Studs and Duds GB vs. BUF

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

matthews - 3 sacks and 5 in two weeks. holy crap.

burnett - way to rip that ball out and force the turnover. pivotal.

finley - looking more and more like gates

kuhn - nice versatile player even had a couple nice runs.

rodgers - way to stand in there and deliver.

Base 3-4 D did a pretty admirable job in the 2nd half.

Duds:

Run Defense in the 2nd quarter was a little shaky

overall - not sure how to take this W - is buffalo the worst team in the league?
the run game for the pack was a little bit slow but not too bad under the circumstances. Nance could have had a few more touches to get his feet wet but overall good win. on to week 3.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found a correction for you. Matthews is at a total of 6 sacks after they credited him with a 3rd earlier in the week for the Eagles game ;D!

Semi-Dud: Raji? :X He left the game with another knee injury! asdfasdf

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Brandon Jackson - 11 attempts, 29 yards, 2.6 average, 6 yard long, 1 td (from the goal line)

I was SO disappointed. I was hoping to see him have a solid game against a team like the Bills. That was pitiful and makes me very nervous going forward with him as our starting RB.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i had almost no faith in Jackson to be a legit starter, but I didn't expect him to do as little as he did against the sorry Bills defense

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't look to good but you cant put it all on him. Our O Line didn't give him to many holes to run through.

Can't put that entirely on the O-Line. I saw some big holes on some running plays, Jackson didn't do enough with what he was given. One problem is, Jackson doesn't wait for the play to develop and holes to open up, he just runs into the line as soon as the ball gets in his hands. The second big criticism is that he's a 1 cut back. Whenever he runs to the outside, the defense runs him down before he can turn a corner.

Jackson is clearly a step down from Grant. He averaged 2.6 yards against the BILLS!

To be fair, Jackson had a few great blitz pickups and made a couple catches out of the backfield. He looked solid on everything except running the ball :sinking:

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews - Still a bulldozer, was really impressed today with the sacks.

Burnett - Wow, this guy really stepped his game up today. Hope he and Mathews can keep the stellar defense up. Our defense is looking like it's in great shape.

Finley - Some nice catch's today, a few nice blocks.

Kuhn - Sorry, was really dissapointed with him, and thought the running game was pretty bad, but we still put points up. I really hope we can improve this a bit before playoffs.

Rodgers - Honestly he played ok, he didn't impress me or anyone today though. Was hoping for that break out game today. Would love to see more long passes, and his accuracy still is lacking by a little.

Secondary was really impressive. Can't wait for Harris back!

Can't forget Mason, doing well. I hope his bad side doesn't turn up upcomming weeks.

Reaction score
Can't put that entirely on the O-Line. I saw some big holes on some running plays, Jackson didn't do enough with what he was given. One problem is, Jackson doesn't wait for the play to develop and holes to open up, he just runs into the line as soon as the ball gets in his hands. The second big criticism is that he's a 1 cut back. Whenever he runs to the outside, the defense runs him down before he can turn a corner.

Jackson is clearly a step down from Grant. He averaged 2.6 yards against the BILLS!

To be fair, Jackson had a few great blitz pickups and made a couple catches out of the backfield. He looked solid on everything except running the ball :sinking:

I didn't put it all on the O line. I said Jackson didn't look to good. Im just saying I thought the O line didn't produce many big holes for him.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the biggest issue I have with Jackson is his lack of power. Seems like each time he had the ball, he would get fall/ get knocked back when confronting a defender. For once I will agree with MM and say that he needs to get his pads lower...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

When I first read this one after the Richard Sherman thread, I thought we`d bowed to AR again and signed some of his old buddies...:eek:, then I saw the date.

Latest posts