sunday night football

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone here catch the patriots/jets game?

Wow was that a dominating performance by Brady and Co... particulary the defense.

If the patriots play like this EVERY GAME, i see no team in the AFC beating them. Patriots/packers MIGHT just happen after all!

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Sanchez is pretty much terrible. Yes, the Pats scored a lot of points tonight, but I'd like to see the defense do it again against a top QB before I crown them. Not like the Packers D is playing much better, just sayin..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to cheer for Cindy Brady, Bill Bellacheat and the rest of the Cheaters.
Especially when that same team was caught cheating against my Packers.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Sanchez is pretty much terrible. Yes, the Pats scored a lot of points tonight, but I'd like to see the defense do it again against a top QB before I crown them. Not like the Packers D is playing much better, just sayin..
not saying that the patriots are >> packers (not close actually). Just that i would LOVE to watch a game between brady/rodgers... high offensive power houses going at each other.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
not saying that the patriots are >> packers (not close actually). Just that i would LOVE to watch a game between brady/rodgers... high offensive power houses going at each other.

Why would you want to play GB in the SB if you want the Pats there? Honestly. I would be scared ****less of Rodgers against that secondary with all his weapons. I also think Clay Matthews is exactly the sort of guy who could give your o OTs fits a la Freeney/Mathis indoors.

You should pray for a lesser team if the Pats get there to have the better shot. When the Colts made the SB I was cheering for the Vikings over the Saints. I liked our chances better vs. another QB who throws picks.:mad: Peyton vs. Favre could have been a hoot.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would you want to play GB in the SB if you want the Pats there? Honestly. I would be scared ****less of Rodgers against that secondary with all his weapons. I also think Clay Matthews is exactly the sort of guy who could give your o OTs fits a la Freeney/Mathis indoors.

You should pray for a lesser team if the Pats get there to have the better shot. When the Colts made the SB I was cheering for the Vikings over the Saints. I liked our chances better vs. another QB who throws picks.:mad: Peyton vs. Favre could have been a hoot.
As much as i would love the patriots (and brady) to win the superbowl.. i am first and foremost a FOOTBALL FAN. I believe if the patriots play to their full potential... and packers play to their full potential.... that would be a game for the ages.

Both teams have good/great offenses.... both of the teams defense although not the best, can get stops when needed. And both teams have good coaches.

I mean sure i would love for the patriots to play an inferior team in the SB (like the falcons :D), but as a football fan, what is the fun in that?

I think steelers/packers would also make for a great game (like last year). But i do think brady and co. would be up for the challenge against the packers. Just my two cents obviously

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
yea i have been quite busy unfortunately. I am amped for the packers game tommorow!

Yeah this waiting sucks.......

Pats looked good tonight on offense. Interesting though, I thought at times for sure last year the Jets had your number a bit. I think the Pats have figured them out.

I still think the Jets can make the playoffs though depending on Cincy or someone else like Bills/Titans/AFC West yuck.

Texans/Steelers/Ravens/Pats/Jets/Raiders

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
As much as i would love the patriots (and brady) to win the superbowl.. i am first and foremost a FOOTBALL FAN. I believe if the patriots play to their full potential... and packers play to their full potential.... that would be a game for the ages.

Both teams have good/great offenses.... both of the teams defense although not the best, can get stops when needed. And both teams have good coaches.

I mean sure i would love for the patriots to play an inferior team in the SB (like the falcons :D), but as a football fan, what is the fun in that?

I think steelers/packers would also make for a great game (like last year). But i do think brady and co. would be up for the challenge against the packers. Just my two cents obviously

I agree. The QB showdown would be fun.

I am glad you want the biggest challenge though. I often have wussed out in the past.:cautious:

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The QB showdown would be fun.

I am glad you want the biggest challenge though. I often have wussed out in the past.:cautious:

Nothing is sweet than victory when you have to face huge obstacles. Take the packers last year... they went into everybody's houses and won. I am sure a-rod prefers the challenge and competition.

I will give you another example. I am a huge fan of tennis as well, and my favorite tennis player is roger federer. Do i want federer to win more grand slams? Of course! But nothing would make me happier than him defeating rafael nadal in grand slam again, or defeating the best player now (djokovic).

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Best move the Pats might have made all season is dumping Haynesworth. He is a bum. Now Tampa Bay is stuck with him, by their own choice. Never got why NE signed him in the first place.

Not sure how many decent QBs the Pats play the rest of the year but they have had a tendency in the past to make some lesser QBs look like pro bowlers. Something to watch for.
Rivers/Ben/Eli were the best the Pats played this year. Too bad you did not play the Raiders with Carson, I would have liked to have seen that game but maybe in the playoffs.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Best move the Pats might have made all season is dumping Haynesworth. He is a bum. Now Tampa Bay is stuck with him, by their own choice. Never got why NE signed him in the first place.

Not sure how many decent QBs the Pats play the rest of the year but they have had a tendency in the past to make some lesser QBs look like pro bowlers. Something to watch for.
Rivers/Ben/Eli were the best the Pats played this year. Too bad you did not play the Raiders with Carson, I would have liked to have seen that game but maybe in the playoffs.
The pats have the easiest schedule the rest of the year. I think they play one i mean ONE team over .500

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The pats have the easiest schedule the rest of the year. I think they play one i mean ONE team over .500

I like the GB schedule for the rest of the year. The Pack will have some real challenges to test them. No need to go into the playoffs soft.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I like the GB schedule for the rest of the year. The Pack will have some real challenges to test them. No need to go into the playoffs soft.
I think that the D will shape up tomorrow and then teams will be really scared....also there will be no more stupid threads from soft packer fans talking shat about the D

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score

rivers/ben/eli aren't too shabby of quarterbacks though, right? Eli playing his best football of the year as well

LOLions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's just the jets, dude. sanchez is probably the worst starting QB in the league.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
it's just the jets, dude. sanchez is probably the worst starting QB in the league.

Pats have some scrubs in their secondary and the Jets are not exactly lacking in offensive talent either. I am shocked at times in how bad Sanchez looked.

Maybe the Jets should jump in the Luck auction on draft day? Colts either take Luck or give him to the highest bidder. Hey, like him or not Luck is the most highly regarded college QB prospect since Elway/Manning.

The draft will be delicious next year. The Colts will pick first and the Packers last.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
last time i remember... the jets probably gave green bay packers and aaron rodgers the most difficult time in the past year and a half...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
last time i remember... the jets probably gave green bay packers and aaron rodgers the most difficult time in the past year and a half...

Yeah cause that matters now. A year and a half ago and all, a year and a half ago the Colts gave most teams a tough game too and the Niners were junk.

I feel like you and the Niners fan want people here to praise your team or something. Both your teams are good. Happy?

Members online

Latest posts