Super Bowl 49 prediction

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Don't care, won't be watching the game. I hate both teams. Anyway both could lose?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stay classy GB fans.

I'm picking the Patriots for a couple of reasons: they have the kind of offense to be effective. A power running game with LaGarette Blount, the best TE in football in Gronk -- I wanna see Kam Chancellor try to go Bam-Bam on Gronk (unless he blind-sides him of course). Seattle may have the best secondary in the league, but the Pats can go over the middle all day with Gronk.

Also, Seattle doesn't have a great pass rush and I believe that Brady will have enough time. He likes to **** and dunk and that's what I expect here: lots of Garrett Blount, short passes to the receivers, Gronk over the middle, and then Brady might catch them if the Safeties start cheating up.

Defensively, Pats are good enough. Good secondary, good LB crew and WIlfork in the middle should slow down the running game a bit, enough for the Pats to win.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seattle has sold out the stadium for 10+ years, not something I think is done by just casual fans

Honestly haven't almost ALL NFL games sold out pretty regularly for the last 10 years? Like I said, I was a season ticket holder off and on for several years post 2006. I think the year after they lost the Super Bowl there was a short waiting list, but other than that, any Tom **** or Harry who wanted season tickets could just walk up to the window and buy them. I'm sure that's not the case now, but in a few years...

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The butthurt in this thread is amazing. So our team choked. Get over it. Are you telling me you are not gonna watch the Superbowl because GB isn't there and Seattle is. LOL WTF kind of loser mentality is this. You should be a football fan first and foremost regardless who plays in the end.

Why?

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
The butthurt in this thread is amazing. So our team choked. Get over it. Are you telling me you are not gonna watch the Superbowl because GB isn't there and Seattle is. LOL WTF kind of loser mentality is this. You should be a football fan first and foremost regardless who plays in the end.

No, I'm teling you I'm not going to watch it because I hate Brady and Bellicheat and I hate Sherman and Carroll. I just don't give a rats *** who wins this game. Got nothing to do with the Packers, if Seattle had beaten Dallas to get in the SB I still wouldn't watch it.

BTW son, don't tell me how I should be a "football fan" I've been following this team since 1964.

Reaction score
How about you meet me at Rae Park in a couple months and we'll hit the links to get your mind off of it?

Hey GoPGo! I'm happy to continue to see more and more Packer fans each year everywhere I go in the Terre Haute area. Always good to see the number on the rise! I'm going to ask around and try to find out if there is a Packer
Fan Club in our area that I may not know of and if they get together to watch games. I'll give you a "shout out" if I receive some positive feedback.

Yeah, :cry: I've settled down some since that Sunday debacle and accepted the agony that goes with defeat. Hell, the bruises on my wife's face are now starting to fade and I have removed the Suicide Hotline number from the speed dial. Thanks for the invite to knock around some dimpled ones, but this "chopper" gave up that frustrating game about 25 years ago. I probably shanked enough bags of balls into the enchanted forest surrounding Hulman Links in one day to last a decent golfer a lifetime. Tell ya' what though. Draw some mug shots of Seascums players and their big headed cocky conceded gum chewing coach on those golf balls and I just might come out of retirement.

If you frequent Rae Park, you have to know a buddy of mine, Teddy "Duke" Schneider. He practically lives there. We worked together for over 30 years at the Post Office and had a lot of laughs and good times. He's quite a character and a pretty damn good steady golfer, too. You happen to run into him, tell him "Big Slam" said if Tom "Clappy" Crean would wear a belt, he wouldn't have to worry about always having to tug and pull on his pants while he constantly paces the sidelines and then maybe he could finally focus on how to attack a zone defense (e.g., Syracuse). No, "Duke's" a good guy! We used to go to a lot of IU basketball games back in the 80's.

Don't play golf anymore, but with no reason to watch football, now, I'm cleaning up the fishing gear and am anxious for spring to arrive, my friend. Bus as usual, I will be pumped up for the draft and even more so this year. We desperately need to address our deficiencies and resolve the obvious problems. I'm anticipating a Packer team who should be chomping at the bit to approach the upcoming season with a "foot on the throat" killer instinct attitude and demonstrate it on the field. Damn good talented Packer team who just needed to get out of their own way last Sunday, otherwise, we're going for #5 in the SB next Sunday. Damn shame!:mad:

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey GoPGo! I'm happy to continue to see more and more Packer fans each year everywhere I go in the Terre Haute area. Always good to see the number on the rise! I'm going to ask around and try to find out if there is a Packer
Fan Club in our area that I may not know of and if they get together to watch games. I'll give you a "shout out" if I receive some positive feedback.

Yeah, :cry: I've settled down some since that Sunday debacle and accepted the agony that goes with defeat. Hell, the bruises on my wife's face are now starting to fade and I have removed the Suicide Hotline number from the speed dial. Thanks for the invite to knock around some dimpled ones, but this "chopper" gave up that frustrating game about 25 years ago. I probably shanked enough bags of balls into the enchanted forest surrounding Hulman Links in one day to last a decent golfer a lifetime. Tell ya' what though. Draw some mug shots of Seascums players and their big headed cocky conceded gum chewing coach on those golf balls and I just might come out of retirement.

If you frequent Rae Park, you have to know a buddy of mine, Teddy "Duke" Schneider. He practically lives there. We worked together for over 30 years at the Post Office and had a lot of laughs and good times. He's quite a character and a pretty damn good steady golfer, too. You happen to run into him, tell him "Big Slam" said if Tom "Clappy" Crean would wear a belt, he wouldn't have to worry about always having to tug and pull on his pants while he constantly paces the sidelines and then maybe he could finally focus on how to attack a zone defense (e.g., Syracuse). No, "Duke's" a good guy! We used to go to a lot of IU basketball games back in the 80's.

Don't play golf anymore, but with no reason to watch football, now, I'm cleaning up the fishing gear and am anxious for spring to arrive, my friend. Bus as usual, I will be pumped up for the draft and even more so this year. We desperately need to address our deficiencies and resolve the obvious problems. I'm anticipating a Packer team who should be chomping at the bit to approach the upcoming season with a "foot on the throat" killer instinct attitude and demonstrate it on the field. Damn good talented Packer team who just needed to get out of their own way last Sunday, otherwise, we're going for #5 in the SB next Sunday. Damn shame!:mad:
all well said

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't really care who is in the game this year. Won't pay much attention to it. Will be @ my brothers cave. 4-stall garage, large wood-fired stove, 42"+ TV in every corner piped through a sound system. Cases of beer out the side door in a large snowbank, men's room out the back door past his camper (face away from it.) Several Nescos with hot sandwhich meats - venison, beef, turkey, ham. Large salad bar for munching. Plates of sliced cheese and crackers, sausages. Bags of chips and peanuts, don't worry about the floor. 3-4 tables of 5 player sheepshead. One hardcore crack and blitz the others more friendly. Each table with a bottle of something hard and nasty for shots. About midnight my DD will show up after work to drive me home and tuck me in while being able to keep her virtue intact. I already have the next day off of work.

Reaction score
I agree with someone above. Our loss to Seattle was like breaking up with a girlfriend that was great friend but not the right one. and it's still a fresh wound with me. I guess every rose has its thorn
Patriots 31 Seattle 23
The "Got Milk" and "I wanna be like Mike" of the 1990s is now...
Got Gronk?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Seattle.

Because it keeps NE off our tails for #5. I want to get #5 before they do and even the Giants.

First off, the Green Bay Packers have 13 ... not 4. Quoting the number of 'Super Bowl' trophies is solely the domain of fans of expansion franchises. Not fans of the Green Bay Packers.

I'm pulling for the Patriots.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

Being a sore loser is one thing...but who cares if you don't watch the super bowl. I mean just cause you're a Packer fan doesn't mean you have to be a football fan first and foremost. I know plenty of people who are passionate dedicated fans of teams who don't pay much attention if their team isn't in the post-season. I agree with most of your post but saying you should be a general football fan above all else is where you lost me.

Jim Zielasko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Though I don't give one iota of a crap about either of these teams, I think if SEA plays like they did against GB, they lose...no way they're gonna get a SB victory with the lucky garbage they pulled off against the Packers...."

2 in a row of their worst game in over three years?????? I have SERIOUS doubts that could happen but ya never know eh? I have been a Packer Fan since Lombardi,(1964) and a Seachicken Since they were just THAT.( 1977) Go Hawks!!
I still cannot believe we won that game but WTH it happened. I would be backing the Packers over the Underinflatriots next week if our roles were reversed.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fail to see any correlation whatsoever between not wanting to watch the Superbowl after that loss and being "butthurt" or any other childish word someone might care to use.

Jim Zielasko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually found it on Snowest forum.....
Default Found this on Craigslist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You Seattle from a Packer Fan - 55 (Orlando)
First of all what a great game yesterday. Both teams had their ups and downs and as a Packer fan I must say the end was not what I expected. The reason I am posting today is to let others know of the kindness shared to my 10 year old son by a 12 year old girl from Seattle at the game . My son lost his best friend in the world last week after a short illness. He grew up with Boo from about one year old. Boo was my sons dog, his best friend, the one who played with him, shared most all home meals with him and loved him no matter what. About 3 months ago Boo was just not himself and after a vet visit we all learned his time on earth was very short. Well Boo went to dog heaven last week and my son knew for the first time in his short life the feeling of losing someone you love. I was lost as how to help him heal , and out of no where a dear friend offered us two tickets to the game in Seattle. I got the tickets, bought the plane tickets and called a friend of mine in Seattle to see if we could bunk for the weekend. All was ready so I told my son. He was very excited and for a minute seemed to be doing better. Off we went and boy what a great time we had. Seattle is such a wonderful city and to see our much loved Packers play could it get any better. Sunday arrived and off we went to the game. Great seats, loud, exciting, nothing better then this I thought. We were seated next to a large family of Seattle fans so what joy we were having kidding them as our Packers run off to a lead. My son was sitting right next to a young girl of 12. They talked and seemed to be having a great time. Well we all know that the Packers played a great game but a win was not to be had. After Seattle scored in overtime I noticed the young girl was crying and still sitting in her seat. Her father talked to her and gave her a hug. When we were leaving I asked the father if the girl was crying for joy by the win and to my shock he told me no, she was crying because she wanted the Packers to win because she knew my son had lost his bog and she thought he needed this more then she did. I kept this to myself on the flight home. While my son was having our dinner meal he looked at me and said he was glad that Seattle had won. I was surprised and ask him why. He looked at me and told me the girl sitting next to him had lost her cat to a bog attack only the day before and he wanted her to have something to help her feel better. Football will never be the same to me. So Thank You Seattle for the great game, and Thank You God for putting so mush love for others to these two young people. Wishing Seattle only the very best but know the Pack Will Be Back!!!!!!!!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4853438294 posted: 5 days ago updated: 5 days ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Patriots win so I can watch Goodell squirm as he hands the Lombardi Trophy to a team that is embroiled in a cheating scandal.
Perhaps the NFL will ensure that that scene doesn't happen.

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you ain't watching the SB then its your loss. You could be missing out on a great game for all you know. It's just a game. I don't get this drama at all. Stop acting like a moody chick. This "omg I hate the (insert team) so much.. Oh my G!! Oh my G!! I can't stand them! Oh my G...I'm gonna turn off the TV and pout in the corner because GB isn't in the SB" attitude is laughable. Hahaha.

Slayer Dude

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict the balls are not under inflated and Brady has a rougher time throwing the ball.

27-20 Seattle.

Remember, the Patriots only scored 17 points using deflated balls. Then they scored 28 points using properly inflated balls.... be careful what you ask for lol

Slayer Dude

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you ain't watching the SB then its your loss. You could be missing out on a great game for all you know. It's just a game. I don't get this drama at all. Stop acting like a moody chick. This "omg I hate the (insert team) so much.. Oh my G!! Oh my G!! I can't stand them! Oh my G...I'm gonna turn off the TV and pout in the corner because GB isn't in the SB" attitude is laughable. Hahaha.

Exactly! I watch all Superbowls when I can. Even though my team isn't playing in it. Football is still an exciting sport.

Jim Zielasko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go Hawks!!

Attachments

• Brady.jpg
    Brady.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 91

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict I'll be watching Super Bowl DVD's I bought off of Amazon all day instead of watching these two wretched teams play for a championship.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
seattle has sold out the stadium for 10+ years, not something I think is done by just casual fans

LT, that may well be true but you really need to be here to experience it. Once upon a time, I had Seahawks season tickets (just because I liked going to pro games)...those old fans were mostly pretty cool.

Even when Holmgren was here and they enjoyed some success, they weren't the yappy, arrogant, obnoxious reflection of their coaching staff/players.

Now, you can't turn around without a two-foot 12 in your face from a flag or a jersey or a window cling. It's impossible to get away from it. It NEVER used to be that way, and discussion with these people reveals how little they know about the game, or playoff seeding, or other things everybody knows. They can barely tell you their own history, and don't recognize names like Largent or Krieg.

But they will chase you down in a store to make sure you realize your team is about to be humiliated by the greatest franchise in NFL history.

A walk around my neighborhood was eerily quiet tonight. Can't say I minded. :laugh:

Members online

Latest posts