Studs and duds Panther game

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the bolded sentence is in the running for one of the most ridiculous ever posted here. And that's saying a lot. Why in the world wouldn't Thompson want to win? (Doesn't 'playing God' imply a huge ego? Wouldn't someone with a huge ego want to feed it by winning?) And BTW, how much say do others have in the drafting process? You have no idea except for what you and the rest of us read and what we read is a lot of people, from the personnel people to the scouts, to the coaching staff have a say in the drafting process.
I'm just interpreting what TT said, and that it's basically up to him and he wants to avoid too many cooks in the kitchen.

And there's a reason why Capers has been with GB longer than any other DC has been with their current team. It's not like they have a top, or even good defense. He would have been fired at any other organization. I'm not seeing the dramatic changes that Denver has made, but they look better than we do, and it would be nice if our organization showed more desire to win.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud:

Nick Perry- he's playing at about 75% with that bum shoulder but his play on that reverse was just huge. Cmon sit him and get Datone Jones in more often from the outside.
Demarius Randall- really played well, too bad the safety help wasn't there. He'll be our most complete DB in short order.
BJ Raji & Mike Pennel: These two were really rocks on the Dline
Second Half Aaron Rodgers: He was playing faster and in a more decisive fashion, looked like the Aaron Rodgers of old.
Offensive scheme: They did use more man beater routes, it was a work in progress to start but things started clicking more in the second half.
Honorable Mention: Jake Ryan, helped stabilize the defense in the second half.

Duds

First half Aaron Rodgers, indecisive and panicky under center
Everyone already listed.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HHCD actually lived up to his name...he was a joke, as was the entire defense and the O-line...Starks should actually be the feature back, Lacy has been absolutely terrible at both running and holding onto the ball...

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you, Easy, but I chuckled at that last comment. What exactly would the "or else" be?

Again, I get what you are saying, but "what else" is there?

Part of the good news about these last two humbling and embarrassing losses is that PERHAPS A. Rodgers will stop drinking his own kool-aid, realize that he is not the best QB in the game today, is making mistakes just like his teammates, and get back to work.
A Rodger could do little with amount time he spent running from pressure.... no QB could have done better.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
A Rodger could do little with amount time he spent running from pressure.... no QB could have done better.
I agree with you. With a less mobile and evasive QB, that could have been a 10 sack day for Carolina.

What I was trying to say is that Rodgers has been pointing his finger at his team, but he also has been making mistakes out there as well and has room to improve.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with you. With a less mobile and evasive QB, that could have been a 10 sack day for Carolina.

What I was trying to say is that Rodgers has been pointing his finger at his team, but he also has been making mistakes out there as well and has room to improve.

Rodgers was upset with him missing a wide open Cobb on the fourth-down play on which he got intercepted. Here's what he had to say:

"I had the easy opportunity there for a pitch-and-catch touchdown, but I got scared by something," Rodgers said at the podium a few minutes later. "I can't explain it. It was a mistake by myself."

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question on that play was why did he look off Cobb so quickly as the play was developing. Those kind of bang-bang routes he's hit a thousand times.
Also , once he came back to it was too late because of the pressure and -I'm speculating here- because he couldn't see Cobb any longer with the guys in his face.

D

Deleted member 6794

My question on that play was why did he look off Cobb so quickly as the play was developing. Those kind of bang-bang routes he's hit a thousand times.
Also , once he came back to it was too late because of the pressure and -I'm speculating here- because he couldn't see Cobb any longer with the guys in his face.

Here's Rodgers explanation:

"It was a great call. I looked out to (Tillman) to see if he had eyes in the backfield, because I was worried about him sloughing off and tackling Randall short of the goal line," Rodgers explained. "Turns out (Jones) ran (Tillman) into (Benwikere) and Randall's wide open for the touchdown. So it's disappointing."

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Rodgers was upset with him missing a wide open Cobb on the fourth-down play on which he got intercepted. Here's what he had to say:

"I had the easy opportunity there for a pitch-and-catch touchdown, but I got scared by something," Rodgers said at the podium a few minutes later. "I can't explain it. It was a mistake by myself."

Yes, I saw his reaction when he realized how open Cobb was (he threw the tablet). That play was designed for Cobb, but Rodgers pre-determined that the play was busted and looked elsewhere. Oops. Stuff happens.

