Supplemental draft July 11

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Tread lightly on the verbal sparring.

FWIW I adhere to the pudding side of the discussion. Every time I see putting the little narrator in my head says the golf word.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Truly is the dog days of the off season when a debate over putting and pudding is taking place.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Truly is the dog days of the off season when a debate over putting and pudding is taking place.
come on, ever since the Networks cancelled the Soap Opera's, I pull Granny up to my computer with her shawl and warm cocoa to watch this stuff! :coffee:

While I haven't followed the whole conversation, I see it as fun, good natured ribbing between guys that can handle themselves just fine and if these guys were together in a bar, there wouldn't be THAT many black eyes at the end of the night. :ninja:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thumbs are too fat for this message board, I tread as lightly as I can. I haven't eaten pudding since i was a kid and i suck at putting, and hitting with a driver. now that I bring it up, short and medium game aren't strong either.

and I can only get 2 black eyes, so that will limit things

H

HardRightEdge

3 Posts!!!
Actually 6 with your 3 additions. It would have been 1 if not for you commenting on it. Wait, it's 7 now with a mod chiming in. Pure fools gold! Make it 8 now with this one. Care to call and make it 9? Sheesh.

Why not answer the questions posed, by the way, instead of deflectting with pointless sniping?

I'm not sure you've figured those things out for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

And I'll mock, when mocking is required :) you'd think it would help some see the ridiculousness of it, but it seems it doesn't work sometimes

The only reason you feel the need to mock other posters not agreeing with your take on Thompson is that you don't have any reasonable arguments to support your claim.

I should post this stupidity in every thread for the next 8 years only pausing a few months if we win a SB. The goal is to annoy the anti TT ilk and maybe, just maybe, illuminate how foolish and annoying their arguments had been. They got it coming.

You're the only one looking foolish by posting stupid stuff like that while not latching on to the fact Thompson's roster building was below average for most of the past seven seasons.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Business decision. The Giants and the Redskins each forfeit a draft pick in exchange for a player who may or may not have a meaningful impact on their roster this coming season. If Gute "sat on his hands", so did the GM's of 29 other teams.

The way I choose to look at it is they are not forfeiting a pick in the 2019 draft they are just using it a year early. The Giants had an obvious interest in the player they chose and had he been available in 2018 they may have used a 3rd round pick on him and no one would have questioned it. If you can get a 3rd round player (or maybe even higher) for a third round pick doesn't it make sense to get him a year earlier than you could if you had to wait until next years draft.

Obviously the issues are a concern but I honestly don't see the difference between taking a player in the 2018 draft or giving up a pick in the 2019 draft to get him. If you want him you have to give up a pick to get him (assuming someone else would have and you couldn't go the FA route)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Given that the Packers just signed 2 FA CB's, used their first 2 draft picks this year, their first pick last year and their first 2 picks in 2015 on the position, I would have been a bit pissed off had they offered up a 2nd Rd 2019 pick for Beal, because that would have been what it would have taken to get him over the Giants. Gute was smart to save his 2019 pick and hopefully he will be able to use it on a player needed for 2019 and beyond and hopefully, that isn't at CB. Beal might turn out to be a decent CB, but with everything the Packers have invested in the position, a 2nd rounder would have been too much IMO.

H

HardRightEdge

The way I choose to look at it is they are not forfeiting a pick in the 2019 draft they are just using it a year early.
That's a good way to look at it because that is exactly what the Giants said. They did not say they got a 1st. or 2nd. round talent for a 3rd. round pick.

That kid is raw, inexperience at the position, played against 3rd. tier college competition and requires technique polish. Flunking out suggests he may have literacy or study habit issues.

Had the Packers taken him he would have never played this season while taking up a valuable spot on the roster. He might play for the Giants.

He might be really good some day. Or not.

In case anybody was wondering, this is not sarcasm.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good way to look at it because that is exactly what the Giants said. They did not say they got a 1st. or 2nd. round talent for a 3rd. round pick.

That kid is raw, inexperience at the position, played against 3rd. tier college competition and requires technique polish. Flunking out suggests he may have literacy or study habit issues.

Had the Packers taken him he would have never played this season while taking up a valuable spot on the roster. He might play for the Giants.

He might be really good some day. Or not.

In case anybody was wondering, this is not sarcasm.

Are you sure? I can't tell. If I put the emphasis on the right words and twist your words into what I want them to mean, as opposed to what you said, I think I can detect maybe just a little bit of sarcasm there. :D

H

HardRightEdge

Are you sure? I can't tell. If I put the emphasis on the right words and twist your words into what I want them to mean, as opposed to what you said, I think I can detect maybe just a little bit of sarcasm there. :D
OK. Go ahead. Lets see what you've got.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're the only one looking foolish by posting stupid stuff like that while not latching on to the fact Thompson's roster building was below average for most of the past seven seasons.
So why doe Gute get a free pass? Why is he above criticism? We shouldn't settle for mediocrity and a GM who refuses or knows how to do his job.

Given that the Packers just signed 2 FA CB's, used their first 2 draft picks this year, their first pick last year and their first 2 picks in 2015 on the position, I would have been a bit pissed off had they offered up a 2nd Rd 2019 pick for Beal, because that would have been what it would have taken to get him over the Giants. Gute was smart to save his 2019 pick and hopefully he will be able to use it on a player needed for 2019 and beyond and hopefully, that isn't at CB. Beal might turn out to be a decent CB, but with everything the Packers have invested in the position, a 2nd rounder would have been too much IMO.

It's not a matter, for me, about who we already had on the roster, I think Beal went a round early (and surprised it was a high 3), and Adonis went about right. Brandon got picked up right away by the Jets. He needs to get his head on straight and he could be the best if the 3. Would have liked to signed him, but can see him going to a more safety needing team I. The Jets.

D

Deleted member 6794

So why doe Gute get a free pass? Why is he above criticism? We shouldn't settle for mediocrity and a GM who refuses or knows how to do his job.

:rolleyes: Geez, your posts are getting more and more ridiculous with each additional one on this topic while you don't understand that you're neither funny nor any good at being sarcastic.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently some can see just how ridiculous things are. But only sometimes, hmmmmm

The difference is one guy knows he's being ridiculous, the other doesn't

H

HardRightEdge

So it wasn't sarcasm after all? Or is this sarcasm?

You earlier cited Favre dead-enders. Are you sure you're not a Thompson dead-ender?

You have to jump through hoops to conclude that Thompson's roster building over the better part of the last decade was other than mediocre at best. Gutekunst in 2018 followed the same approach as Thompson in recemt years, particularly 2017. Is this mediocrity redux?

We all prognosticate which Gutekunst moves will pan out and which will not. I don't particularly like what he did in free agency while I like what he did in the draft, plowing a middle ground as Thompson has done. The difference is some Gutekunst circumspection is required because we have not tasted the pudding yet or seen if he can sink the putts. :whistling: Thompson, on the other hand, has a track record.

H

HardRightEdge

Apparently some can see just how ridiculous things are. But only sometimes, hmmmmm

I think I got it right the first time.

1. Not thrilled about seeing the old guy bounced.
2. That sentiment bleeds into the veiw of the new guy.
3. But really not sure about the new guy.
4. The conflict hides behind sarcasm.

I suggest moving on. It's a new day.

H

HardRightEdge

FWIW I adhere to the pudding side of the discussion. Every time I see putting the little narrator in my head says the golf word.
Just an FYI: Rodgers, Sharpe and Hawk are playing in the American Century Championship this weekend:

http://www.scoring.r2it.com/golf/acc/Leaderboard.aspx?TournamentID=201801&RoundID=1

Judging from these scores, Rodgers and Sharpe are probably low single-digit handicappers who work a lot on their games. Hawk's 84 is not too shabby either. I couldn't say who's the better putter.

In case anybody is wondering, that is sarcasm.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I got it right the first time.

1. Not thrilled about seeing the old guy bounced.
2. That sentiment bleeds into the veiw of the new guy.
3. But really not sure about the new guy.
4. The conflict hides behind sarcasm.

I suggest moving on. It's a new day.
And yet here you are giving another in depth analysis of what you WANT someone to to be saying so you can continue to argue despite being told exactly what it was.

D

Deleted member 6794

You don't understand that it's absolutely fair to criticize Thompson for not being able to provide Capers with players necessary to field a top 10 scoring defense at least once over the past seven seasons though. A feat that has been achieved by 27 other teams in the league at least once with the other four teams having combined to make the playoffs four times since 2010 not winning a single playoff game (let that sink in for a moment).

D

Deleted member 6794

Just an FYI: Rodgers, Sharpe and Hawk are playing in the American Century Championship this weekend:

http://www.scoring.r2it.com/golf/acc/Leaderboard.aspx?TournamentID=201801&RoundID=1

Judging from these scores, Rodgers and Sharpe are probably low single-digit handicappers who work a lot on their games. Hawk's 84 is not too shabby either. I couldn't say who's the better putter.

In case anybody is wondering, that is sarcasm.

Talking about the American Century Championship it seems Rodgers is able to make receivers look better than they are after all:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/nbcsauthentic/status/1017869463415222274?s=12[/TWEET]

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Gute is thinking on using draft picks to go up and get Bosa.

H

HardRightEdge

And yet here you are giving another in depth analysis of what you WANT someone to to be saying so you can continue to argue despite being told exactly what it was.
Vague, malformed and backkanded articulations beg for interpretation. There is no "exactly what it was" until you answer the questions in post #49.

So that I might be crystal clear, when I said it is "time to move on" I meant specifically it is time to move on from Thompson.

H

HardRightEdge

D

Deleted member 6794

Throwing the receiver open! But nobody's perfect. Here's an underthrow from last year's tournament:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Maybe Steph was supposed to hook up that route in the zone seam.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to watch the video in Austria, therefore I can't help to analyze the play ;)

Members online

Latest posts