Suprised who didnt make it to the probowl

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Jennings would of made it over Driver, but i am glad Driver got it because of his resealence. Barnett got had, i dont see many other quaility LBs in the NFC that can top him.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When watching the NFL network they had said they thought Jennings wasnt picked because he wasnt around that long, he might have had more catching yards then Driver, but that was because Driver was covered pretty well from other teams. They maybe want to see if Jennings can keep doing this every year.

I think Woodson, Barnett and Jennings should have been picked, they all made an impact on our team this year as well as Favre, Driver, Kampman and Harris.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but the Pro Bowl is a yearly honor, therefore Jennings should be picked for scoring 12 TDs so far this year.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Barnett was the biggest snub out of the group. I actually think Lee's snub is bigger than Jennings though.

Jennings is only in his second year and had less than 50 catches at the time. He has a ton of TDs though. Lee has had an awesome year.

Woodson is definitely a snub, but I'm glad that Harris made it. Harris's coverage on the #1 WR each game provides Woodson the opportunity to make plays. Woodson does a great job at taking advantage. My guess is that the voters just didn't want to have both GB CBs make it and that's why only Harris got in.

It's all fine IMHO anyway. Let's remain the underdogs. If the guys who didn't get in end up doing awesome in the playoffs, then it will just be a slam in the voters' faces.

GO PACK GO!!!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson topped the fans voting, obviously there are people in the league who just dont like the man. Its a shame.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All three should have gone, but Barnett was the biggest snub. He's been great this year.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett most definitely.

There has been some snubbing going on of the Packers and the players.

I am sure there are lots of other teams' fans who are just as upset as us about some of the players on their team that have also been snubbed.

Having said that, Crosby, Barnett, and Woodson have been definitely snubbed and they deserve to go. Jennings is borderline...

KGB is also deserving of a look as well as Donald Lee but in all, the rest of the NFL is NOT as impressed with our Packers as we are...

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Network said:
they had said they thought Jennings wasnt picked because he wasnt around that long, he might have had more catching yards then Driver, but that was because Driver was covered pretty well from other teams. They maybe want to see if Jennings can keep doing this every year.

Ridiculous. Whatever the reasons, the guy has 12 TDs in 12 games, right?
The entire Cowboys O-line is there, buts it's cause Romo's a slippery, slithering son-of-a-gun.

Newman and Trufant aren't nearly as vital to their respective defenses as Woodson is to his.

It's all a bunch of crap, and I'd rather the analysts admit it than try to give hollow reasoning as to why a 12-TD, 800 yd receiver isn't even a first alternate.

IT'S CRAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 3. But Barnett the most. I had a feeling if Driver went in, Jennings won't and vice versa. I also had the feeling that if Harris went in, Woodson won't and vice versa. But Barnett is better than any MLB in the NFC right now easily. This one really irks me.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 3. But Barnett the most. I had a feeling if Driver went in, Jennings won't and vice versa. I also had the feeling that if Harris went in, Woodson won't and vice versa. But Barnett is better than any MLB in the NFC right now easily. This one really irks me.

Patrick Willis deserved it more than Barnett, Tatupu on the other hand.......

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

I agree with you... Willis should be number one with Barnett 2nd. And they voted Tatupu the starter? It's ridiculous. Also, I don't know what Woodson has to do to get a pro bowl bid. He could lead the league in interceptions, defensive touchdowns, and in the process cure cancer and he'd still get snubbed. BS.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson has already been to the probowl several time in Oakland I believe so I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Well as much as he would if he'd never been.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson has already been to the probowl several time in Oakland I believe so I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Well as much as he would if he'd never been.

I know it's kind of bad to think this way, but Woodson is the kind of guy that plays with a chip on his shoulder. It seems like whenever that chip gets bigger, he just plays better... here's to hoping.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say all 3 earned it. I mean, Bubba Franks gets to go? I like Bubba, and before he got hurt he was playing great. But he's been out most of the season. So how can a hurt guy make it, but Jennings and Barnett and Woodson don't?
As Mr. Spock would say........."Not logical"

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say all 3 earned it. I mean, Bubba Franks gets to go? I like Bubba, and before he got hurt he was playing great. But he's been out most of the season. So how can a hurt guy make it, but Jennings and Barnett and Woodson don't?
As Mr. Spock would say........."Not logical"

Where did you read that Franks was going? I saw that he was an alternate, but I never saw that anything about him making it.

I would agree with you that Franks doesn't make sense. Lee has had a good enough year to make it, but Franks was out for most of the season and he has outplayed Franks even when healthy.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:
Zombieslayer said:

I agree with you... Willis should be number one with Barnett 2nd. And they voted Tatupu the starter? It's ridiculous. Also, I don't know what Woodson has to do to get a pro bowl bid. He could lead the league in interceptions, defensive touchdowns, and in the process cure cancer and he'd still get snubbed. ****ing ********.

Why should Patrick Willis have gone over Barnett the only thing he has done is rack up tackles.

Willis- 142 Tackles, 1 sack, 0 Int, 1 FF
Barnett- 119 Tackles, 3.5 sack, 2 Int, 0 FF

3 simple reasons to why Willis has more tackles. 1 the 49ers Offense sucks and cant do anything which means there Defense is on the field more allowing Willis to get more tackles, 2 the 49ers suck in general so they let other teams get up on them and then the other team works the clock by running the ball more thus allowing Willis to get more tackles, and 3 Willis doesnt have the players around him like Barnett does to make as many plays so therefore he gets more tackles.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:
KGB94SACKEM said:
Zombieslayer said:

I agree with you... Willis should be number one with Barnett 2nd. And they voted Tatupu the starter? It's ridiculous. Also, I don't know what Woodson has to do to get a pro bowl bid. He could lead the league in interceptions, defensive touchdowns, and in the process cure cancer and he'd still get snubbed. ****ing ********.

Why should Patrick Willis have gone over Barnett the only thing he has done is rack up tackles.

3 simple reasons to why Willis has more tackles. 1 the 49ers Offense sucks and cant do anything which means there Defense is on the field more allowing Willis to get more tackles, 2 the 49ers suck in general so they let other teams get up on them and then the other team works the clock by running the ball more thus allowing Willis to get more tackles, and 3 Willis doesnt have the players around him like Barnett does to make as many plays so therefore he gets more tackles.

I'll give you another reason, because he is a animal. You just made an argument for every Dallas Cowboy, NE Patriot, Indy Colts and Jacksonville Jaguar to be starting in the Pro Bowl. Just because your team is not that good does not mean you can't excel. Willis does what he does with very little help around him which to me makes it even more impressive.

I'm not basing it on pure stats alone. I am basing it on what I have seen out of the kid. His insinctiveness and pure athleticism is amazing. Barnett is having a great year but Willis is every bit the player that Barnett is and he is a rookie.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackLegend and KGB; both very good points. I have to agree with KGB on this one. We have seen over and over that the Pro Bowl is largely a popularity contest, but the fact that the Pro Bowl has players from crappy teams is a good thing.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To be honest with you, I've found the 49er games painful to watch and haven't seen enough of Willis playing. I just know Barnett is having an incredible year. He's bumped up his game big time, and he's finally becoming the player my wife and I thought he'd be when we first watched him in '03. We predicted he'd become one of the best MLBs in the NFL, and he's definitely up there.

Barnett has a great sense of where the ball will be. He's stuffed RBs time and time again, and now that we're seeing more blitz packages, he's getting to the QBs.

Not to change the subject but my guess why we're seeing more blitz packages is MM realizes we'll need to blitz against the Cows and the Pats, so these games we're practicing getting the timing down and the kinks out.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to change the subject but my guess why we're seeing more blitz packages is MM realizes we'll need to blitz against the Cows and the Pats, so these games we're practicing getting the timing down and the kinks out.

that's what my dad and i have decided, and my brother concurs... and my wife doesn't care.

Members online

Latest posts