Studs and duds Panther game

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: ..............
Duds: The entire team. This was the perfect time to DESTROY an opponent after being embarrassed the previous week, but they instead looked lifeless as though they have already given up on the season. I blame coaching (mainly defense) for that.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play calling for the O was a problem they did almost nothing the pass rush. They ran 2 screens, both worked well and yet continue until it got stopped. Pass blocking was really bad. The defense is being moved on at will.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dud: Needlessly using timeouts on offense during the normal course of the game because either the call is not sent in quick enough, AR is not paying attention to the play clock or Linsley can't snap it in time. Take the damn 5 yard penalty and save the time out for when it is really needed......like at the end of the first half when we are a time out away from an easy field goal....oh wait, we burned one earlier to save 5 yards......every fricking game this happens!

D

Deleted member 6794

I wonder if it's finally OK to be concerned about the Packers chances to win the Super Bowl this season after being completely dominated and outplayed for the last two games and struggling for another three before that.

While I like the optimism of some posters here this team doesn't possess the same qualities as the 2010 one and just because we were able to overcome back-to-back losses five years ago or the Patriots played terrible once last season doesn't mean the 2015 Packers will end up winning the Lombardi Trophy.

Taking an objective look at their overall performance they shouldn't be considered a Super Bowl contender as of right now. I'm convinced they will win another six games the rest of the regular season playing below average teams but don't have any confidence they will be able to get close to winning the Lombardi Trophy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if it's finally OK to be concerned about the Packers chances to win the Super Bowl this season after being completely dominated and outplayed for the last two games and struggling for another three before that.

While I like the optimism of some posters here this team doesn't possess the same qualities as the 2010 one and just because we were able to overcome back-to-back losses five years ago or the Patriots played terrible once last season doesn't mean the 2015 Packers will end up winning the Lombardi Trophy.

Taking an objective look at their overall performance they shouldn't be considered a Super Bowl contender as of right now. I'm convinced they will win another six games the rest of the regular season playing below average teams but don't have any confidence they will be able to get close to winning the Lombardi Trophy.
THere's no doubt they have to get some things right. They aren't playing good football right now. Our offensive line as a whole looks like they just started playing together for the first time yesterday. Even Rodgers seems to be a bit off in some throws. If they don't get it together, we most certainly aren't a Super Bowl team. But they have in the past and have done so pretty consistently as well. This gives me reason for optimism. I'd be lying if I said my confidence wasn't taking a hit with every loss, but I'm still optimistic they'll figure it out and be better for it in the end.

Maybe I sound overly confident in some of these threads, but I don't have much of a stomach for those calling for heads to roll. All I see is a level of play by a group of players that can and have done much better, that needs to rise to that level again. Starting with the offensive line

D

Deleted member 6794

But they have in the past and have done so pretty consistently as well. This gives me reason for optimism. I'd be lying if I said my confidence wasn't taking a hit with every loss, but I'm still optimistic they'll figure it out and be better for it in the end.

I expect the offense to get back on track in the second half of the season as we don't face an elite pass defense aside of Arizona anymore. While they have improved over the course of a season in the past it will be a tough task without a true #1 receiver.

Maybe I sound overly confident in some of these threads, but I don't have much of a stomach for those calling for heads to roll. All I see is a level of play by a group of players that can and have done much better, that needs to rise to that level again. Starting with the offensive line

I'm not calling for any heads to roll but my confidence has been extremely shaken by the losses to Denver and Carolina, especially both of them being as lopsided as they were.

While I'm not surprised by the receiving corps missing Nelson and the defensive shortcomings I have to admit that I didn't expect the offensive line and the running game to struggle mightily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mean to imply that you specifically were calling for heads, but plenty of others are.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My local paper is referring to Aaron as "Mr **** and Dunk." Yes, we all understand, we miss Jordy. But gosh, don't we have other receivers that can take a long pass? It seems in the past few games Rodgers has been shy is giving up the long ball., while other quarterbacks aren't afraid to lob it down the filed and make us look like fools.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt there was an over reaction after last weeks game. Nobody was able to refute the fact that contenders often due look bad sometimes during the regular season.

Don't quite follow. This thread is about this week's game. Are you saying that the second consecutive stinker still comes under the 'look bad sometimes' umbrella?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We allow negative nacys in chat.. We sure as he'll won't allow people to be harassed for being positive

Don't participate in chat. In order to prevent harassment in threads, can you give a example or two of what constituted the bold?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: TT . How do you have the best player in the league and not build at least a good O line around him? The tackles stink period! One is a late round pick playing the most important spot on the line and he's garbage and has been garbage. The other one is a for we 1st round pick who's always hurt and can't even beat out the other tackle . No wonder why Rodgers is always running around for his life.

You failed miserably to solidify the ilb spots and there isn't any depth on the DLine.

Dud#2 MM. Why is capers still allowed to run this defense? The entire Packer fan base knows Capers isn't the guy for the job anymore. Except you Mike. Enjoy getting smacked smh. Stop standing on the sideline with that doofus looking look on your face! the team feeds of your energy or lack thereof.

Dud#3 Dom Capers: I have no words for you guy. You know it's bad when It gets to that point . It's time fur you to go sir. At this point the only people who probably support you is the two knuckleheads listed above you. Please do us all a favor and resign. Please ?

Duds : oline. Man it's hard to watch you guys....yes, you're that bad. Bahk, you like the long hair?? and you should keep it. You look like a overweight woman out there you really do. You have no strength , and your soft. Period. How and why you are the Left tackle baffles me.

The Packers are PRETENDERS and will be lucky to win the North...yea I said it! These guys look like crap plain and simple.

D

Deleted member 6794

Duds : oline. Man it's hard to watch you guys....yes, you're that bad. Bahk, you like the long hair?? and you should keep it. You look like a overweight woman out there you really do. You have no strength , and your soft. Period. How and why you are the Left tackle baffles me.

The offensive line protected Rodgers extremely well late last season and while there's no doubt the unit has been a major disappointment that wasn't to be expected.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line protected Rodgers extremely well late last season and while there's no doubt the unit has been a major disappointment that wasn't to be expected.

Fair enough. But that was last season and last season is over. As of now?? they currently stink, and Rodgers is going to get hurt I guarantee it. Then there wont even be a division title which at this point isn't far fetched.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are PRETENDERS and will be lucky to win the North...yea I said it! These guys look like crap plain and simple.

They aren't looking good right now, but have you ever heard of a slump? This is pretty much the same team from last season that should have been in the Super Bowl. We know this team can win, they just have to execute.

It's a long season. Take it easy, guy. We will get better.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the criticism of the o line play. But I think the 5 are capable of dominating the LOS. This was the no. 1 offense by DVOA last year with the same line, which ranked 8th in the league in run blocking (13th in pass blocking). They need to play up to their potential. That's on MM as much as anyone.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: TT . How do you have the best player in the league and not build at least a good O line around him? The tackles stink period! One is a late round pick playing the most important spot on the line and he's garbage and has been garbage. The other one is a for we 1st round pick who's always hurt and can't even beat out the other tackle . No wonder why Rodgers is always running around for his life.

You failed miserably to solidify the ilb spots and there isn't any depth on the DLine.

Dud#2 MM. Why is capers still allowed to run this defense? The entire Packer fan base knows Capers isn't the guy for the job anymore. Except you Mike. Enjoy getting smacked smh. Stop standing on the sideline with that doofus looking look on your face! the team feeds of your energy or lack thereof.

Dud#3 Dom Capers: I have no words for you guy. You know it's bad when It gets to that point . It's time fur you to go sir. At this point the only people who probably support you is the two knuckleheads listed above you. Please do us all a favor and resign. Please ?

This. It all starts at the top. Losing shouldn't be an option. We look like we have no business being on the field with the elite teams. Until we have people at the top who want to win instead of beating their dead horse of a regime, it won't happen.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. It all starts at the top. Losing shouldn't be an option. We look like we have no business being on the field with the elite teams. Until we have people at the top who want to win instead of beating their dead horse of a regime, it won't happen.

Exactly. Tired of toooo many people giving TT a pass. If 20+ Gms didn't pass on Rodgers I doubt him or MM is here.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The entire offense has looked like crap for the past several games but how did the OL look at the end of last season? If you're honest, you'd have to say they looked pretty damn good. Over the past few games I've see Sitton uncharacteristically screw up. Linsley played poorly yesterday. The interior of the OL has been solid since the start of the 2014 season and that hasn't been true lately. Bulaga is not playing as well as he did at the end of last season and neither is Bakhtiari. (Hell, even Kuhn completely whiffed on a blitzer yesterday - he's not athletically gifted but should have at least been able to make the guy run over him.) IMO going into this season the only legitimate need Thompson didn't fill on the OL was another OT. But how was Thompson supposed to know the entire OL would struggle as it has over this stretch of games? Why shouldn't he have based his evaluation on what he saw for the last half of last season? There's lots to ***** about from Thompson to McCarthy to the coaching staff and players, but expecting Thompson to be clairvoyant is over the top. Even for you.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yawn.......

Not quite sure - is this in response to post #87? If so, do we take away the opinion that you think it's boring to highlight major deficiencies, it was too long a post, you don't read anything by that poster, or what?

D

Deleted member 6794

This is pretty much the same team from last season that should have been in the Super Bowl. We know this team can win, they just have to execute.

The Packers offense is missing Nelson though, way more than I thought at the start of the season. The coaching staff hasn't figured out a way to make up for losing him.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire offense has looked like crap for the past several games but how did the OL look at the end of last season? If you're honest, you'd have to say they looked pretty damn good. Over the past few games I've see Sitton uncharacteristically screw up. Linsley played poorly yesterday. The interior of the OL has been solid since the start of the 2014 season and that hasn't been true lately. Bulaga is not playing as well as he did at the end of last season and neither is Bakhtiari. (Hell, even Kuhn completely whiffed on a blitzer yesterday - he's not athletically gifted but should have at least been able to make the guy run over him.) IMO going into this season the only legitimate need Thompson didn't fill on the OL was another OT. But how was Thompson supposed to know the entire OL would struggle as it has over this stretch of games? Why shouldn't he have based his evaluation on what he saw for the last half of last season? There's lots to ***** about from Thompson to McCarthy to the coaching staff and players, but expecting Thompson to be clairvoyant is over the top. Even for you.

The trade deadline came and gone and once again he sat on his hands . Being clairvoyant really has nothin to do with the current situation because the oline especially the tackles have been soft and suspect all year. Joe Thomas was on the block... so solutions were available I don't want to hear it. Just hope Rodgers survives long enough to get hammered in the playoffs. But hey, at least we win the North....which isn't even a guarantee.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers offense is missing Nelson though, way more than I thought at the start of the season. The coaching staff hasn't figured out a way to make up for losing him.
Agreed, but we shouldn't be struggling THIS hard due to one player, even though we all love Jordy.

Our best football is ahead of us. It's all about getting hot in the last few weeks and staying healthy.

Members online

Latest posts