Swede traveling to Oakland for Packers game

Robertloren

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Packer fans!

As stated I am from Sweden and on monday I will travel to the USA for the first time of my life. Me and my girlfriend are going to rent a car and drive around in California and Las Vegas + grand canyon, and I have also bought tickets to the Packers at Raiders game on december 20th.

I have a couple of questions. First, do you think there will be a lot of Packer fans attending the game? Is there any sort of get-together with Packer fans in the Bay area? I would love to meet some like minded people on my trip :)

Another thing, coming from Sweden and soccer where evil hooligans reign at respective home fields, picking fights with whoever disagrees (not entierly true but somewhat at least), is it safe to wear my Packer jersey in Oakland? I want to show my Packer pride, but not at the risk of being beaten. I mean no disrespect to any football fan, I'm just used to how it is here at home.

Have a great winning week and lets get another W against the Cowboys!

/robertloren

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) There's a lot of Packer fans at every away game.
2) Check Packerseverywhere.com for a get together.
3) I've heard Raider fans can be rough, but nobody should beat you up just for having a Packer jersey on. Just be nice and you'll be fine.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Packer fans!

As stated I am from Sweden and on monday I will travel to the USA for the first time of my life. Me and my girlfriend are going to rent a car and drive around in California and Las Vegas + grand canyon, and I have also bought tickets to the Packers at Raiders game on december 20th.

I have a couple of questions. First, do you think there will be a lot of Packer fans attending the game? Is there any sort of get-together with Packer fans in the Bay area? I would love to meet some like minded people on my trip :)

Another thing, coming from Sweden and soccer where evil hooligans reign at respective home fields, picking fights with whoever disagrees (not entierly true but somewhat at least), is it safe to wear my Packer jersey in Oakland? I want to show my Packer pride, but not at the risk of being beaten. I mean no disrespect to any football fan, I'm just used to how it is here at home.

Have a great winning week and lets get another W against the Cowboys!

/robertloren

Robertloren

I would suggest not wearing your Packer colors in the Stadium in Oakland. I have heard Oakland Raider fans are tough on fans of Raiders opponents in their stadium.

Not every NFL team fans are like the Packer fans in Lambeau Field .

Dr. Lou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as you don't let some heckling bother you and don't retaliate with any aggression, Raider fans won't mess with you. They may tease you, but it's all just for fun. It also depends on if you get a seat by that one wrong drunk guy who is a jerk. If someone is getting out of hand where it seems it could get bad, just tell one of the security officers. Just enjoy the game and have fun!
I am going...seated 50 yard line around 37 rows up on Packers side. I will be at the game wearing my packer gear...Go Pack Go!!!

Members online

Latest posts