Team record next year

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you predict the Packers will finish at next season?

They will play @ home : Bears, Vikings, Lions, Cowboys, Giants, 49ers, Bills, Dolphins

and on the road: Bears, Vikings, Lions, Eagles, Redskins, Falcons, Patriots, Jets

I see us finishing at 11-5 with losses coming from the Jets, Patriots, Eagles, Bears, and Vikings.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you predict the Packers will finish at next season?

They will play @ home : Bears, Vikings, Lions, Cowboys, Giants, 49ers, Bills, Dolphins

and on the road: Bears, Vikings, Lions, Eagles, Redskins, Falcons, Patriots, Jets

I see us finishing at 11-5 with losses coming from the Jets, Patriots, Eagles, Bears, and Vikings.
I'm an optimistic.

Losses to Vikings at the dump (I'm counting on Favre. If not, it's a win.), maybe the Jets, but I wouldn't count on it, maybe the Pats, but then again i think we're better than them...

I'm calling it 13-3. I called 12-4 last season, missed by one.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I called 12-4 last season, missed by one.

Stupid Tampa....

I'm calling 16-0 for the next 4 years... why? Cause Harris is coming back!

4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid Tampa....

I'm calling 16-0 for the next 4 years... why? Cause Harris is coming back!

4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!
I missed Tampa. But I also missed the Bengals, the Bears once, the Cardinals, The Cowboys at home, and the Vikings at home...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we lose at home to the Cowboys and the 49ers

On the road we lose to the lions and vikings (dome teams) and get up set at Atlanta and the Jets.

We finish 10-6.

Lions will be our Tampa next year followed by another jesus meeting

WE go 14-2 if we trade up to get one of the top 2 LT prospects and Justin Harrell is able to play.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why should the regular season standings matter WHEN WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL BABY! yeah i said it, superbowl!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
There's the Attitude NY! How come the NYers are so much more optimistic than you WI boys?!

4 more years!
4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with most of you, I don't see us winning more than 10 if that. I

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with ya on the 12-4. As far as the Jets and Pats are concerned, I think we can win at least one of those. Is it me or does it seem like the balance of power is shifting from the AFC to the NFC??? The NFC North is getting better for sure.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with ya on the 12-4. As far as the Jets and Pats are concerned, I think we can win at least one of those. Is it me or does it seem like the balance of power is shifting from the AFC to the NFC??? The NFC North is getting better for sure.
Yeah. It seems to me that the AFC is kind of stale. And the inter competition in the NFC makes them better, more competitive.

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would say in the 13-3 range (I give or take a game) we are way too talented on offence and our defence will be better from having another year onthe system. Plus we were so young this year the only way to go is up

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We go as far as the old legs of our Offensive tackles.

Defensively we have to be able to generate a consistent pass rush from our front 7, That means Hawk as to improve as a complete ILB, or Chillar/Bishop will need to take over the position. Our secondary to include Bush has taken a lot of criticism for their play, when if fact our front 7 are giving opposing QBs just way to much time.

Players that have to step up next season on defense are Raji, Jones, and Wynn. They will be key in avoiding giving up over 500 yards in a game. If they along with Mathews can make the QB throw the ball before he is ready, Bush will look like a star and so will the rest of our secondary.

Another possibility on our defensive line would be Justin Harrell. If he is able to play and perform any where near what TT thinks he can, that would solve a lot of problems on defense. With Jenkins, Raji, and Harrell having pass rushing skills, Jollys role would be limited, Jolly lacks any pass rushing skills, run stopper only.

On offense I think it will be key that Nelson or James Jones takes over the #2 receiving spot. DD is a solid player, but his skills are declining. Nelson or Jones needs to be that serious receiving threat opposite of Greg so that they can feed off each other.

IMO GBs true run to the super bowl is another year away, unless TT has a draft like he did last year where 5 or more players are able to make solid contributions right away.

With the schedule and our division opponents getting better, the health and depth of our O-line, I see the Pack at best 10-6, more likely 9-7.

Remember the Matt Millen has been long gone from the lions. I bet next year we sweep the vikings, but end up splitting with the bears and lions.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AT WORST
12-4
3 Road L's incld: Vikes, ATL & Philly
1 Home L: Dallas

We would sweep the Vikes if #4 stays down south on the mower....

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our schedule's a bit tougher than last year. I still see us ending up about where we were last year, 11-5, 10-6, but a lot is gonna depend on the old legs keeping A-Rod upright and more importantly, not letting Brady, Eli, Romo or McNabb throw for over 500 yards. I'm really looking forward to see what we are able to do against the Jets' "potented" defense..

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our schedule's a bit tougher than last year. I still see us ending up about where we were last year, 11-5, 10-6, but a lot is gonna depend on the old legs keeping A-Rod upright and more importantly, not letting Brady, Eli, Romo or McNabb throw for over 500 yards. I'm really looking forward to see what we are able to do against the Jets' "potented" defense..

I agree, the health and depth of the O-lne is a question mark for the Packers next year.

But you bring up a good point about our defense that many over look and wish to blame Bush for the poor showing last year. But if you look at all the games we lost, it comes down to our front 7 not putting pressure on the QB.

IMO we have issues at ILB, Johnny Jolly is excellent against the run but has almost no pass rushing skills, and Brad Jones needs to step up his game opposite of Mathews and Raji and Wynn need to take the next step in their careers. If Justin Harrrell is able to go this year, I think we will see a marked improvement from our defensive line getting consistant pressure on the QB.

Last year when one of our OLBs dropped into coverage and rushed only 4 people, the QB had 5 seconds or more to throw the ball numerous times.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Barring injuries, I would say the Packers have a good chance to go 12-4. Competing with the Vikings for the division. I can easily see them spliting with Chicago and MN.

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, the health and depth of the O-lne is a question mark for the Packers next year.

But you bring up a good point about our defense that many over look and wish to blame Bush for the poor showing last year. But if you look at all the games we lost, it comes down to our front 7 not putting pressure on the QB.

IMO we have issues at ILB, Johnny Jolly is excellent against the run but has almost no pass rushing skills, and Brad Jones needs to step up his game opposite of Mathews and Raji and Wynn need to take the next step in their careers. If Justin Harrrell is able to go this year, I think we will see a marked improvement from our defensive line getting consistant pressure on the QB.

Last year when one of our OLBs dropped into coverage and rushed only 4 people, the QB had 5 seconds or more to throw the ball numerous times.

Agreed. Bush was bad but he got too much slack when there were problems in other areas as well, most prominently generating consistent pressure on the quarterback. Hawk's gotta step up at ILB 'cause based on the extension they gave Chillar, I don't think that's the type of money you give to a non-starter no matter how much of an asset Chillar is in sub-packages.

I think the defense as a whole will greatly benefit from having a full year of the 3-4 under their belt moving forward. Jones is a gem and has shown solid pass-rushing instincts, still needs to improve against the run but based on what I've seen, he has the right attitude and the Matthews/Jones pass-rush combo is one I feel could develop into one of the best in the league down the road. DE could be a big problem, Jolly's got personal trouble and Jenkins hits free agency next offseason. Hope to see Raji step up but the jury's still out on Wynn and I'm not getting my hopes up about Harrell either..

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Maybe 13-3 The games we might lose would be the Pats Vikes and Eagles.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Insanity, they go at least 12-4

How come so many of you are saying they will win less games this season? Thats insane. A second year in the 3-4, the defense will be just mean. Harris is coming back. Raji will be improving. Matthews will be all over the QB's again. It's going to be beautiful.

1. If Favre doesn't come back, and I don't think he will. Green Bay takes both games. Favre got his @$$ whipped hard by the Saints. I bet Deanna is still nursing his wounds.

2. The Bears front office is absolutely stupid. Ooooh Julius Peppers. They paid a truckload of money for a guy who is overrated. Speed rushers lose a step or two in their 30's and the Bears have no one else on their line who needs to be double teamed. Kampman had to deal with that a lot here a few years ago and Peppers doesn't have his heart or motor. Their best pickup was either Taylor or Manumaleuna. Taylor worked well in the MN system but IDK about the Bears and he is 30 or 31 now. Also the whole Mike Martz new wide open offense. Cutler's best receiver is still hardley taller than an umpa lumpa and has stone hands. The Pack takes both games.

3. Lions-whatever pack takes both games.

4. I don't see any of the home games an issue except for maybe Dallas and that can also hinge on the weather. Besides Romo is a choke artist and they lost one of their best offensive lineman in Adams. The Pack may drop that game.

5. I only see issues with 2 of the away games. The Redskins have had a decent defense for a while. Now with McNabb and some serious running back pickups they may be really tough, they might not. Shanahan is a good coach though so I wouldn't be suprised if we ended up losing this one although I think the Pack should beat em. Now the Jets on the other hand, wow. Their defense is going to be nasty this year. They also have a another year with Sanchez to progress. This one could go either way as well. Atlanta could be tough too.

6. As for oopsies. The Pack does lay an occasional egg. Then they regroup and stomp all comers for the rest of the year. I think it will either be by a few points to either the Bears/Vikings or they will get burned by Washington/Atlanta.

Overall I really think the Pack should and will go 13-3 and take the division. Hopefully the NFC East is tight, if so, GB gets home field throughout. Tasty.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come so many of you are saying they will win less games this season? Thats insane. A second year in the 3-4, the defense will be just mean. Harris is coming back. Raji will be improving. Matthews will be all over the QB's again. It's going to be beautiful.

1. If Favre doesn't come back, and I don't think he will. Green Bay takes both games. Favre got his @$$ whipped hard by the Saints. I bet Deanna is still nursing his wounds.

2. The Bears front office is absolutely stupid. Ooooh Julius Peppers. They paid a truckload of money for a guy who is overrated. Speed rushers lose a step or two in their 30's and the Bears have no one else on their line who needs to be double teamed. Kampman had to deal with that a lot here a few years ago and Peppers doesn't have his heart or motor. Their best pickup was either Taylor or Manumaleuna. Taylor worked well in the MN system but IDK about the Bears and he is 30 or 31 now. Also the whole Mike Martz new wide open offense. Cutler's best receiver is still hardley taller than an umpa lumpa and has stone hands. The Pack takes both games.

3. Lions-whatever pack takes both games.

4. I don't see any of the home games an issue except for maybe Dallas and that can also hinge on the weather. Besides Romo is a choke artist and they lost one of their best offensive lineman in Adams. The Pack may drop that game.

5. I only see issues with 2 of the away games. The Redskins have had a decent defense for a while. Now with McNabb and some serious running back pickups they may be really tough, they might not. Shanahan is a good coach though so I wouldn't be suprised if we ended up losing this one although I think the Pack should beat em. Now the Jets on the other hand, wow. Their defense is going to be nasty this year. They also have a another year with Sanchez to progress. This one could go either way as well. Atlanta could be tough too.

6. As for oopsies. The Pack does lay an occasional egg. Then they regroup and stomp all comers for the rest of the year. I think it will either be by a few points to either the Bears/Vikings or they will get burned by Washington/Atlanta.

Overall I really think the Pack should and will go 13-3 and take the division. Hopefully the NFC East is tight, if so, GB gets home field throughout. Tasty.
actually, I don't see any team that's hard for us to face. Favre in MN is trouble (in the Reg Season), but the Jets don't have the QB to kill us, nor the offensive power. They're a running team, our favorite kind of team. PHI is done, and WAS is a mistery. Dal has only one 1 game in Lambeau, so I don't see them repeating.

If the Packers get a good draft and play to their talent, we could very much go undefeated.

But it rarely happens, a lot of times teams lose some impredictable games, and some close games could very well be decided, like they were last year, by the refs.

That's why I don't know if this is actually a thougher schedule than last year. We don't face Pit. We don't face AZ. But I don't think we'll be as good. We'd have to play our hearts out every single game, and don't know if we're in that maturity point yet.

-

BTW, LMAO at the Umpa-Lumpa thing!

Members online

Latest posts