Still don’t have a good backup qb and Clay needs to go.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
back up qb is ok. kizer played as well as rodgers did in the first half while being under more pressure. mm should have known they were going to be besieged and had the o playing the quick/short passing game from the get-go. *poor planning* the Packers can't afford to put that kind of money in a good back up anyway.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cannot turn the ball over twice in the brief time Kizer was on the field, I don't care how much pressure he was under. You have to tuck the ball away when you're getting sacked. And that interception was one of the worst I've ever seen. What was he trying to accomplish attempting that pass, on his way down on another sack? I'd say it was reminiscent of 1992 Favre but that would be an insult to 1992 Favre. That's the type of throw a scrub makes. Hang on to the dang ball. Quit making excuses for this guy. He's just not good.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been saying clay has look like crap the past couple of seasons, he creates 0 pressure of the edge and him and HaHa the king for over running plays. On that touchdown play Trib ran in, he should have been blown up, but watch clay and haha on that play.They give haha the free roam ability like they did with Nick Collins but haha does nothing with it.

Haha also made a fantastic game saving play when Chicago rolled everybody right, tried the TE/RB throwback, and HaHa was the only one who read and and stuffed the play.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer definitely has a lot to work on, and his turnovers were pretty bad...but he made some really nice throws. Before the turnovers, he was outplaying Rodgers if we’re being honest.

There’s a lot to work with, but his mental part of the game has to get a lot better. Promising prospect.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been saying clay has look like crap the past couple of seasons, he creates 0 pressure of the edge and him and HaHa the king for over running plays. On that touchdown play Trib ran in, he should have been blown up, but watch clay and haha on that play.They give haha the free roam ability like they did with Nick Collins but haha does nothing with it.

I love how Kentrell plays the run much better than HaHa but HaHa also made some crushing stops that saved the game.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boyle didn't dress for the game? Is that why they were saying Cobb was the 3rd QB option? Why didn't Boyle dress?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Boyle didn't dress for the game? Is that why they were saying Cobb was the 3rd QB option? Why didn't Boyle dress?
It is rare for the third QB to dress. For any team. Unless the starter is going in iffy. I'd expectBoyle to dress vs the Vikings just in case.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Minus the drive ending play, Kizer’s drive looked better than anything Hundley has ever produced over the same number of plays.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Minus the drive ending play, Kizer’s drive looked better than anything Hundley has ever produced over the same number of plays.
You really need to watch games with an open mind. I'd take this QB stat line in any game: 17-26-245-3-0.
1 10 GNB 23 Brett Hundley pass complete short left to Richard Rodgers for 25 yards (tackle by Bud Dupree)
4 8:03 1 10 GNB 48 Brett Hundley pass complete short right to Randall Cobb for 12 yards (tackle by Mike Hilton)
4 7:28 1 10 PIT 40 Jamaal Williams right guard for 1 yard (tackle by Bud Dupree and Tyson Alualu)
4 6:48 2 9 PIT 39 Brett Hundley pass complete short middle to Davante Adams for 12 yards (tackle by Ryan Shazier)
4 6:14 1 10 PIT 27 Brett Hundley pass complete short left to Jordy Nelson for 7 yards (tackle by Sean Davis)
4 5:35 2 3 PIT 20 Jamaal Williams middle for 2 yards (tackle by Vince Williams and Stephon Tuitt)
4 4:56 3 1 PIT 18 Brett Hundley pass complete short left to Jordy Nelson for 2 yards (tackle by Artie Burns)
4 4:15 1 10 PIT 16 Jamaal Williams left guard for -2 yards (tackle by Stephon Tuitt and Mike Hilton)
4 3:35 2 12 PIT 18 Brett Hundley pass incomplete short left intended for Davante Adams
4 3:30 3 12 PIT 18 Brett Hundley pass complete short left to Randall Cobb for 6 yards (tackle by Sean Davis and Ryan Shazier)
4 2:50 4 6 PIT 12 Brett Hundley pass complete short left to Davante Adams for 8 yards (tackle by William Gay)
4 2:08 1 4 PIT 4 Jamaal Williams middle for 4 yards, touchdown

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is rare for the third QB to dress. For any team. Unless the starter is going in iffy. I'd expectBoyle to dress vs the Vikings just in case.

did they do away with the rule that said they could have a 3rd QB but he could only play if the other two got hurt and if he cam in niether of the other two could come back in. I'm not sure if he counted against the 45 man active roster or not.

You really need to watch games with an open mind. I'd take this QB stat line in any game: 17-26-245-3-0.

Hundley, and the rest of the team played very well in the Steelers game but I think if anything it counts more as a statistical oulier for him. He certainly didn't show anything close to that before or after.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
did they do away with the rule that said they could have a 3rd QB but he could only play if the other two got hurt and if he cam in niether of the other two could come back in. I'm not sure if he counted against the 45 man active roster or not.
I'm pretty sure it is gone in exchange for the 46th active roster slot.

Hundley, and the rest of the team played very well in the Steelers game but I think if anything it counts more as a statistical oulier for him. He certainly didn't show anything close to that before or after.
I was responding to a post that said he never had a drive like that. I showed IMO he had a decent game once. Problem was we needed him to use that as a stepping stone to a regular occurrence.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiser not ready yet to carry AR jock. Matthews makes only boneheaded plays. He misses when he shouldn’t and hits when he shouldn’t...he should have been sent back to California in a trade package for Mac.

One game in:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Move Clay inside and resign him for
2yrs/10-12M.

Use at least 1 first day pic at OLB and then back it up by using some the $ we save on Clay to acquire another proven veteran FA Edge rusher in the 5-10M range.

Continue to groom Burks and Gilbert as reliable rotational/Backup players.

Id rather sign an Backup QB next year who is an experienced but aging veteran that we know can at least go .500

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure Clay has anything left to offer at any position. His power went years ago and now his speed is gone. I can't tell if he is shying away from contact or if he can't get his hips down and that is why he whiffs every time he is in a position to make a play. If he was enhanced earlier in his career and now is not and you couple that with aging in the NFL its easy to believe he has fallen completely off a cliff.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's time to see how Reggie Gilbert can do in the starting role. Frankly I don't care anymore if Matthews comes up lame. Not only did he almost cost the Packers the game but he was constantly overrunning the play, leaving Trubisky able to scramble for big yardage or for the RB to escape containment.[/QUOTE
Kizer definitely has a lot to work on, and his turnovers were pretty bad...but he made some really nice throws. Before the turnovers, he was outplaying Rodgers if we’re being honest.

There’s a lot to work with, but his mental part of the game has to get a lot better. Promising prospect.

He has talent. Needs to improve accuracy and cut out the turnovers. Two bit ifs. He's young, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll develop.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer was a gamble by Gute. I assume that he, like the rest of us, hoped that AR would remain injury free long enough for Kizer to learn the offense and regain confidence. I'm not sure that Hundley would have dealt with the pressure much better. KMack was out to make every quarterback his man toy.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id rather have hudley... But thats me and what I have heard.

Kizer had to deal with mack . That was tough
Hundley has proven he sucks. Kizer is a turnover machine, at this point. Why not give Boyle a chance? He can't do any worse than a strip sack in the redzone and a pick six in nine minutes. I don't get why MM sticks with these bums so long. Give Boyle the number 2 spot and light a fire under Kizer's butt.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Kizer’s first time stepping into Lambeau field he looked like a better QB than Hundley when it comes to precision, athleticism, etc. Hundley (having 3 years more experience) looks like the smarter QB. I fully expect Kizer to improve his football IQ within the next 3 years and outperform Hundley (in the tragic event the Packers need him).
I'm down on Kizer until he proves otherwise. Put Boyle in.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Laughing so hard I can hardly type. That "about sums it up".

Yup, as much as I'd like to disagree with you, I can't.

Kizer sucks.

Who knows, maybe Tim Boyle is the next Brett Favre?

Shockwave
Maybe Boyle sucks too, who knows. I just think he deserves a chance considering the failure of Kizer.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good fricking grief. Kizer sucks?

Based on one game where he looked better than Rodgers in the same situation. Rodgers fumbled too, a packer was able to recover is the only difference.

I'm not saying he is a HOFer in the making, but he had great footwork and decision making. These were the biggest things he needed to work on. He also showed poise, a very lively arm, quick release and leadership. He looked great, except for 2 plays, but our OL didnt give him much to work with. Everyone thought he should have stayed in school another year. He is raw and was in over his head in Cleveland. Not sure how you could have not watched that game and not be impressed with the kid.

Can we call this bigfoot syndrome? People believing in something with very little info.

Wayne Gregory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiser not ready yet to carry AR jock. Matthews makes only boneheaded plays. He misses when he shouldn’t and hits when he shouldn’t...he should have been sent back to California in a trade package for Mac.
Also.....Deshone Kizer sucks!!! Look....letting Mackbjust take the ball from you.....wow! Then....throws the ball 3 yards into Macks gut!!
I honestly thought they would release him Mon.
That dude was tellung everyone that he CANNOT play at this level! Get rid of him now and bring in someone else!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who? for the price and knowledge of the offensive playbook as nobody is learning it within the next month or so.

Should have been done in the offseason. Obviously it is now too late. Ryan Fitzpatrick makes less this year than Kizer on a one-year deal. The Packers need a decent QB behind Rodgers in case of injury, not a bunch of developmental guys that MM is convinced he can turn into great QBs. Maybe ONE developmental guy and then a decent vet who can keep the team in a few games if Rodgers gets hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts