Taysom Hill

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy oh boy did the Packers screw That one up smh. I lived this guy the moment I saw him in the pre season as a Packer. You can see the play making ability and toughness right away. I’ll still never accept the fact that they let the damn guy go. Especially if he turns into a superstar. Unbelievable smh

You lived with him? Play a lot of video games did ya?

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comparing him to Rodgers is not the fairest comparison to make with Hill nor would it be appropriate. That comparison should be done at the bottom of the roster where his talent should have prevailed at several positions he's proven he can play as a backup.

For example, just in 2019 Darius Shepherd or Hill? Dexter Williams or Hill? Ryan Grant or Hill? Even Tim Boyle or Hill? We can do the same kind of comparisons for any final roster since 2017, even at the backup QB position. He would have made one heckuva backup at several positions simultaneously over the past few seasons. It gives the team opportunity to create depth somewhere else (plural).

Personally, I think it was a big mistake letting him go.

Where would you have put him? special teams? Im sorry i just think payton used his talent exactly where he could prosper, but i cant see packers taking aaron off the field to run wildcat plays. That can ruin a qb rythm did you see what happened when brees threw that pick after hill was in at qb.

Sky King

Reaction score
Where would you have put him? special teams? Im sorry i just think payton used his talent exactly where he could prosper, but i cant see packers taking aaron off the field to run wildcat plays. That can ruin a qb rythm did you see what happened when brees threw that pick after hill was in at qb.
I never suggested that he supplant Rodgers or any other starters, so please end any association with that narrative and me. Again, look to the bottom of the roster for comparisons, not the top. Hill can play several positions as a backup. He could be the last receiver, last running back, last ST player, and last QB. Who knows, maybe he could even play DB in an emergency injury situation. Most importantly, he can be the last backup at all of those positions simultaneously. There's value in that kind of versatility, especially on game day. Versatility is hardly a new concept in GB.

Audit the final rosters in GB the year he was cut and ever since. There are several players at the bottom of any of those final rosters that he could have replaced. The front office and coaching staff underestimated the attraction of Hill's ability and his versatility to other teams despite his impressive flashes during the preseason. They took a chance he would go unclaimed and they lost that bet. He's not a starter for the Saints either, but he sure has value.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hill is the poster child for the college football title of "athlete."

In 2017, I personally liked Hill better than Joe Callahan during camp but not by much. They both seemed to move the ball better than Hundley. Had we already known the dumpster fire that Hundley would turn out to be, we surely would have kept Hill and Callahan as backups on the 53.

The one good thing that we can all agree on about Hundley, is that we got value for trading him to the Seahawks. They gave us a 2019 6th round pick which we used on Notre Dame RB Dexter Williams. In addition, Seattle sent Hundley to the Cardinals this season and Hundley in turn beat the Seahawks in Week 16 to help the Packers secure a 1st round bye. What a guy! The unintended genius of Gute...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember right...he came off the bench and had to make a couple nice plays with his legs. He looked pretty good on the replays actually.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TH is likely the saints future QB
sure he is, he impressed them so much at QB they traded for check down Teddy Bridgewater when nobody knew if his knee was going to hold up again. He is most definitely not ever going to be the QB of the future for the Saints. We should hope he is, it would be like the Cowboys getting Garrett back as HC. We know they'll never go anywhere with that.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Saints have definitely found a way to use Taysom Hill effectively in different roles but while the media is hyping him way too much fans should realize that he accounted for a combined total of only 445 yards passing, rushing and receiving this season.

I agree it's a cool story but there's no reason to act as if he's a superstar in the making.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints have definitely found a way to use Taysom Hill effectively in different roles but while the media is hyping him way too much fans should realize that he accounted for a combined total of only 445 yards passing, rushing and receiving this season.

I agree it's a cool story but there's no reason to act as if he's a superstar in the making.

The one thing he is regardless of any stat and it was clear when he was in green bay as well, is that he is a play maker. And you want as many of those as you can get

D

Deleted member 6794

The one thing he is regardless of any stat and it was clear when he was in green bay as well, is that he is a play maker. And you want as many of those as you can get

Hill touched the ball only 52 times this season. He's not a consistent play maker by any means.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hill touched the ball only 52 times this season. He's not a consistent play maker by any means.

He hasn't been given the opportunity to be consistent. But play maker he is.

Also you don't have to touch the ball to make a play. A special teams tackle can be making a play

D

Deleted member 6794

He hasn't been given the opportunity to be consistent. But play maker he is.

Also you don't have to touch the ball to make a play. A special teams tackle can be making a play

I'm quite sure the Saints would have given Hill more touches if they believed in him being able to make plays on a consistent basis.

I agree about your take on special teams though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems to consistently makes plays when just about everyone on the planet knows there is a 85% probability that he will have something to do with the play. That does not mean that he should be starting...but certainly valuable.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the 52 touches count the blocked punt in week 13 vs ATL?...oh he blocked one last year too...TB. Point is we missed on him...

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the 52 touches count the blocked punt in week 13 vs ATL?...oh he blocked one last year too...TB. Point is we missed on him...

Yeah, we missed on him. Is it a big deal? Not really. We've hit on guys other teams have missed too.

Reaction score
Hundley was 4-9 for 49 yards. How did he beat the Hawks?
Mid 4th quarter Hundley led his team to a clock killing 78 yard drive, churning 5:39? Ending any meaningful hope of a last second comeback.

It Started on his own 22 yard line with his huge 26 yard pass to Williams to put the Cards at midfield. He also had several key 10+ yard 1st down runs on that drive, including a 12 yarder to set up 1st n goal from 3 and eventually a Drake TD. Hundley also averaged 5.9 yards a carry and that included him kneeling down several times, losing -yardage several times to end the contest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

It's true the Packers missed on Hill but he wouldn't have improved their chances on winning the Super Bowl by a whole lot.

Staff online

Members online