Studs and Duds: The Beatdown

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And Kapernick was not afraid to get the first downs when he knew he needed a few yards A-ROD hold s the ball to DAMN long.......He has more faith in his O'Line than I ever would dream of...

Not tonight..rodgers was dumping and not scrambling for once..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, he did stop running the ball. I suppose that's an adjustment.

I ALWAYS hear how Mm never makes adjustments..Yet with out being an insider, how do they know?

Could be as simple as what packages are in for certain down and yardages..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Not tonight..rodgers was dumping and not scrambling for once..
I would like to ask your opinion LTF after the packers gave up a 4th and 22 against Philly the D cord was fired should Capers get the same treatment after this game,and what do U think about hiring the 49ers LB coach for that spot..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to ask your opinion LTF after the packers gave up a 4th and 22 against Philly the D cord was fired should Capers get the same treatment after this game,and what do U think about hiring the 49ers LB coach for that spot..

I think Capers has to go yes....I wish he had all his true starters to work with, but we shouldn't have had the issues stopping the run the last month

Niners LB might be a good fit as he has done wonders with his group...Is he a 3-4 guy?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think Capers has to go yes....I wish he had all his true starters to work with, but we shouldn't have had the issues stopping the run the last month

Niners LB might be a good fit as he has done wonders with his group...Is he a 3-4 guy?
Don't think so... not sure
Prior to joining San Francisco, Leavitt was the head coach at the University of South Florida, a position he held since the program’s inception in 1995. In 13 seasons, he led the Bulls to a 95-57 record.

The program began play in 1997 at the division I-AA level and immediate success propelled the Bulls to a national ranking for 24 consecutive weeks. In 2001, South Florida became a Division I-A independent before moving to Conference USA, in 2003. Leavitt’s continued success helped South Florida move into the Big East prior to the 2005 season. That year, Leavitt led the Bulls to their first ever Bowl appearance.

Since becoming a member of the Big East Conference in 2005, Leavitt led the Bulls to a 40-24 record, including five consecutive Bowl appearances, posting a 3-2 record in those games. South Florida’s ascension into the top 25 from entry into I-A/FCS was the fastest in NCAA history, surpassing Boise State’s rise by a mere seven weeks. The Bulls achieved another record on September 30, 2007, when they became the fastest program of the modern era to reach the top 10, landing at No. 6 in the AP Poll and No. 9 in the Coaches’ Poll. On October 14, 2007, South Florida received its first ever BCS ranking as the No. 2 team in the nation behind only the Ohio State Buckeyes. That week, the team was also ranked No. 2 in the AP Poll and No. 3 in both the Coaches’ and the Harris Interactive Poll.

Prior to becoming the head coach at South Florida, Leavitt worked under legendary coach Bill Snyder at Kansas State from 1990-95. Leavitt served as the linebackers coach for two seasons before becoming the defensive coordinator. He was instrumental in building a Wildcat defense that improved from 93rd in the nation in 1993 to the number one ranked unit in 1995.

His coaching career began as a graduate assistant at the University of Missouri (1978-79). Leavitt followed that by serving as the defensive coordinator at the University of Dubuque (IA) from 1980-81. He then spent five seasons at Morning Side College (IA), working as the special teams coordinator for one year before being named the defensive coordinator in 1983.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Capers has to go yes....I wish he had all his true starters to work with, but we shouldn't have had the issues stopping the run the last month?

I don't think Capers "has to" go, but I think we could look at options. But any replacement MUST be a guy who can step right in and get it done.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

no he is more 4-3 and overly aggressive, with results and his LBs group tackles a lot better than ours,but good point..

Doylebeule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can include the offense as much as we want, but they droped 31pts (24 without garbage time TD) on the 49ers, which is only second to the Patriots (you might argue the garbage points in that game). They were in horrible field position the hole game and got some questionable calls against them.
You're not winning to anybody in the PO if you give up 45pts. I might share the blame a little bit, but the defense lost that game.

Hell we can call ourselves lucky that we lost that last game of the regular season to the Vikings, so the 49ers didnt whoop our butts in Lambeau.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
no he is more 4-3 and overly aggressive, with results and his LBs group tackles a lot better than ours,but good point..
So basically an aggressive Moss?

impressive knowledge
Don't be too impressed, lifted from the 49ers website. I only recognized the SFU defense and that was only from watching Genus tape.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you F'ing kidding me... after all the crap you gave to people calling for his head. WOW!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you F'ing kidding me... after all the crap you gave to people calling for his head. WOW!

People cant change their mind? If you read my posts I have stated that I wish he had all his true starters..I can change my mind and flex my power..Yes?

But last night was horrible, and that is 4 games this year that the rushing defense hurt us

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
An interesting point. The lack of a quick pass offense has been a glaring issue all season. Rodgers has more often than not danced around in the pocket trying to make a big play. He also seems to have missed some wide open receivers. Jennings for instance was open in the end zone, but it took a 5 second scramble by Rodgers to finally find him.

Rodgers' pocket awareness + willingness to go short and take what the defense has been giving him are issues that he needs recognize and work on in the offseason.
Until the last two games Newhouse has been a sieve. I do not blame Rodgers for not having confidence in his blockers when he's the most sacked QB in the league. in 2010 and 2011 our O was a force to be feared. Two of the single biggest reasons for that were Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher. Our new tackles are simply not on their level....yet.

Newhouse played a LOT better last night. Do we stick with him and Bulaga? I dunno but probably. I love what Harris has accomplished but not 100% sold yet. Right now he reminds me of the successes of Samkon Gado from a few years back. Bursts of brilliance but not satisfied he's a true stud RB just yet.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think McCarthy should get a new OC in here and he just be the HC or hire an offensive consultent. I am so tired of his playcalling. We have a heck of an Offense, we need some innovative stuff. There is so many things that can be done with this offense. There is no reason we should get into a 3rd and short situation and not convert it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think McCarthy should get a new OC in here and he just be the HC or hire an offensive consultent. I am so tired of his playcalling. We have a heck of an Offense, we need some innovative stuff. There is so many things that can be done with this offense. There is no reason we should get into a 3rd and short situation and not convert it.
Remember last year and the year before when we called him an offensive genius?

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought he was an offensive Genius. the only thing that impressed me about him was the "Big 5" receiver set.

OP
OP

12theTruth

Newhouse at LT EDS at center and Barclay at RT doesn't really inspire alot of confidence in pass protection. I think this more than anything has caused the disjointed offensive performance throughout the season. You can add Saturday too because he was many times just physically overwhelmed at the point of attack. Huge deficiency and against opponents with ultra stout front 7's a fatal flaw.

Members online

Latest posts