lacking chemistry and a decent WR, Stafford still struggling...and of course if we get our oline issues solved, or get at least SOME depth. and either a Akwasi Owusu-Ansah or hell even Mays for depth in the secondary.
:viksux::chisux::detsux:

The 49ers, Bills, and Redskins have no true starting qb, and big weaknesses on defense... as do the Falcons, Dolphins...I really dont think Kevin Kolb will be the answer for the Eagles, Giants underperformed last year.. so that might be an iffy game.

I see our losses coming from Patriots, Jets, and sadly the Vikes

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No losses at home, and losses at Falcons and Jets makes for 14/2 season, home field thru the playoffs and Championship #13.
The Interceptor comes back to earth with more interceptions than TDs for the season, thereby ensuring the 50th anniversary of losing for the Yikes.
Only problem is that I have to get my old "12 Championships" sweatshirt changed--a small price to pay.

Members online

Latest posts