1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Swain should get a shot at PR

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Schmitty327, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Schmitty327

Schmitty327 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to see Bret Swain get a shot at returning punts. The guy has a good burst and I dont like see such a valuable player of ours back there with a big target on him. I think Swain would do a good job if given the chance agreed?

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Jordy Nelson returns Kick Off's so well why not have him return punts?

3. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Better yet GBP.. we could have MASON CROSBY return them!!! More stage time for your boy, right?! :p

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Yeah but what if he got hurt?

That would break my heart, at least kicking FG's extra points and kicking off, there aint much chance of injury :)

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    I recall the :chisux: team of the early 70's sending 2-3 "blockers" after Chester Marcol on each kickoff with that intent. He would literally kick off and make a beeline to the sidelines chased by the opposition.

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Sure, can't hurt.

7. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    not a fan, if this kid could do that, I would have expected him to be returning punts a few years ago, I don't think he has the ability and the nerves to catch that in traffic, I've never even seen him do it in preseason...and we have a very low stock of returners compared to everyone else, so if he had the ability he probably would have had the opportunity a while ago, I have ZERO faith in him doing that...so pleast MM, don't do it

[​IMG]

8. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Do we even know if he can catch a punt? To bad shields cant catch a punt. The question I have is why is shields not a KR?

9. BBalzWI

BBalzWI Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Swain tweaked his knee in the pre-season badly from what I recall and lost a lot of his speed. I don't think they want to throw him in the PR position because of it, plus Tramon is doing fine catching it and not fumbling. *knock on wood*

10. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Hey I should coach lol. nice return by shields