Studs and duds Panther game

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably a combination of both. TT is too stubborn to be a good GM. Most other teams scout the league for players they could make work in their system, yet he completely neglects this. If he was that good at "building through the draft", they wouldn't have so many holes to fill each year.
They still don't tackle much.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to find some good considering it's a stud and duds thread.

We were a couple yards away from tying the game up (with a 2 pt conversion). Against a 7-0 team on the road, losing by one score isn't bad overall. The game didn't end after the 1st half like a few posters seem to think when writing their studs and duds.
D lost the game in 1st half. Face up to it.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Thankfully I did not see the game but from what I have seen in the recaps, had the teams been reversed, you would be saying we dominated them and it was only close because we gave up 2 TDs in garbage time. It looks to me like they dominated us and it was only close because they gave up 2 TDs in garbage time. I don't mind positive spin but honestly is there anything positive to say about the last two weeks?

You are correct, IMO. The Packers were dominated. They were embarrassed.

The positive spin is that today is over. On to next week vs. Detroit.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D lost the game in 1st half. Face up to it.
You are absolutely correct.!!!

Our offense gaining ZERO or losing yards on 5 of its 6 first half possessions had absolutely nothing to do with it. Damn defense

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They have the chance to make the SB, only because there's no great team in the NFC. A bunch of NFC teams have a real shot to make the SB. But this team doesn't have the heart/character of the 2010 team. The 2010 team never trailed by more than 7, never lost by more than 4.

Lost back to back..

Redskins in DC ....they finished 6-10

Lost to Miami at home, Miami finished 7-9

Shouldnt have lost to them

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Team needs 1A) ILB, we need a real long term answer here. 1B) Playmaker at T

It's time for a team meeting, these guys need to air some grievances make some adjustments and make some changes. Right now we are not a good football team.

q/b--wr with coaches had closed door meeting this week

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thankfully I did not see the game but from what I have seen in the recaps, had the teams been reversed, you would be saying we dominated them and it was only close because we gave up 2 TDs in garbage time. It looks to me like they dominated us and it was only close because they gave up 2 TDs in garbage time. I don't mind positive spin but honestly is there anything positive to say about the last two weeks?

Wouldn't call them garbage time TDs when we came within 2 yards of the tying touchdown.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct.!!!

Our offense gaining ZERO or losing yards on 5 of its 6 first half possessions had absolutely nothing to do with it. Damn defense
That's a valid argument, but with the injuries to receiver this year, the defense needed to finally step up, which they did earlier in the season. If they didn't resemble the Capers defense of years past that we all know and hate, there'd probably be less animosity.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a valid argument, but with the injuries to receiver this year, the defense needed to finally step up, which they did earlier in the season. If they didn't resemble the Capers defense of years past that we all know and hate, there'd probably be less animosity.
So losing jordy and a rookie is an excuse, but being down 3 of your top 4 dbs isn't? Got it. Damn defense

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So losing jordy and a rookie is an excuse, but being down 3 of your top 4 dbs isn't? Got it. Damn defense
Like I mentioned, you're right. But the offense has never struggled like this before, and the defense has for years. And all of our top picks are aimed at the defensive side of the ball. And neither Carolina nor Denver have been stellar on offense before our matchup. Hence, the frustration.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a valid argument, but with the injuries to receiver this year, the defense needed to finally step up, which they did earlier in the season. .

In your own words, the offense has a reason to not "finally step up" , but missing Shields and others on def isnt an argument?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In your own words, the offense has a reason to not "finally step up" , but missing Shields and others on def isnt an argument?
No it's not. And when they have to play a playoff game with no linebackers and a one legged Andy mulumba, injuries still won't matter because the defense should over come all. And when your offense loses yards on 5 of its 6 first Half possessions AND give the ball to the panthers In scoring position on top of that, it's still the defenses fault

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I mentioned, you're right. But the offense has never struggled like this before, and the defense has for years. And all of our top picks are aimed at the defensive side of the ball. And neither Carolina nor Denver have been stellar on offense before our matchup. Hence, the frustration.

Panthers had the #1 rushing yards per game coming in to the game..... they also are # 7 in points scored

I guess your stellar is different than others

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lost back to back..

Redskins in DC ....they finished 6-10

Lost to Miami at home, Miami finished 7-9

Shouldnt have lost to them

Also lost 2 in a row in December to Detroit and New England, almost ruining our chance at the playoffs. If Detroit doesn't beat Tampa at the end of the season, we don't get in the playoffs. That team turned it around for an incredible run to the Championship. Will this one?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Also lost 2 in a row in December to Detroit and New England, almost ruining our chance at the playoffs. If Detroit doesn't beat Tampa at the end of the season, we don't get in the playoffs. That team turned it around for an incredible run to the Championship. Will this one?

I didnt include those as Rodgers didnt play

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense has been pathetic. I don't think anybody needs to step up, as much a TT needs to step out and be replaced with a GM who wants to win and will make personnel changes to do so and actually get us some depth so these injuries aren't as devastating.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The offense has been pathetic. I don't think anybody needs to step up, as much a TT needs to step out and be replaced with a GM who wants to win and will make personnel changes to do so and actually get us some depth so these injuries aren't as devastating.

I agree 100% offense has sucked..I have made the excuse for a few games dating back a few years..

People blame the def every game..When I would point out the offense should get blame, (Frisco playoff loss when Kap ran wild ) no one really cared..Only wanted to fire Capers

My stance is if people want to use Nelson, and Ty and Lacey being hurt, then they need to use Shields, and the others on def for a reason.

I am firmly believing we get Sheilds back, our def will improve

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100% offense has sucked..I have made the excuse for a few games dating back a few years..

People blame the def every game..When I would point out the offense should get blame, (Frisco playoff loss when Kap ran wild ) no one really cared..Only wanted to fire Capers

My stance is if people want to use Nelson, and Ty and Lacey being hurt, then they need to use Shields, and the others on def for a reason.

I am firmly believing we get Sheilds back, our def will improve
My issue with the defense is that they lose when it matters....the past two playoff losses ended with a failed stand by the defense. I think their performances in these situations represent the quality of the coach.

Edit: Additionally, witnessing all of these 1st round picks not result in an improved defense is getting old, when they could be used to get Rodgers the help he deserves.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kaepernick alone ran for about 200 yards on us and the D has given up about 1,500 yards in the last 3 games. So, they're kind of justified.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My issue with the defense is that they lose when it matters....the past two playoff losses ended with a failed stand by the defense. I think their performances in these situations represent the quality of the coach.
And the offense could have gotten ONE first down and the special teams could have not allowed a td on a fake fg and the special teams could have recovered an onside kick. Lots of people other than the defense could have done something

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the offense could have gotten ONE first down and the special teams could have not allowed a td on a fake fg and the special teams could have recovered an onside kick. Lots of people other than the defense could have done something
And the guy who intercepted the pass that was thrown right at him could have kept on running instead of being soft and sliding. Do you think Seattle's defense would have done that?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Kaepernick alone ran for about 200 yards on us and the D has given up about 1,500 yards in the last 3 games. So, they're kind of justified.

but when the off goes three and out numerous times thats okay!!

Not saying it isnt justified..I am saying the offense HAS to score or at least have a drive longer than 2 mintues

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but when the off goes three and out numerous times thats okay!!

Not saying it isnt justified..I am saying the offense HAS to score or at least have a drive longer than 2 mintues

No its definitely not okay the O definitely needs to play much better than they are. This team can get by with an 'average' defense. They'll never survive with an average offense.

I also tire of hearing the excuses for the passing game without Jordy. The Panthers would love to have our current WR corps. If Jerricho Cotchery and Devin Funchess can get wide open, I refuse to believe that Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, and James Jones cannot with the defending MVP throwing them the ball.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Against a 7-0 team on the road, losing by one score isn't bad overall.
I like your optimism if only to counter balance the most severe of the sky has fallen crowd. But at some point no matter how much lipstick you apply:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BTW, Stud: James Starks.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No its definitely not okay the O definitely needs to play much better than they are. This team can get by with an 'average' defense. They'll never survive with an average offense.

I also tire of hearing the excuses for the passing game without Jordy. The Panthers would love to have our current WR corps. If Jerricho Cotchery and Devin Funchess can get wide open, I refuse to believe that Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, and James Jones cannot with the defending MVP throwing them the ball.
If only Rodgers got to go up against our defense....

And you're leaving out Olsen. We don't have a TE close to him

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts