Studs and duds Panther game

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere Rodgers saying that Cobb was his first read, can't find it though at the moment.
I think he said he looked that way pre snap and though Tillman might back off and move out that way and be able to stop him short, but I don't know if he actually looked his way first. I haven't seen a replay in a while, but I think he looked left first once the ball was snapped, but never got a chance to come back to the right.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Now we are all starting to look like Ha Ha, BJ and Peppers on the sidelines.....*grabs his water cannon* :speechless:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just cannot agree with that at all. IMO, the mods are here to keep the forum on the rails, and this is certainly no worse than someone saying "this is where Half Empty comes out and says (whatever)". with which I'm fine. Over the past couple of weeks, it really seems like the mods have a much thinner skin than the folks they're 'protecting'.

You think I or other mods "want" to be in the middle of conflicts between people?

We arent baby sitters here---you are all adults, but year after year its the same thing. Trying different ways to handle those and other situations with nothing really working, we changed it up.

Sorry you dont agree with it, but this is what it has come to.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I usually say about the debates about football and the Packers, it's all relative, subjective, and semantic. Obviously, you and I have way different definitions of 'conflict'. However, it's your forum, so have at it. Just wanted to express my point of view.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not quite sure - is this in response to post #87? If so, do we take away the opinion that you think it's boring to highlight major deficiencies, it was too long a post, you don't read anything by that poster, or what?
The same individual has posted the same opinion, in many threads, over many seasons, typically after each loss. I yawn and ignore it every time. There's your long answer. One can read that 'the sky is falling' only so many times before it gets boring and repetitive. When the Packers truly do suck....I'll give that individual recognition for calling it back in the early 2010s.

Yawn...

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The same individual has posted the same opinion, in many threads, over many seasons, typically after each loss. I yawn and ignore it every time. There's your long answer. One can read that 'the sky is falling' only so many times before it gets boring and repetitive. When the Packers truly do suck....I'll give that individual recognition for calling it back in the early 2010s.

Yawn...

OK, that answers the question. Just thought I should add that, although I haven't checked, I'll bet your opinion (and virtually all of ours) is pretty consistent, too. You may not want to read about the sky falling, but there are those of us who also don't want to read about 'getting it fixed' year after year. For those who feel competition is about winning the ultimate prize, those who continue to point out the Packers' great regular season record while accepting that we have 2 Lombardis since SBII can also get on nerves. When the Packers quit handing us seasons like 2011 and 2014, when recognized holes in the team go unfilled year after year, when coaches whose units under-produce year after year keep their jobs...I'd like to say I'd give recognition, but that wouldn't bring back the wasted years.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, that answers the question. Just thought I should add that, although I haven't checked, I'll bet your opinion (and virtually all of ours) is pretty consistent, too. You may not want to read about the sky falling, but there are those of us who also don't want to read about 'getting it fixed' year after year. For those who feel competition is about winning the ultimate prize, those who continue to point out the Packers' great regular season record while accepting that we have 2 Lombardis since SBII can also get on nerves. When the Packers quit handing us seasons like 2011 and 2014, when recognized holes in the team go unfilled year after year, when coaches whose units under-produce year after year keep their jobs...I'd like to say I'd give recognition, but that wouldn't bring back the wasted years.

Every team in the league has holes. We can't expect there to be none.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of holes. ..Lacy, my goodness. He's finally eligible for a contract extension next year after completing his 3rd year. The way it looks now, he may not get it.

Multiple reports say he is overweight and out of shape but without actually knowing the weight comparisons on the surface he looks the same as the last 2 years.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Every team in the league has holes. We can't expect there to be none.

I don't think the expectation is to have "no weaknesses".

Rather, the expectation for some fans is to do more during the off season in an attempt to improve the areas of weakness.

There is a strong sentiment amongst many fans that the Packers put too much blind trust in their unproven rookies, rather than pursue other means.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a vast difference between talking about deficiencies and fanning the 'Fire Everybody' threads and stating that this is no longer a playoff team. Overly knee jerk reactions to losses were my yawn statement. Nothing more, nothing less.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never known as a physical presence; more of a coverage guy I've seen Sam step up and make some of the best tackles; as well as the entire secondary has throughout the year. Say what you will of this defense, but it is not the one that got ran over by Blount, Kap, AP in the past.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts