Studs n Duds Eagles vs Packers:O Rodgers where art thou

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Boykin great game performance. Hes really coming into his own.

Lacy another great Running day by Lacy. He has been great. Finally got a great running game. He can find holes where there are holes and hits them hard. Game changer for sure

Duds Everyone else.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds is where you have to start. C'mon Tramon it's a big game and we are down short and you can't intercept the ball? WTF.

Crosby you can't kick under adverse conditions.

Newhouse well what do you expect.

Injuries. more

Dom...you got to go!!

Studs. Got to give it to Lacy.

Tolizen respectable despite no preparation.

My man Boykin from VA Tech.

I'm :sick: over this loss and the calamity the Packers have faced this season.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
Lacy:
Not great, but did quite well up until the O-line was decimated and any resemblance of a "hole" disappeared. Losing EDS, then Barclay just killed our run game altogether. Every time Lacy touched the ball, he was running against a wall of unblocked defenders, it seemed. Yet, he still usually got a few yards each touch.

Tolzien: Ok, maybe not exactly "Stud" category, but he deserves some mention for coming in and actually moving the chains all game long. He needs to learn from Rodgers how to avoid taking stupid Favre-like risks, but I think he did quite well and hope that he gets the start next week over Wallace, who simply doesn't get anyone excited. Tolzien put the Packers in position to score a total of 27 points, had Jones and Nelson made those catches and Missing Crosby made both of the misses. 27 points for his first game on short notice = not bad at all and should be enough to win against most teams (assuming the defence is average or better).

Duds
Crosby:
Playing with a rookie 3rd string QB, every point is precious. Crosby = BIG DUD for missing two field goals and leaving six points off the board. Idiot. I have grown to HATE how he looks at the field goal posts after a miss with this stupid grin on his face.

J. Jones: Dude, haven't you ever practiced that cool drill that ALL WRs practice since the time they were six years old? Get that second foot down in bounds! Rather than placing his foot as far in-bounds as possible and falling to the turf as a result, he placed his foot where he needed in order to not fall down. Unfortunately, it erased seven points off the board. But, I guess it kept his jersey clean...

Nelson: Ok, not a dud. He had some nice catches. But, as one of our only playmakers left healthy, he needed to make that key 4th down catch in the endzone. It was a difficult catch, no doubt... but, it was very catchable. A big seven points left off the board. That single play could have turned the game around. We needed a playmaker on THIS play. But, we didn't get one.

The entire defensive unit: Gave up huge plays and 27 points in only 15 minutes of game time (not including that last 9 minute+ drive where the Eagles were just trying to kill some time, but kept "falling forward" for 9-15 yard gains). This defense would have given up 50 points had the offense not dominated the time clock throughout the bulk of the game. They, as a unit, were horrible. The last Eagles drive was just horrible. Fact is, I even said to my daughter as the Eagles started this drive with 9+ minutes left. I said, "I bet we don't even get the ball back." I was mostly joking as I was upset that the Nelson-non-catch challenge was upheld. Turns out I was a fricking prophet!

Capers: Yeah, I know... It's the players, not the plays. I agree with this. But, his unit is failing game after game in making the stops when necessary and the buck stops with him, IMO. If I was McCarthy, I would FORCE Capers to be on the sidelines during the game. Just to see if it makes a difference.

Neal: He is just not very good. Doesn't hold the edge. Not a good tackler. He missed an easy tackle that would have given the ball back to the Packers during that last marathon Eagles drive. He wasn't juked by a great move or anything. He just wasn't quick enough to make a play when it was his turn. He's. Just. Not. Very. Good.

B. Jones: I didn't even realize he was playing until he got injured. Again. Low impact player. Hardly even notice when he is in versus when he is injured (which is pretty much every other game).

Perry: Great to have him back, eh? (sarcasm) Did anyone notice that he was back? I didn't. Neither did the Eagles QB.

MD Jennings: Horrible angle on that lame-duck-pass that was caught for an Eagles TD. Even though he was clearly in the best position for receiving that terrible throw, he took the wrong angle and ended up blocking the CB from making a play. As a result, the Eagles player was all alone for a slow-motion grab and roll into the endzone. The Packers looked like a couple of Keystone cops out there.

T Williams and Burnett: Another Keystone cop moment when both went for the easy INT on a "up for grabs" throw, collided and fell to the ground while the Eagles caught the deflection for a TD. Lack of teamwork, communication and (quite frankly) skill was showcased on this single play.

