Still don’t have a good backup qb and Clay needs to go.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good fricking grief. Kizer sucks?

Based on one game where he looked better than Rodgers in the same situation. Rodgers fumbled too, a packer was able to recover is the only difference.

I'm not saying he is a HOFer in the making, but he had great footwork and decision making. These were the biggest things he needed to work on. He also showed poise, a very lively arm, quick release and leadership. He looked great, except for 2 plays, but our OL didnt give him much to work with. Everyone thought he should have stayed in school another year. He is raw and was in over his head in Cleveland. Not sure how you could have not watched that game and not be impressed with the kid.

Can we call this bigfoot syndrome? People believing in something with very little info.

Kizer also played a few games for the Browns. It's not just one game. Now, I'm not willing to say his career is over but let's not pretend people have only seen ONE game. Kizer might turn into a decent QB but that's all based on hope right, not any actual play that's indicated reason for optimism.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good fricking grief. Kizer sucks?

Based on one game where he looked better than Rodgers in the same situation. Rodgers fumbled too, a packer was able to recover is the only difference.

I'm not saying he is a HOFer in the making, but he had great footwork and decision making. These were the biggest things he needed to work on. He also showed poise, a very lively arm, quick release and leadership. He looked great, except for 2 plays, but our OL didnt give him much to work with. Everyone thought he should have stayed in school another year. He is raw and was in over his head in Cleveland. Not sure how you could have not watched that game and not be impressed with the kid.

Can we call this bigfoot syndrome? People believing in something with very little info.

In fairness it's not like theres only a "little" bit of tape on him as a starting QB in the league. He put in every bit as much work as Hundley did last year and people arent shy about expressing their opinions on him. And no the "Browns" excuse loses plenty of weight when the same exact traits that made him horrendous last year were on full display again in the green and gold. His biggest talent is his ability to make the worst possible plays at the worst possible times. That's been on display for a while

Right now he's bad. A worse QB then Hundley even.... He's that bad

Can he get better? Sure he's young enough that it's worth seeing what happens next year and possibly the year after. Hence why he's here and Hundley isnt

Still doesnt change the fact that he was THE worst starting QB in the league last year, even worse then the guy whom everyone was ecstatic to get a 6th round pick for, and as of right now theres no reason to believe he's gotten any better yet

Like I cant actually believe you complimented the decision making of a guy who in two drives threw a horrendous INT and Fumbled by running directly into the other teams host defensive player and damn near litteraly handing him the ball (which is also a pretty big distinction between his and Rodgers fumble also)

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer also played a few games for the Browns. It's not just one game. Now, I'm not willing to say his career is over but let's not pretend people have only seen ONE game. Kizer might turn into a decent QB but that's all based on hope right, not any actual play that's indicated reason for optimism.
Holy flicking ****. The freaking browns tied the Stealers in their opener, their best start in like 14 years. He should not have left college. He should not have started as a rookie. He is raw. He has fricking amazing skills!!!

Scouts thought had he stayed in school he would have been in the running for top QB this year. He has amazing skills! Fricking A!!! How many games did Peyton Manning and troumy Allman win as a rookie?!?!?!? Did he suck too?

Just because a damn team losses doesnt mean a player sucks.

He flipping outplayed Rodgers in the first half. Does Rodgers suck?

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fairness it's not like theres only a "little" bit of tape on him as a starting QB in the league. He put in every bit as much work as Hundley did last year and people arent shy about expressing their opinions on him. And no the "Browns" excuse loses plenty of weight when the same exact traits that made him horrendous last year were on full display again in the green and gold. His biggest talent is his ability to make the worst possible plays at the worst possible times. That's been on display for a while

Right now he's bad. A worse QB then Hundley even.... He's that bad

Can he get better? Sure he's young enough that it's worth seeing what happens next year and possibly the year after. Hence why he's here and Hundley isnt

Still doesnt change the fact that he was THE worst starting QB in the league last year, even worse then the guy whom everyone was ecstatic to get a 6th round pick for, and as of right now theres no reason to believe he's gotten any better yet

Like I cant actually believe you complimented the decision making of a guy who in two drives threw a horrendous INT and Fumbled by running directly into the other teams host defensive player and damn near litteraly handing him the ball (which is also a pretty big distinction between his and Rodgers fumble also)
Hundly lacked as a decision maker and leadership skills. Pocket movement was poor.

Kizer played very well. He moved very well. Read the defense. Made the correct t throw. AND made great passes. Seriously. Aside from 2 plays which were definitely bad OLIne plays, what did he do bad? He got the ball mov ok ng when Rodgers was able to do nothing.

Seriously?!??!

His college issues were pocket movement, foot skills, and decision making. He did very well against the Bears at each of those. What did you see, and anyone who is saying he sucked, did you see as bad?

I went to bed thinking how great it was we found a great young QB to develop. Yes, he needs to work on things, but he has come a long way from his college days. He has improved greatly and has a high ceiling. Will he get there? Dont know, but he is on the right track and I am excited about his potential. He is already way ahead of Hundly.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy flicking ****. The freaking browns tied the Stealers in their opener, their best start in like 14 years. He should not have left college. He should not have started as a rookie. He is raw. He has fricking amazing skills!!!

Scouts thought had he stayed in school he would have been in the running for top QB this year. He has amazing skills! Fricking A!!! How many games did Peyton Manning and troumy Allman win as a rookie?!?!?!? Did he suck too?

You dont get to complain about stupid **** being posted while posting even dumber ****.

For one. He did NOT out play Rodgers. He had a couple nice plays and then proceeded to run directly into the defenses best player and then almost litteraly handed him the ball. And then on the very next possession three an absolute horrendous pick 6.

And jesus christ did you really compare him to Peyton Manning? Yes a team can lose alot of games with a young QB and that QB can still be a good QB and not necessarily be the reason the team struggled. Problem is Kizer WAS one of the reasons the Browns didnt win. It's not like the lost in spite of him. The were losing much of the time BECAUSE of him.

And good lord just because he was an intriguing prospect doesnt mean hes anything more then an absolute horrendous QB RIGHT NOW. He may become better in the future and I hope he does. But acting like he's anything other then a strait up bad player that you hope can be good is intellectually dishonest

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundly lacked as a decision maker and leadership skills. Pocket movement was poor.

Kizer played very well. He moved very well. Read the defense. Made the correct t throw. AND made great passes. Seriously. Aside from 2 plays which were definitely bad OLIne plays, what did he do bad? He got the ball mov ok ng when Rodgers was able to do nothing.

Seriously?!??!

His college issues were pocket movement, foot skills, and decision making. He did very well against the Bears at each of those. What did you see, and anyone who is saying he sucked, did you see as bad?

I went to bed thinking how great it was we found a great young QB to develop.
Yes, he needs to work on things, but he has come a long way from his college days. He has improved greatly and has a high ceiling. Will he get there? Dont know, but he is on the right track and I am excited about his potential. He is already way ahead of Hundly.

Yeah im out. Guessing you went to bed drunk. :) If you can somehow watch Kizer and see a QB that played well and made good decisions (kinda shocked anyone would argue that) and one that's come a "long way" since college (when that was vintage Browns Kizer Sunday night) then that's on you.

And no the sad truth is hes still not as good as Hundley which says A LOT. It's almost as if you cant reconcile liking him as a prospect (both going into the draft and right not) and the player he currently is

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is never going to have a good backup. This is not a plug and play system. He is the most important part of the system and without him the system is broken no matter who the QB is.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is never going to have a good backup. This is not a plug and play system. He is the most important part of the system and without him the system is broken no matter who the QB is.

Matt Flynn says hi

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For one. He did NOT out play Rodgers.

And jesus christ did you really just compare him to Peyton Manning
1. Sure Rodgers went 3 of 7 for 13 yds, missed a wide open Graham on at least one play and fumbled. That is way better than 4 of 7 for 55 yds with some very impressive throws. A fumble and an int. One would think AR had a huge advantage with all that experience and all those first team reps in practice.

2. No I didnt compare him to manning. Mentioning someone is not a comparison. For future reference, a comparison sounds something like "kizer is just as good as Ed Sidnipple".

3. The point was Manning went 3-13 and Aikman went 0-11. They had rough first season yet went on to be good. That did not mean they sucked as QBs.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Sure Rodgers went 3 of 7 for 13 yds, missed a wide open Graham on at least one play and fumbled. That is way better than 4 of 7 for 55 yds with some very impressive throws. A fumble and an int. One would think AR had a huge advantage with all that experience and all those first team reps in practice.

2. No I didnt compare him to manning. Mentioning someone is not a comparison. For future reference, a comparison sounds something like "kizer is just as good as Ed Sidnipple".

3. The point was Manning went 3-13 and Aikman went 0-11. They had rough first season yet went on to be good. That did not mean they sucked as QBs.

Ughhh.

1: Yes. Those ****** stats are still better then Kizers because yes those TOs count when your 100% accountable for both of them.

2: You used Manning in an effort to use him in a side by side COMPARISON for young QBs that struggled their rookie seasons but went on to be good. (something you do again in #3)

3: WTH does any of that have to do with Kizer being a ****** QB right now today? I shouldn't have to say this but you can recognize the fact that he is an absolutely horrendous QB as of today AND still be hopeful he develops in the future.

Rodgers sucked too early on his first few years in the league. Him being an all time great now doesnt change the fact that he sucked then

D

Deleted member 6794

Hundley has proven he sucks. Kizer is a turnover machine, at this point. Why not give Boyle a chance? He can't do any worse than a strip sack in the redzone and a pick six in nine minutes. I don't get why MM sticks with these bums so long. Give Boyle the number 2 spot and light a fire under Kizer's butt.

Boyle isn't ready to perform at a decent level vs. first string defenses at the pro level.

I'm not saying he is a HOFer in the making, but he had great footwork and decision making. He looked great, except for 2 plays, but our OL didnt give him much to work with.

Kizer made a horrible decision throwing right into Mack's lap on the pick six. Unfortunately doing some pretty good stuff on another six attempts doesn't make up for that especially when losing a fumble in the red zone as well.

Aside from 2 plays which were definitely bad OLIne plays, what did he do bad?

Unfortunately plays like that are the difference between winning and losing in the NFL. As long as Kizer doesn't find a way to prevent those from happening he has a long way to go.

he actually did...just didn't take care of the ball.

Taking care of the football is the most important trait for a quarterback though. Kizer not being able to is a huge issue.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one wanted to sign Kaepernick because he's been blackballed. I think the Packers should have.

The people that have disagreed with your statement are idiots, much like those that come up with idiotic reasons to keep him from playing in the NFL. Kap would be a great backup option. So would've Bridgewater or RG3.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There's no way one could make the argument that Kizer outplayed Rodgers when he gave the football to the Bears twice. That's the absolute bottom line. Committing turnovers loses football games in the NFL.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great, amazing skills. Jamarcus Russell had amazing skills. The Browns are a much different team this year than last AND they're not as good as the Steelers so let's stop using one-game samples as our arguments (that's both for and against Kizer). Scouts can say anything they want, if Kizer had stayed in school and been amazing he would have been in contention! Sure, why not! Kizer *might* turn out to be a good QB but let's not start proclaiming enormous confidence in a guy that the Browns got rid of because they were in such good shape at QB last year and who hasn't shown anything thus far in his pro career. Again, as I stated earlier, it's very early in his career so I'm NOT saying he sucks. What sucks is that Gute thought a team with Super Bowl aspirations should not worry about a decent backup QB. Also, he fumbled once and threw an interception DIRECTLY to Mack so I'm not sure why you seem to believe he outplayed Rodgers. Rodgers fumbled once but I don't recall him throwing a pick-six. However, you are much more passionate about this backup QB than I am so I'll certainly root for him on your behalf :D

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That would indicate that the system is just "Rodgers be good!" which does seem to be the case when one looks at MM's offensive system.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great, amazing skills. Jamarcus Russell had amazing skills. The Browns are a much different team this year than last AND they're not as good as the Steelers so let's stop using one-game samples as our arguments (that's both for and against Kizer). Scouts can say anything they want, if Kizer had stayed in school and been amazing he would have been in contention! Sure, why not! Kizer *might* turn out to be a good QB but let's not start proclaiming enormous confidence in a guy that the Browns got rid of because they were in such good shape at QB last year and who hasn't shown anything thus far in his pro career. Again, as I stated earlier, it's very early in his career so I'm NOT saying he sucks. What sucks is that Gute thought a team with Super Bowl aspirations should not worry about a decent backup QB. Also, he fumbled once and threw an interception DIRECTLY to Mack so I'm not sure why you seem to believe he outplayed Rodgers. Rodgers fumbled once but I don't recall him throwing a pick-six. However, you are much more passionate about this backup QB than I am so I'll certainly root for him on your behalf :D
I state that he may succeed. Didnt guarantee it. Just shocked that people have proclaimed him a bust and should be cut after a 1/4 of one game. I find that really foolish. A situation where AR didnt play any better.

No Rogers didnt throw a pick six, but Kizer did something that he didnt and that is actually move the ball against that Bear defense in the first half.

I'm not sure what people expect. He is a one year player with lots of potential. A comparison to Russell would be very flawed. Russell, from day 1 slacked off. Didnt study, didnt work out in off season and was last in and first out at practice. He never improved. Kizer has shown significant improvement in his skill set. That should make people excited - he is working hard to get better.

Yeah im out. Guessing you went to bed drunk. :)
A lucky guess.

Didn't mean to offend anyone with my posts (that was just an added bonus). ;)

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That wasn't a bad decision by Rodgers though, Adams fell down.
And if Bulaga had cut block Mack on the screen like he should have, Mack wouldn't have been in the way. Or if Linsley actually blocked the DT longer than giving him a high five as he went by... We can do this for almost any play, depending on what the desired spin is to be.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was that the ball left Rodgers' hand prior to Adams falling down. You cannot say Rodgers made a bad decision. On Kizer's pick 6 though, the ball was nowhere near his intended target.

Phazael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiser would be ready in three years with solid coaching. Our line will not allow that to be feasible, nor will Rogers age. At age 35 for the starter (who is not invincible like Favre was), the second string QB either needs to be a consistent veteran (would have loved Fitzpatrick as the backup, since he can win you at least three games as a backup) or the next man up. Kiser is neither. He is a reclamation project because McCarthy wanted a new excuse for offensive ineptitude when the line inevitably lets Rogers take a powder at some point. I cannot grasp how Callahan was somehow worse than Kiser, much less the guy they dumped him for, and he came a lot cheaper without the Cleveland stink attached to him. Its not like this is the first time McMuffin has not had an adequate backup in place and I think its because his early years with Favre (and somewhat Rogers) being indestructible spoiled him. For as much as they hated Matt Flynn, that guy probably saved Ted and Mike's jobs the season they called him back. We need a reliable hand off guy with a thousand mile stare, not the second coming of TJ Rubley as our backup.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot grasp how Callahan was somehow worse than Kiser, much less the guy they dumped him for, and he came a lot cheaper without the Cleveland stink attached to him.
Callahan is on whose roster at the moment? I recall him not lasting a month or two on Cleveland's roster.

Phazael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Callahan would have been cheap and he at least got the ball into the receiver's hands. Its not his fault that Bennet took a powder when Rogers went down and the rest of the team followed suit. Huntley struggled to do that with even full reps under the direct guidance of "widely successful head coach" Mayor McCheese and his comedy stylings of making Kaepernick lite try to throw like he was Rogers. Callahan also would have been considerably cheaper to keep on roster than either Huntley or Kiser, without the horrendous turnovers. Flynn was rocking a bar stool when he got called back, too, so citing the vast wisdom of Cleveland cutting him as a reason is not very compelling. There were numerous veterans out there we could have signed without trading picks for a Cleveland QB failure. I mean, Tyrod Tailor was out there for less money and no picks and he was better than Kiser has ever been, as one example. If we are not grooming Rogers replacement, we need a veteran handoff jockey. We have neither and we paid extra for that situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts