Supplemental Draft 2020

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish to bring some hope to the disenchanted and topical awareness to the optimistic.

The general thought is that college programs will be not able to return till late summer. This will result in a cancellation of the college season.

This in turn will result in a large number of players declaring for the supplemental draft.

This will provide a great shot at several highly touted WRs being available for the Pack.

This will give Gute a shot at getting a back up longsnapper.

oooooor . . .

Devonte Smith, Justyn Ross, and Jamar Chase

All 3 wrs could justify a 1st round pick. Probably a bunch of others in that 2nd round range.

Because there were so many good WRs available, some opted to return and try next year with less positional competition.

There is hope. And you might just as well pick one. If the supplemental is flooded as I mused, the 2021 draft will be really poor.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish to bring some hope to the disenchanted and topical awareness to the optimistic.

The general thought is that college programs will be not able to return till late summer. This will result in a cancellation of the college season.

This in turn will result in a large number of players declaring for the supplemental draft.

This will provide a great shot at several highly touted WRs being available for the Pack.

oooooor . . .

All 3 wrs could justify a 1st round pick. Probably a bunch of others in that 2nd round range.

Because there were so many good WRs available, some opted to return and try next year with less positional competition.

There is hope. And you might just as well pick one. If the supplemental is flooded as I mused, the 2021 draft will be really poor.

That's an interesting sneaky thought. When is that draft?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

oooooor . . .

Maybe, but I don't see that many NFL teams wanting to give up too many picks for guys not physically or mentally developed enough to declare for the draft this year and then keep them on their active rosters or risk losing them off the PS.

There might be a couple, but I doubt that many more declare and I doubt too many teams use it. a few, maybe you could get a pretty talented kid for a lower round pick, but so much changes in a year of college for these guys physically and mentally. I think NFL front offices know this.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's mid July usually. Could be different this year based on circumstances like no college season and 200 kids apply.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe, but I don't see that many NFL teams wanting to give up too many picks for guys not physically or mentally developed enough to declare for the draft this year and then keep them on their active rosters or risk losing them off the PS.

There might be a couple, but I doubt that many more declare and I doubt too many teams use it. a few, maybe you could get a pretty talented kid for a lower round pick, but so much changes in a year of college for these guys physically and mentally. I think NFL front offices know this.
Think through that. If 100 of the top upcoming Sr's go into it, and there is no college season, what then?

1. You look at their 2019 Jr tape and evaluate and draft.

2. You wait a year and then look over the same 2019 tape and evaluate. Of course now the top ones are gone in last years supplemental.

There is nothing to lose. May get some not ready, but its doubtful they will be much more ready a year from now if they don't play football.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don’t think it will be many. The “best qbs” now, would not be next year. Guys like Clay Matthews, TJ Watt? So much changes in development in a year. Even if there is no college season, I think teams will make due with that at the time. I don’t think many would jump at prejudging try and get deals now.

Unless there was some sort of discipline or extenuating circumstances, pretty much all of them that felt they were nfl ready, declare for the nfl.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don’t think it will be many. The “best qbs” now, would not be next year. Guys like Clay Matthews, TJ Watt? So much changes in development in a year. Even if there is no college season, I think teams will make due with that at the time. I don’t think many would jump at prejudging try and get deals now.

Unless there was some sort of discipline or extenuating circumstances, pretty much all of them that felt they were nfl ready, declare for the nfl.
I absolutely agree with this, but its the circumstances are what they are.

So if you are going to be a Jr, this year and the season is cancelled, do you sit a year and play in 2021 and go to the draft in 2022? Do you go into the 2021 draft after not playing the year?

Do they cancel the 2021 draft?

If I'm a very good college player, I'm entering the draft as a no-brainer. I'm pulling in 2 years salary now rather than sitting idle a whole year and then playing a year. No guarantees about the future at this point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m still hoping for a season, if our current testing and numbers are accurate, I think there will be.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stinking love this take and thought...as crazy BUT possible as it is the mental exercise of it is fun.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m still hoping for a season, if our current testing and numbers are accurate, I think there will be.
I think there will be a season. There will be nobody in the stands maybe, but the players and coaches can all be tested the morning of and play for the cameras.

As Ty said, a mental exercise.

But I do think its a possibility.

Members online

Latest posts