T Williams (again): He was so bad, he deserves a second mention. I wonder-- if someone throws him the ball on the sidelines, will he catch it? When was his last INT? Has it been years? Ok, probably not, but Williams continually does not make the play. Never. In addition to his Keystone cop moment above, he could have stopped the TE on a catch and run well before the 1st down on a key 3rd down play. But, rather than play it safe and protect the first down line, he went aggressive with the tackle and whiffed. I don't think Williams is very game smart. Or, unfortunately, talented enough to overcome his basic lack of playing intelligence.

Overall, bad game. Poor performances against a middle-of-the-group team in our own stadium.

Last edited:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It can't be said the Packers lost this one because of Aaron Rodgers' injury. Rodgers doesnt play defense. Since the end of the Minnesota game two weeks ago the Packer defense has gone back to its old meek and confused way of playing that we saw for the past two seasons. Can't get off blocks, tackle backs, cover receivers, rush a quarterback or force any turnovers. Maybe it will soon be time to stop letting Dom Capers rest on the laurels of 2010 if this keeps up the rest of the way.

The offense did most of what it needed to to win this one. They ran the ball, until the end had a huge time of possession advantage. But they left at least 20 points on the field on the two missed field goals, the end zone interception and the failure to cash in on the Foles' fumble in the fourth quarter. That may be the area where we can say Rodgers would have made the difference.

However, before we start sounding taps on the season, remember the threshold for playoff elimination is 7 losses so there's still some room to recover. But if the defense can't get any better against Eli Manning and Adrian Peterson the next two weeks it may be too late by the time Aaron Rodgers returns.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
STUDS:1 TT for conning the packer organization that he is a man who brings in talent, selects highly trained coaching staffs, and corrects personel problems in building a team, WOW fooled everybody…2 Dom Capers for fooling everyone in the packer organization that he knew DEFENSE... 3 OFFICIALS you replacement refs are Da bomb somehow you convinced us all that you were fired……
DUDS:this is too easy 1 )DB,s can can we use tight ends to play that position 2)tackling coach oops don,t have one 3)Replay officials (this should be left to the Packer Posters)4) MM 3 scores down still running the ball?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Duds is where you have to start. C'mon Tramon it's a big game and we are down short and you can't intercept the ball? WTF.

Crosby you can't kick under adverse conditions.

Newhouse well what do you expect.

Injuries. more

Dom...you got to go!!

Studs. Got to give it to Lacy.

Tolizen respectable despite no preparation.

My man Boykin from VA Tech.

I'm :sick: over this loss and the calamity the Packers have faced this season.
I think when MM looked up at the clock after the first down with 4 min left, told the story on the remainder of the seasons.. hope I am wrong but that look said it all...

PFanCan

Reaction score
I'm just tired of losing because we can't field a competitive team because of injuries. :(

I just laugh now. What else can one do?

EDS, Barclay, Jolly, Hayward and Wallace all left the game. B. Jones, too, but I think he returned (not that it made any difference).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A dud you all missed:

Andrew Quarless. Again.

On a drive still in the 1st quarter with us down 7-0, he caught a wide open pass on about 3rd & 7, and had space to get the first down.
Here came a QB towards him towards the sideline.

He should have easily gotten to the sticks but he took the p*ssy way out, and came up a yard short, causing us to punt the ball away and continue to have bad field position.

Also, you guys have clearly mentioned Tramon Williams, deservedly so.
But Morgan Burnett was atrocious. He knocked the ball away from Tramon on that first luckyass touchdown bomb to Desean Jackson.
And he turned himself around on the one long touchdown to Riley Cooper. He's been awful, and keeps reminding us all how great and how much we miss Nick Collins. Who was lost to.... what else, injury.

Seneca Wallace is a king dud too.
Toughen it out, play.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
A dud you all missed:

Andrew Quarless. Again.

On a drive still in the 1st quarter with us down 7-0, he caught a wide open pass on about 3rd & 7, and had space to get the first down.
Here came a QB towards him towards the sideline.

He should have easily gotten to the sticks but he took the p*ssy way out, and came up a yard short, causing us to punt the ball away and continue to have bad field position.

Also, you guys have clearly mentioned Tramon Williams, deservedly so.
But Morgan Burnett was atrocious. He knocked the ball away from Tramon on that first luckyass touchdown bomb to Desean Jackson.
And he turned himself around on the one long touchdown to Riley Cooper. He's been awful, and keeps reminding us all how great and how much we miss Nick Collins. Who was lost to.... what else, injury.

