Studs and duds Panther game

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the defense could benefit from some breaks, our Offense not being able to sustain drives since KC hasn't helped it out. Also get Jake Ryan in there, he can't be worse than Nate Never in Position Palmer.

The OC did roll out some more press man beater routes today, but Rodgers doesn't seem to like throwing to those formations.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a whole, the game was a dud. But I will have to give a stud to Peppers and Raji calling out HHCD. I know there were words and some shoving but someone needs to call these guys(especially the secondary)out. Maybe it is a step in the right direction and some kind of leadership is emerging

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a whole, the game was a dud. But I will have to give a stud to Peppers and Raji calling out HHCD. I know there were words and some shoving but someone needs to call these guys(especially the secondary)out. Maybe it is a step in the right direction and some kind of leadership is emerging

It's time for a team meeting, these guys need to air some grievances make some adjustments and make some changes. Right now we are not a good football team.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall made some mistakes, but he's looking like a guy who's going to help us out a long time. The deep ball against him was good coverage too, but a perfect throw. Once Shields is back, I can see Randall taking Hayward's job.
I actually hope someone takes Clinton Dix's job for a while. he needs to see the bench. There was a stretch where he was responsible in large part for 2 60 yard passes and at least 1 of those TD's. ALways out of position and good play by others was negated by him never being in position. On that one, Randall had about as good as coverage as you could have, and if Dix had been playing the inside deep, like i have a feeling he was supposed to be, we have a bracketed receiver and a chance to Pick that ball or lay a hit. But he was 10 yards behind the play trying to play catch up.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dix was flat out bad today, how do you not play back when youre single high safety?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense should look better once Hayward either returns to the slot or the bench, he is just horrid playing out wide. Palmer needs to be benched and come Perry needs to be shut down for a couple of weeks, play Datone outside more and see what he does. Right now we're in experiment mode, see what works by trial and error.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense should look better once Hayward either returns to the slot or the bench, he is just horrid playing out wide. Palmer needs to be benched and come Perry needs to be shut down for a couple of weeks, play Datone outside more and see what he does. Right now we're in experiment mode, see what works by trial and error.

Ryan played a lot today. I think Palmer has already been replaced.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan played a lot today. I think Palmer has already been replaced.

I thought I saw Palmer out there in the first half? I wasn't able to watch the complete game, hard to put the woman off when theyre playing like crap.

EDIT: Yeah from the game I saw Palmer was out there, Ryan didn't come in until after the half. Apparently the defense stabilized around that time. Could be a significant improvement.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I saw Palmer out there in the first half? I wasn't able to watch the complete game, hard to put the woman off when theyre playing like crap.

EDIT: Yeah from the game I saw Palmer was out there, Ryan didn't come in until after the half. Apparently the defense stabilized around that time. Could be a significant improvement.

I don't know when Ryan came in, but he played a lot more than he has been.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to 247 Sports Ryan came in at the half. He didn't look like a playmaker, yet, according to them but there's something to be said about actually being in the right place at the right time. An ILB who gets into passing lanes makes it harder on the opposing QB, an ILB who actually fills a gap makes it tougher on RBs and so forth. Perhaps we've seen one glaring weakness filled. Now let's get Datone rushing from the outside and maybe a second weakness will be closed up.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we really need half the season to determine that Nate Palmer is in fact terrible?

Also, HHCD just isn't very good. I'm not sure why we seem to have the impression of him being a great pick in the 1st last year, but he's not developing well at all this season.

At least Davante has a nice game, if you count the garbage time first half throw for 40+ yards as time expired.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, they will have a chance. Hope for a hot streak at the end, like 2010.

