Peppers
Raji (Hey, first sack in years)

Duds:
Shields
Penalities

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay, Julius P, Eddie, JJ, and of course Aaron were all studs.

Biggest dud for me was giving up 189 yards rushing to a team whose WRs are not very good and were all injured. I would have thought we'd take out Forte and made the Bears rely upon Cutler more.

Hope that Guion, D. Jones, and Burnett can make the run D respectable.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vote for Cutler..... Momentum shifter was when Threw the pass to his wide receiver Clay matthews to keep the streak alive..... Cutler has pass the ball to a defensive wide receiver on the packers in every against the packers since he started playing....

Last edited:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Studs
Duds
- Defensive Line
- Sam Shields
- Mike McCarthy

May I ask what McCarthy did wrong? I might be missing something but I am not sure what he did wrong.

Want to say Lacy was a stud.

Duds were the flags, though we were in Chicago and well I expect a lot there.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs
- Offense
- CM3
- Peppers

Duds
- Defensive Line
- Sam Shields
- Mike McCarthy

What exactly did MM do wrong to earn a Dud?

Hes not the playcaller anymore. Please explain as I am at a lost as to why MM was a dud today.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
A lot of folks were sure that Casey Hayward would struggle, but he played well, I think. Not a stud, but not a dud, either.

Perry was also his invisible self, except for the off sides.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought for the most that as a team we played very well. AR started slowly but got in gear, and the D started slow as well

Studs
Rodgers(both)
Matthews
Montgomery(some good returns)
Jones
Peppers(shame he didn't get that turnover sack)
and a few others i can't remember(rookies in particular

duds
Cutler(wasn't as good for us as normal:D)
Shields(just a blip)
Ha-Ha(awful tackle)
flags(some god-awful penalties to concede)

D

Deleted member 6794

Studs:
Rodgers
Lacy
Jones
Peppers
Randall (not allowing a completion on five targets playing outside)
Montgomery (returning kickoffs)

Duds:
Run defense
Shields (in addition to struggling in coverage he had a terrible penalty on the FG resulting in a Bears first down)

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Jones was a stud. He looked like he didn't miss a beat and he still clicked with Aaron. Cutler the dud once again if we are doing duds of both sides, If not, Packers run defense totally sucked. Missed tackle after missed tackle. I shudder to think what would have happened if Matthews did not get that INT.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought for the most that as a team we played very well. AR started slowly but got in gear, and the D started slow as

duds
Cutler(wasn't as good for us as normal:D)

)

Bite your tongue... Cutler cam through for us when it matter, that nice overthrow in the endzone, and that nice pass to wr Clay Matthews... I know first half he still had some rust, but second half Cutler became the Great Green Bay qb we know him to be... I wore my Cutler Jersey proud at a Bears bar, and took a lot of crap from the Bears fans, but that fourth quater pass to clay, i did the money run at the bar and let the bears fans know why he is one of the greatest qb to play for green bay..

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones was a stud. He looked like he didn't miss a beat and he still clicked with Aaron. Cutler the dud once again if we are doing duds of both sides, If not, Packers run defense totally sucked. Missed tackle after missed tackle. I shudder to think what would have happened if Matthews did not get that INT.

I agree, Seems like Jones return took a lot of pressure off Rodgers. I felt the same about the defense and did not Relax until the pass to Matthews.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
grrrrr......if I read one more comment about how terrible Sam Shields is, I'm going to go postal. The latest comment was someone suggesting Randall or Rollins should be starting ahead of Shields, really?

He had one bad game people, remember what he has done in the past and chill out.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Take d
grrrrr......if I read one more comment about how terrible Sam Shields is, I'm going to go postal. The latest comment was someone suggesting Randall or Rollins should be starting ahead of Shields, really?

He had one bad game people, remember what he has done in the past and chill out.

Take deep breaths !

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Run defense: Bad

Ty Montgomery kicks returns: Good

Sam Shields: Bad

Clay Matthews & Julius Peppers: Good

Team discipline/penalties: Bad

Onside kick recovery unit: Good.

Third-down defense: Bad.

Finding James Jones on the street: Good

Prevent defense: Horrific.

Aaron Rodgers: Great

Playing against Jay Cutler: Priceless

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no denying Shields hasn't lived up to the contract he signed in 2014 so far.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's no denying Shields hasn't lived up to the contract he signed in 2014 so far.

This I agree with (so far) and felt like we overpaid at the time. But currently, he is our best option at his position. So the knee jerk reaction of benching him for the mistakes he made in yesterdays game, aren't founded IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
CC mentioned Prevent Defense as a Dud in yesterdays game, I have to agree. Also saw the same thing happen to the Giants in the game last night, with even worse results. What I want to know is, how often does the prevent defense work and how often does it fail? Maybe my memory is clouded, but it seems like more then not it allows the other team way to much space to eat big enough chunks to work their way down the field.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I will go way out on a limb and state that a stud is Capers.

Sure, Matthews gets kudos for a nice INT and run back, but what a masterful call by the coordinator to have Clay in that position covering that space on a misdirect. I seem to recall a similar pick by Raji in a very important game not long ago.

Also, if HHCD and a host of others make those missed tackles in the backfield like they should have, then credit must also go partially to the coordinator that dialed up the blitz or stunt that actually got them into position to make a play in the first place. A good example is when Clay got pulled down as he rushed Cutler on a key play, but Shields gave up the offsetting penalty instead. Good called alignment, but poor execution muffed it.

So, Capers gets a plus from me.

Sky King

Reaction score
I did not see a team that looked close to mid-season form across the board. My hope is that some guys got away with having uncharacteristically bad games as individuals, but thankfully they all happened in victory. Better that than the alternative of having a good individual game in a loss. Others were able to pick-up the slack.

In skewed sort of vision it may be a positive for the team as a whole. They still managed to find ways to prevail despite it all, and that could very well be a sign of a championship season in the making. I'm hoping so. Let's see how well the culprits are able to bounce back this week after their respective pratfalls.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts