Talking --- "Nose Tackle"

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that's not somebody tryin' to make my eyes water... either!

With Grady Jackson gettin' on in years and ever since the loss of Gravedigger - we've had to contend with virtually NO backups to hold down the middle... Out of all the FA's out there and with the current crop in the Draft being RB heavy... I'm wondering who the Packers could take in the Draft, or call between now and April as the new Player for that position.....? We were all spoiled rotten with Gilbert Brown being there for so many years... (11 total, I believe) And, now we're light in the jeans, with the middle of the line on Defense.

Anyone wanna make a suggestion as to what Jim Bates might be telling Mike Sherman right about now?

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt was one of the biggest disappointments last year, he didnt do anything. You would think someone who just got a huge pay increase would come out and prove he deserves it. This position need to be addressed, but there are a couple young guys how could prove themselves this year, lets just hope that happens

IU_packfan

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IU's right - Hunt did practically nothing worth mentioning all thru the entire season last year... Do we have any film highlights to brag about? I think not... not unless you go all the way back to that pre-season game we had at Cleveland (whenever)... other than that - I never really saw the camera man try and focus on Hunt in any way....never!

And, while I like Grady Jackson a great deal - HE's NO GRAVEDIGGER....!
He's also (nowadays) considered "damaged goods" - and won't last maybe one or two more years at the most - and that's why we need to make sure that we have someone waiting in the wings NOW to take his place.... Donnell 'may' be that Player - we have yet to see it define itself on the field. Possibly BATES can bring it out of him... we'll see!

I'd rather we had TWO NOSE TACKLES - as we did when Gravedigger & Grady were there and healthy at the same time, to boot.... they were spelling each other and standing beside each other together stopping Offenses with great dexterity.... We need that option back again.... It was Gravedigger who showed Grady how it gets done - it was Gilbert who infected Grady with what it means to be a Packer! Otherwise, one wonders what would have been!

We NEED another Gilbert Brown.... and having another Reggie White to help out couldn't hurt.... -- So, who would that be?

Members online

Latest posts