I think it's a good sign that Rodgers is mad at himself. Even if no one else could have done a better job.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then I'll have to believe it was a mistake, an error in judgement on Rodgers part. Happens to the best of them, and I can accept that.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: I would say not a player but and event, for instance, MM challenge of a play that I thought was a waste he proved me wrong by winning the challenge, JJ,s 4th down catch was great....
NOW
Duds: well only other thing I might add that was not mentioned was that DUD of a packer fan who congratulated the P anther receiver after another fake, and not even a good copy of the Lambeau Leap, more like the Carolina lap dance..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Yes, I saw his reaction when he realized how open Cobb was (he threw the tablet). That play was designed for Cobb, but Rodgers pre-determined that the play was busted and looked elsewhere. Oops. Stuff happens.

I think it's a good sign that Rodgers is mad at himself. Even if no one else could have done a better job.
That play was busted at the snap there was no way even the best of QB,s could of did better when you have a D,lineman man right in your face plus the ball was snapped low a blocker would have made a difference

D

Deleted member 6794

That play was busted at the snap there was no way even the best of QB,s could of did better when you have a D,lineman man right in your face plus the ball was snapped low a blocker would have made a difference

Rodgers would have had enough time to throw to Cobb if he would have attempted the pass on his first read.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I'm just interpreting what TT said, and that it's basically up to him and he wants to avoid too many cooks in the kitchen.

And there's a reason why Capers has been with GB longer than any other DC has been with their current team. It's not like they have a top, or even good defense. He would have been fired at any other organization. I'm not seeing the dramatic changes that Denver has made, but they look better than we do, and it would be nice if our organization showed more desire to win.
We have had a mystery for sometime now, just my option alone is TT thinks replacing one of his guys looks like failure to the organization

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This is from Wilde’s story:
Before the snap, he looked to his right and saw Panthers cornerback Charles “Peanut” Tillman lined up against wide receiver James Jones and cornerback Bene Benwikere matched up on Cobb. Based on what he’d seen, Rodgers caught the shotgun snap and immediately looked left to Davante Adams running a slant, then to tight end Richard Rodgers over the middle. By the time he saw that Cobb was open, Rodgers had Panthers defensive tackle Kawann Short in his face as he threw the ball and couldn’t get enough on it. Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis intercepted it, and the Packers’ hopes were dashed. “It was a great [play] call. I looked out to ‘Peanut’ to see if he had eyes in the backfield, because I was worried about him sloughing off and tackling Randall short of the goal line,” Rodgers explained. “Turns out ‘J.J.’ ran ‘Peanut’ into 25 [Benwikere] and Randall’s wide open for the touchdown.
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...-un-rodgers-like-mistake-on-late-interception

It looks to me like the first read was Adams on a slant. And Rodgers couldn’t have thrown it immediately to Cobb because it took time for Jones to run Tillman into Benwikere, freeing Cobb.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I confess I turned away at that play because the thought the officail was going to flag the Packers for a pick....

I see what you're saying, but I wasn't worried about a flag because I saw Jones get the defenders to run into each other.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I must say that I am no fan of Cam Newton, he reminds of all the other classless players of the past, taking a fans banner, is one thing, but when ever he wins he is so gracious (just wants to shake everyone's hand) when he loses puts the towel on his head and runs of the field, I watch the ending of several games, like that and he still is not impressive, talented yes classless even more.

D

Deleted member 6794

It looks to me like the first read was Adams on a slant. And Rodgers couldn’t have thrown it immediately to Cobb because it took time for Jones to run Tillman into Benwikere, freeing Cobb.

I think I read somewhere Rodgers saying that Cobb was his first read, can't find it though at the moment.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't call them garbage time TDs when we came within 2 yards of the tying touchdown.

Panthers were up 37-14 with a little over 9 minutes left. IMO that is garbage time. The Packers scored 2 TDs in garbage time to bring them within 8 and they failed on what could have been the tying TD.

I'm looking for the painted pony because the spinning wheel is spinning.

Reaction score
Stud. James Starks for stepping up big time. He seems to get better with the more that's on the line.

Duds: the D for losing their cool on the sideline and creating unneeded drama

Members online

Latest posts