Super Bowl LIV

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one predicting the Super Bowl yet? Thought I'd start a thread.

San Francisco is exactly the type of team that usually wins the Super Bowl, and all the reasoning I can muster tells me that they should win. However, I just have this gut feeling that the Chiefs will be able to outscore them, even though that seems against football logic to me.

If Mahomes does win, surely you have to think he has more Lombardi Trophies coming, yes? But people probably thought that about Aaron Rodgers when he won, so you never know if you're going to get another opportunity.

Can Andy Reid counter Kyle Shanahan and finally get his big win? I know I've thought a few times that I wish we would have hired Reid as head coach.

I like the way the roman numerals spell out "Liv". Makes it easy to remember lol.

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I gotta take the Chiefs just too much speed for SF, and Mahonnes is not going to wait to be sacked, 28-14 Chiefs..

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got to take the Niners, better coached and better allround team in my opinion. Chiefs, like us, will struggle mightily stopping the run. 31-27 Niners.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I THINK the 49ers will win because the organisation is better prepared, and as much as this will get a reaction, they have Richard Sherman. My heart wants the Chiefs to win for Andy Reid.
He deserves it for what he has done for the organisation.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, it's usually to be expected when you fall short of the big game, everyone here's still getting over it. But my two cents ...

Game isn't really being hyped a lot outside of the sports mediaverse, and I suspect the garbage bowl last year is still fresh on people's minds. And that's why I think this one will be the best seen since 2012. Top offense vs top defense, gonna be great.

Now there have been a few cases where the leading offense got smothered in these games. That would include 2002 Tampa Bay over Oakland, and 2013 Seattle over Denver. But the Chiefs have a few things going for them that those teams didn't. But here's where things get broken down -

QBs: Chiefs own this one by a mile, and as we saw with their last couple games, Mahomes looked like he was just heating up. And unlike the old men in Rich Gannon, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, he's a young gun who can also evade the rush, a huge asset in a game like this

RBs: Here's where San Francisco does have the edge. Sorry but I would have to take Mostert/Coleman/Breida over Williams/McCoy. This is no doubt the area that the 49ers are going to try and exploit the Chiefs with in ways that the Texans and Titans could not.

WRs: Chiefs own this area with Hill/Watkins/Hardman over Sanders/Samuel

TEs: About as dead even as you can get between Kelce and Kittle

OL: I give a slight edge to the Chiefs here but pretty even all around

Defense:. Well, as previously mentioned the 49ers have a lot more pieces and depth up there. The keys for the Chiefs will be asking DT Kris Jones to play a few more snaps than he usually does. The other X-factor for them will be Tyrann Mathieu. These guys have been their impact players.

Special Teams: Both pretty good but I think the Chiefs got it with Hardman being the game changer.

The storyline is ... Mahomes has been the man on fire. When a QB is on, he's on and won't be stopped, BUT ... He is facing his toughest challenge yet.

I predict if the Chiefs win, the yells from the draft offense fans are going to get very loud here. If the 49ers win, might be the other crowd getting louder lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict if the Chiefs win, the yells from the draft offense fans are going to get very loud here. If the 49ers win, might be the other crowd getting louder lol.
Now there's a real prediction!
I wonder if we would have hired MLF if McCarthy had been fired after this season instead of last. Last season everyone thought the Rams offense was all the rage. A little different story this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if we would have hired MLF if McCarthy had been fired after this season instead of last. Last season everyone thought the Rams offense was all the rage. A little different story this year.
It's funny, last year the joke was if McVay sneezed on you, you were qualified as a head coaching candidate in the NFL. This year? they didn't even make the playoffs with the same team and everyone is talking about stopping the run instead. What happened last is always freshest on people's minds. Fans can get away with that, but the FO needs to stay away from that mindset and keep big pictures in focus

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened last is always freshest on people's minds.
No doubt. All season long all you heard was how Lamar Jackson had changed the game of football forever, no one could stop him, and every team was going to need their own version of Lamar Jackson now. Then the Ravens lost in the playoffs and you hear nothing more about it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, there's way too many variables to speculate in this because ... Well we have no idea if we had passed up the opportunity last year if someone else hires LaFleur instead, or if McCarthy has another bad season or gets us this 13-3 record as well. Just too much speculation in there that I don't care to consider because I'm pretty happy with what is and not what could be.

I think last year the natives just got so restless to get rid of MM they just started looking for any shiny object that came their way without knowing anything about it. McVay and his staff obviously were the gold standard for various reasons, but his name wasn't the only one that kept getting floated around. All kinds of silly names like John DiFilippo, Jim Bob C, Freddy Kitchens, Brian Schottenheimer and of course that big clown Josh McDaniels kept on getting floated around here by people who knew nothing.

My prediction is based simply on the premise that personnel always trump's scheme, so if one wants a better offense, team's going to have to invest in some additional talent to add to Adams, Lazard and A Jones.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt. All season long all you heard was how Lamar Jackson had changed the game of football forever, no one could stop him, and every team was going to need their own version of Lamar Jackson now. Then the Ravens lost in the playoffs and you hear nothing more about it.

I'm certain his media headlines will start up again once the Superbowl is over. They just aren't going to spend time talking about that when you got the big game to analyze now. I will say though that the narrative might shift soon enough to his playoff winning abilities or lack thereof.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Chiefs win in an exciting game. They have a lot of offensive weapons(I think Kelce has a big game),and on defense they can sell out to defend the run like they did against the Titans and make Jimmy G beat them. I hope Andy gets his ring and Chiefs win it,38-30

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want KC but for I think SF does it. But I think it is one of the better SuperBowls to watch.

I really don't even know what to expect. Each defense will have their poison to pick from.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Would not mind watching the 9'ers fans get their bandwagonning hearts broken but ... My gut says the Chiefs get shut down.

Flavor of the day offensive schemes usually don't fare well against solid, borderline dirty, defenses.

Reaction score
My personal wish is that KC breaks their 50 year slump. However I think this SF Defense can match the speed of what we saw KC’s Offense has.

I think ultimately they are pretty evenly matched. I have the KC Offense as a very slight edge over 49ers Offense, but I have the 49ers Defense as a slight edge over the KC Defense. So that said, I like the tie breaker going to the better Defense.

I’ll take The NFC 49ers

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flavor of the day offensive schemes usually don't fare well against solid, borderline dirty, defenses.
That's what my head keeps saying, to say nothing of the way the 49ers run the ball.
But some part of my says KC will score just enough to win.
We did put 20 on them, but they were pretty much all garbage time points.

I hate the 49ers. That’s why :)
I've never hated the 49ers as much as certain other teams (Cowboys, Seahawks, division rivals). But I am getting pretty sick of getting eliminated from the playoffs by them. If this keeps up I'll probably end up hating them.

I'd rather see the Chiefs win, SF already has five Lombardis, they don't need another one.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I only hope that the officials stay mostly invisible, kinda hard to believe that the head official for the SB was the same official that blew the Saints Rams call, WOW what a promotion...

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

San Francisco is exactly the type of team that usually wins the Super Bowl, and all the reasoning I can muster tells me that they should win. However, I just have this gut feeling that the Chiefs will be able to outscore them, even though that seems against football logic to me.

If Mahomes does win, surely you have to think he has more Lombardi Trophies coming, yes? But people probably thought that about Aaron Rodgers when he won, so you never know if you're going to get another opportunity.

Can Andy Reid counter Kyle Shanahan and finally get his big win? I know I've thought a few times that I wish we would have hired Reid as head coach.

I like the way the roman numerals spell out "Liv". Makes it easy to remember lol.
This is a tough one because the styles are so different. Giving Reid 2 weeks to prepare is dangerous for any opponent. Both teams have speed. One passes more than the other. I think on offense the 9ers will try and do what they did to us. Only problem is you cannot get predictable with Spagnola. Reid will have plays designed to draw the 9ers aggressive pursuit and turn the play in their rear view mirror. He has the players to do it. The Packers did not. This one I just cannot tell.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I must say is ...

SUCK IT PATS YOU BOSTON LOSERS DIDN'T MAKE IT!!!

I'll go on another prediction that it will be 40 years between the time Brady retires and the next SB win for those overrated suckas

There ... Now GO CHIEFS!!

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go on another prediction that it will be 40 years between the time Brady retires and the next SB win for those overrated suckas
I hope you're right, but I'm actually curious to see if Belichick can build another Super Bowl winner after Brady retires.

Seems odd to call them LOSERS though considering all the success they've had over the past 18 years. Talk about a case of "what have you done for me lately?". You see that more in sports than anywhere, IMO.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that the 49ers lost the Super Bowl, because teams that lose the Super Bowl often suffer a "hangover" the following year. I hope that's the case here, especially since we play SF next year.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved this game, even though we weren't in it it was a great game.

The offense of the Chiefs took control, Mahomes got his, and most importantly so did ex Packer OC Andy Reid!!

Awesome Superbowl everything was better from

Take It To The House Kid

To especially the halftime show

This year's was way better than that s--t show put on by Maroon 5 last year. J-Lo smoked em hands down.

Well, take note Gute, offense rules the league. Now let's get Rodgers one more next season!!! Wooohoooo!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Where are all the negative Nancy's in chat that said at 20 to 10 it was over?..

Members online

Latest posts