Seneca Wallace is a king dud too.
Toughen it out, play.

Yea Wallace should of toughed it out of the Injury was not severe enough. Wallace should take some Lessons from Favre about being Tough as nails. Favre always found a way to work though the pain.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds

Nelson: Ok, not a dud. He had some nice catches. But, as one of our only playmakers left healthy, he needed to make that key 4th down catch in the endzone. It was a difficult catch, no doubt... but, it was very catchable. A big seven points left off the board. That single play could have turned the game around. We needed a playmaker on THIS play. But, we didn't get one.
Here's the photo of this one big play you were referring to.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And here's the real Mason Crosby back, in a game where we needed every point, especially early.

Here's the killer play of all, well offensively. Throw it further outside please.... to the sideline.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
Crosby:
Playing with a rookie 3rd string QB, every point is precious. Crosby = BIG DUD for missing two field goals and leaving six points off the board. Idiot. I have grown to HATE how he looks at the field goal posts after a miss with this stupid grin on his face.

Henery missed a midrange FG too. If you watch the second miss a big gust of wind hit right after the kick was away. Keep in mind those little flags on the uprights have 4 oz. weights in them, so when they really start flying, that's a pretty big gust.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Henery missed a midrange FG too. If you watch the second miss a big gust of wind hit right after the kick was away. Keep in mind those little flags on the uprights have 4 oz. weights in them, so when they really start flying, that's a pretty big gust.
So is Missing Crosby a stud to you, or just not a dud?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So is Missing Crosby a stud to you, or just not a dud?
The latter. And his name is Mason. Not sure why it's impossible to have normal discussions on this forum without childish names being thrown around. I'd like to think that stuff belongs in 3rd grade.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always an excuse?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The forgotten STUD - Datone Jones. 2 Sacks. 2 TFLs. 2 QB Hits. Not too shabby.

Last edited:

PFanCan

Reaction score
The latter. And his name is Mason. Not sure why it's impossible to have normal discussions on this forum without childish names being thrown around. I'd like to think that stuff belongs in 3rd grade.

That's your opinion, which is fine with me. I think the use of "Missin" is funny. And I am considerably older and more mature than a 3rd grader.

I noticed that you have the words "Jesus hates the Bears" in your sig. I presume you did that because you think it's funny. Do you think that everyone would think that this statement is funny and acceptable? Hmmm.

But, go ahead... Throw stones!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's your opinion, which is fine with me. I think the use of "Missin" is funny. And I am considerably older and more mature than a 3rd grader.

I noticed that you have the words "Jesus hates the Bears" in your sig. I presume you did that because you think it's funny. Do you think that everyone would think that this statement is funny and acceptable? Hmmm.

But, go ahead... Throw stones!
BINGO.....

I noticed that same thing, and also noticed this poster likes to make accusations of others who don't follow the company line 100%, dare question anything.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: the cool people we hung out with on our first eer trrip to Green Bay. They made us feel welcome and the atmosphere was surreal. The look on my face when i saw Lambeau and went inside was priceless. Ill Never forget that feeling.

Duds: the players! All of em! Nobody gets a pass! Making me drive 23hrs to Greenbay non stoptrue from Texas and then looking like an 0-8 team! Ugh. If not for the great experience i would never go back!

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: the cool people we hung out with on our first eer trrip to Green Bay. They made us feel welcome and the atmosphere was surreal. The look on my face when i saw Lambeau and went inside was priceless. Ill Never forget that feeling.

Duds: the players! All of em! Nobody gets a pass! Making me drive 23hrs to Greenbay non stoptrue from Texas and then looking like an 0-8 team! Ugh. If not for the great experience i would never go back!

Rodell - It was awesome meeting you and everyone else there - we all had a great time, until that one dude skipped out on his $77 bar tab. That's BS. Plus, my wife was super pissed that he called her a FIB, lol. I had to calm her down after that, not cool.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell - It was awesome meeting you and everyone else there - we all had a great time, until that one dude skipped out on his $77 bar tab
That's BS. Plus, my wife was super pissed that he called her a FIB, lol. I had to calm her down after that, not cool.

Lol Beau will pay it im sure. Yea we enjoyed you and your wife alot and glad to have met ya..we wanna get to Chitown- soon for a Bears vs Packers game hopefully we can get together again!

Members online

Latest posts