Supplemental draft July 11

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Who gets to fire Joe Whitt after this year? :coffee:

Some say MM could be on the hot seat, but in my opinion, all eyes should be on Whitt.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who gets to fire Joe Whitt after this year? :coffee:

Some say MM could be on the hot seat, but in my opinion, all eyes should be on Whitt.
Whitt seems to be still highly regarded. More evidence that Capers was deemed to be mostly responsible for the poor defensive performance.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think MM had 100% control over coaches underneath him. I think most, if not all, coaches do. Personally, I cant see why anyone, worth a ****, would become a HC without being given that authority. Your livelihood, reputation, and legacy hang in the balance. It's up to you to establish a staff you can work with and have the same philosophy.

Sure TT could approach MM and suggest a change, but it maybe a decision that TT would have to fire MM as well to get rid of Capers. I think MM is worth keeping. I dont know why MM held onto Capers as long as he did. That has been his biggest error as a HC.

Some posters, not talking about you, dont have a clue what no talent or poor coaching looks like. I am reasonably sure that TT was demoted due to health reasons and not because of performance. Otherwise, he would have been fired completely.

It's naive to believe that Thompson didn't have any influence on the coaching staff. The Packers kept TT because he's a great scout but a general manager has to have more successful traits than that.

Whitt seems to be still highly regarded. More evidence that Capers was deemed to be mostly responsible for the poor defensive performance.

It's a mystery why Whitt is still highly regarded after the way his units have performed in the past.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will regard Whitt a lot more highly when our secondary isn't one of the worst ones in the league, with or without Capers ;) I get loosing Shields didn't help, but with the amount of draft capital thrown at the secondary over the last 4 and now 5 years, things should be better than they have been.

But yes, chicken or egg? Capers or Whitt? Capers is gone, I have my spotlight fully on Whitt.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's a mystery why Whitt is still highly regarded after the way his units have performed in the past.

All I keep hearing/reading is what a masterful job he did with FA Sam Shields. Yes, he did. However, one big accomplishment should only buy him so much time of being kept and labeled a "great coach".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well Sam Beal, who the Giants chose in the Supplemental draft, is done for the year after suffering a shoulder injury in camp today.

H

HardRightEdge

I doubt that most people are unaware of the fact that an employee can be overruled by their boss.
Evidently there are enough who don't understand that to justify laying out the scenario.

And evidently it does not do much good, as some still persist in believing McCarthy has 100% control over the coaching staff.

Members online

Latest posts