They have the chance to make the SB, only because there's no great team in the NFC. A bunch of NFC teams have a real shot to make the SB. But this team doesn't have the heart/character of the 2010 team. The 2010 team never trailed by more than 7, never lost by more than 4.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good news is that Carolina isn't so good that it's impossible to win there if they get the 1 seed. The bad news is if we continue to play like we did for 3 quarters today and 4 quarters last week, we won't even beat Detroit next week.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm through blaming the defense. They're playing the same as they have for the last 5 years, and MM apparently accepts it as a fait accompli. But when the offense doesn't show up to play, we become a team that doesn't belong in the playoffs. So I feel it's up to the offense to save the season, and I believe we have the personnel on offense capable of doing so. That includes the line, receivers, and QB (who I continue to feel is the best in the league). It's up to MM to make them perform. Maybe the burst of enthusiasm by the offense in the 4th quarter today is a start.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also not reading too much into what happened the last 9 minutes and I hope they aren't hanging their hats on that. Carolina was up by 23 and went completely soft on D and for the most part, conservative on O. We see it time and time again, usually on the other side. That's how KC came back against us and made the score look close. Granted we had a chance when they gave us a gift, but when they needed a stop, they got it.

I'd look at the 37-14 point and assume they need to improve from there. They have a lot of work to do.

Also an aside I don't know why coaches insist on delaying the 2 for as long as possible when down 15. To me, it's dumb. You need a 2 pt conversion no matter what at some point, may as well try to get it sooner than later so you know how much you need and can gameplan from there on whether you need to try an onside kick, kick deep, etc. Why delay getting the information you need?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm through blaming the defense. They're playing the same as they have for the last 5 years, and MM apparently accepts it as a fait accompli. But when the offense doesn't show up to play, we become a team that doesn't belong in the playoffs. So I feel it's up to the offense to save the season, and I believe we have the personnel on offense capable of doing so. That includes the line, receivers, and QB (who I continue to feel is the best in the league). It's up to MM to make them perform. Maybe the burst of enthusiasm by the offense in the 4th quarter today is a start.
It's the responsibility of the offense to win us games, despite all first round picks being used for defensive players. What's wrong with that picture?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha Ha had the maturity to apologize to both Raji and Peppers after the game. I kind of like it that they were interested enough to argue. Maybe it will fire up the whole defense. Someone or something has to do it one of these years.
What's wrong with that picture?
You are correct. Lots of high draft picks that have turned into very little on the defensive side. Maybe it's the coaching? I have to believe that Capers and the defensive staff has input into the draft picks made by TT. And Capers and company certainly are in charge of developing young players; and putting them in position to make plays. Maybe all the picks are bad football players. Maybe they don't understand the system. Maybe they don't care. Whatever the reasons, it isn't working.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to find some good considering it's a stud and duds thread.

We were a couple yards away from tying the game up (with a 2 pt conversion). Against a 7-0 team on the road, losing by one score isn't bad overall. The game didn't end after the 1st half like a few posters seem to think when writing their studs and duds.

Thankfully I did not see the game but from what I have seen in the recaps, had the teams been reversed, you would be saying we dominated them and it was only close because we gave up 2 TDs in garbage time. It looks to me like they dominated us and it was only close because they gave up 2 TDs in garbage time. I don't mind positive spin but honestly is there anything positive to say about the last two weeks?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha Ha had the maturity to apologize to both Raji and Peppers after the game. I kind of like it that they were interested enough to argue. Maybe it will fire up the whole defense. Someone or something has to do it one of these years.

You are correct. Lots of high draft picks that have turned into very little on the defensive side. Maybe it's the coaching? I have to believe that Capers and the defensive staff has input into the draft picks made by TT. And Capers and company certainly are in charge of developing young players; and putting them in position to make plays. Maybe all the picks are bad football players. Maybe they don't understand the system. Maybe they don't care. Whatever the reasons, it isn't working.
Probably a combination of both. TT is too stubborn to be a good GM. Most other teams scout the league for players they could make work in their system, yet he completely neglects this. If he was that good at "building through the draft", they wouldn't have so many holes to fill each year.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Erin Andrews looked good.

Capers is still dying his hair.

And he should be fired.

Members online

No members online now.