Super Bowl LIV

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Would not mind watching the 9'ers fans get their bandwagonning hearts broken but ... My gut says the Chiefs get shut down.

Flavor of the day offensive schemes usually don't fare well against solid, borderline dirty, defenses.

ALL RIGHT!!!! I was wrong. I love it!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You’ll have to track them down, I didn’t believe game was over, a lot of people just assumed when SF is out in front few teams have even come close to a comeback
When I said....they came back from.10 and 24 points down..

Some one said

Niners aren't Texans

Just wish people wouldn't give up..but they never learn

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats chiefs. Down double digits in all 3 post season games and won. That is amazing.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J-Lo smoked em hands down.
I liked Shakira better to be honest.

It's nice to see the Chiefs win since they haven't won for fifty years. The 49ers don't need another Lombardi. Besides, the Chiefs were our old sparring partner for Super Bowl I.

I hope we're not seeing the birth of a dynasty in KC (I'd rather reserve dynasties for GB). But its better than seeing one start in SF.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game. Trashy R-rated half time show. Had to make my kids leave the room.

Nobody ****** away a 4th quarter SB lead like Kyle Shanahan.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Shakira better to be honest.

Well, I mean I loved them both, I just meant the halftime show as a whole was way better than Adam Levine's awful fail of a performance last year. Only thing I didn't really care for was when glasses dude came in a couple times there, but loved when that young girl got to go in and sing her thing there.

Honestly everything from the commercials to the "Take It To The House Kid" thing and that Tide guy lol, it was all awesome.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game. Trashy R-rated half time show.
Remember when female singers used to sing? Now they dress like strippers, gyrate on poles, and grind on hip hop dudes. I can almost expect it from the young female singers, but Shakira and JLO are in their 40s and 50s, and are well established. They shouldn't have to resort to this.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when female singers used to sing? Now they dress like strippers, gyrate on poles, and grind on hip hop dudes. I can almost expect it from the young female singers, but Shakira and JLO are in their 40s and 50s, and are well established. They shouldn't have to resort to this.

I also remember when singers actually sang. Last good half time show was The Who.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Packerfanincarolin, which part of my post did you disagree with, or was it just a cowardly disagree and run? Was it the part about Shanahan pissing away leads? The part about the half time being trashy? Or the part about having my kids leave the room while the crotch shots were on display?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The fans in the stadium seemed to enjoy the show ?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I mean I loved them both, I just meant the halftime show as a whole was way better than Adam Levine's awful fail of a performance last year. Only thing I didn't really care for was when glasses dude came in a couple times there, but loved when that young girl got to go in and sing her thing there.

Honestly everything from the commercials to the "Take It To The House Kid" thing and that Tide guy lol, it was all awesome.
Young girl is jlo daughter?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw zero seconds of the halftime show. This super bowl was great for me. My wife had to turn the TV to see if it was on and it was just in time to see 6 seconds had ticked off the game clock and KC was breaking the huddle for their 1st offensive play of the game. At half time I went in our other room and played some Iron Maiden and The Eagles because they go well together, on the guitar. My son came in to tell me the game was back on and I went back and watched the game.

It was a pretty good game and this year especially, i've been tuning out almost everything surrounding the game and just watching the games. You'd be surprised how much ignoring all their fluff and BS can bring enjoyment back to a game i've loved for a long time.

Go figure 2 manufactured hip shakers could do little else but dress ******** and shake hips. I have never seen that before.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Chiefs Damien Williams should have won the games MVP? He seemed to have a much bigger impact on the game than Mahomes did. His only mistake was not getting down on the ground, instead of scoring that last TD. Chiefs would have run the clock out and still won by 4. Scoring the TD gave the 49'ers a bit more time on life support.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like the QB is the default MVP of whichever team wins. Mahomes played well later, played pretty poorly early. Missed a ton of passes, was loose with the ball etc. Put his team in a hole really.

Other people had some nice stuff, Kelce only had a few catches but they were big ones. Watkins had a pretty decent night. Williams as you said kept them in it and then sealed it. A few good performances, but nothing really exceptional and in those cases, QB's always get it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just more for Mahomes resume and new contract. The way the RB position seems to go, Williams might just be a fart in the wind in 3 years. I am sure an agent could tell you, but how many Millions did that MVP add to PM's new contract? It won't be long until Rodgers is middle of the pack in QB pay. :tup:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Chiefs Damien Williams should have won the games MVP? He seemed to have a much bigger impact on the game than Mahomes did. His only mistake was not getting down on the ground, instead of scoring that last TD. Chiefs would have run the clock out and still won by 4. Scoring the TD gave the 49'ers a bit more time on life support.

Yes I did, and not because I take anything away from Mahomes. I just think Williams was the biggest impact player of the game the way he kept fighting for yardage and making things happen. I do think the league has gotten away from fairness a bit in their Superbowl MVP evaluation unlike in the year Desmond Howard won it for us. He won it in that game instead of Favre for good reason even with Favre's tossing a couple TDs there.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young girl is jlo daughter?

I believe so, although there was actually a whole group of kids up there with her so ... Yeah.

I'm probably the contrarian here for liking the halftime show, but hey ... It's in Miami so it went right about on par for that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think what sticks in my craw more than anything is there were probably chief fans, and 49er fans too for that matter wouldn`t have been able to get a ticket to see their team play in a Superbowl, and yet the number of "Stars" that were there at the game was annoying. McCartney for one, Gerry Hall and Rupert Murdock another, sitting there stuffing their faces.
It`s like if we ever get to one and I got a ticket while some poor bugger who goes to numerous games each season couldn`t. It stinks.

Members online

Latest posts