Still don’t have a good backup qb and Clay needs to go.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiser not ready yet to carry AR jock. Matthews makes only boneheaded plays. He misses when he shouldn’t and hits when he shouldn’t...he should have been sent back to California in a trade package for Mac.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Id rather have hudley... But thats me and what I have heard.

Kizer had to deal with mack . That was tough

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it in the offseason and I'll say it again, I think we should have signed a veteran QB that could fill in competently in case Rodgers gets injured. Fitzpatrick, McCown, Hoyer, etc.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're fine with Kizer. We just need to get Collinsworth traded to NFL Europe. Did you notice Kizer was doing great until about 2 plays after he mentioned how Kizer roomed with his sons in college? Seriously though, Deshone isn't getting much work with the 1s, if this knee injury proves to be something, he'll get reps in practice and games. Yes without Aaron we drop to 1-1 and don't beat the Vikings, but beyond that if need be I think we're ok. I doubt Joe Montana (The best QB I saw in my life) would do much against Mack tonight, and in the first half, even Aaron Rodgers didn't. We can't base 'Kizer sucks' on worst case scenario.

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Kizer was doing fine before the Bears D line started getting to him. Packers started running plays having him hold the ball longer.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it in the offseason and I'll say it again, I think we should have signed a veteran QB that could fill in competently in case Rodgers gets injured. Fitzpatrick, McCown, Hoyer, etc.

Fitzmagic you mean?

Kizer was doing fine before the Bears D line started getting to him. Packers started running plays having him hold the ball longer.

You mean starting to run the same plays they did when Rodgers was in there and the Bears were getting to him? I agree. Once Rodgers came back and they went to the same plays they started with with Kizer the game changed. I saw enough from Kizer to prefer him over Hundley but he is still very raw.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been saying it since shortly after the hgh allegations came to light..... Matthews needs to go, it’s past the point of turning into hot garbage.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been saying it since shortly after the hgh allegations came to light..... Matthews needs to go, it’s past the point of turning into hot garbage.

I think it's time to see how Reggie Gilbert can do in the starting role. Frankly I don't care anymore if Matthews comes up lame. Not only did he almost cost the Packers the game but he was constantly overrunning the play, leaving Trubisky able to scramble for big yardage or for the RB to escape containment.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve been saying this guy is just average at best for like 4 yrs. No PEDS= no double teams, no getting off blocks, no taking a game over. That’s just the truth.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews needs to go back to ILB. He doesn't have the strength anymore to be an every down pass rusher but he can still be a major asset inside. I thought his time playing ILB 3 years ago was some of his best.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur. Clay is more suited to be ILB or be shipped out for whatever we can get in return....shoot even a 7th rounder lol.

Kizer I still say has a much higher ceiling than any backup we've had since a kid named Aaron Rodgers was one here.

Kizer has the arm and made some throws that were awesome. That strip fumble was a great play by Mack and the pick if you watch I don't think Kizer thought Mack was released from the block between the two of them. If he is engaged the ball floats over and there was a lot of room.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
In Kizer’s first time stepping into Lambeau field he looked like a better QB than Hundley when it comes to precision, athleticism, etc. Hundley (having 3 years more experience) looks like the smarter QB. I fully expect Kizer to improve his football IQ within the next 3 years and outperform Hundley (in the tragic event the Packers need him).

Though I fully agree that CM3’s time in Green Bay needs to end. There is legitimately no other options currently. I do not expect the Packers to give him another contract and let him walk this offseason. But until then, we need him on the roster until Feburary.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although Rodgers had his miraculous comeback. I'm still worried about that injury, remember Packers are known for making some injuries that may keep players out a few weeks into season ending. So I am concerned that thing will swell up and they end up keeping him out for weeks at a time, I don't think he's out of the woods yet

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews needs to go back to ILB. He doesn't have the strength anymore to be an every down pass rusher but he can still be a major asset inside. I thought his time playing ILB 3 years ago was some of his best.

Thing with that is he can’t get off blocks or tackle nowadays. He’d get smashed by any guard with the way he’s looking.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only dressing 2 QB's is dangerous. If AR didn't come back, Kizer would not have managed 10 points, never mind win the game. Kizer is a Hundley clone. a veteran back -up would be best, but at lease dress Boyle, got to have 3 dressed.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could not disagree more. If someone watching Hundley and Kizer see the same ability and potential they're either drunk or I am....

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
only dressing 2 QB's is dangerous. If AR didn't come back, Kizer would not have managed 10 points, never mind win the game. Kizer is a Hundley clone. a veteran back -up would be best, but at lease dress Boyle, got to have 3 dressed.
Hate to tell you this. But Kizer is considered a veteran QB. Anyone who starts 15 games for team in one year is no longer a rookie.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer looked in trouble because the offensive line played HORRIBLE in the first half. The entire right side of the line didn't even start playing until the 3rd quarter. I also put a huge WTF towards MM on not helping Bulaga with Lewis. Bulaga was originally thought to be going onto the PUP for his knee, but came back way before hand and obviously wasn't ready to play vs Mack without some assistance. The media isn't saying anything really beyond the come back, but that first half was absolutely atrocious. MM needs to rethink his no 1st team offense playing in the preseason because we almost lost the game, played horribly, and almost lost our franchise QB all in the first half because the offense wasn't ready at all.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Yes, Matthews looks done and is definitely past his prime. Hopefully this is just a bad game for him due to lck of playing time in the preseason and he'll play better for now on, but he'll never be the dominant player he once was. Not even close. And don't forget that bonehead penalty that I thought for sure was the Packers' death blow.

2. Can we finally stop this ridiculousness about Kizer being an upgrade over Hundley? He's not, as hard as that is to imagine. He was 0-15 last season for a reason, and it's not because he played for the Browns. That's too easy and is just a copout. By that logic, Baker Mayfield is already a bust. Joe Thomas is a futuer Hall of Famer and he was a career long Brown. Who cares if he wasn't a quarterback? The Browns have had good players over the years, just not at the quarterback position and also not a very well run organization.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur. Clay is more suited to be ILB or be shipped out for whatever we can get in return....shoot even a 7th rounder lol.

Kizer I still say has a much higher ceiling than any backup we've had since a kid named Aaron Rodgers was one here.

Kizer has the arm and made some throws that were awesome. That strip fumble was a great play by Mack and the pick if you watch I don't think Kizer thought Mack was released from the block between the two of them. If he is engaged the ball floats over and there was a lot of room.

Part of Kizer's problem was scheme, MM should have started sliding help over towards Bulaga before that even happened. BB was rusty as all get out and having a hell of a time just staying in front of Mack.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Kizer’s first time stepping into Lambeau field he looked like a better QB than Hundley when it comes to precision, athleticism, etc. Hundley (having 3 years more experience) looks like the smarter QB. I fully expect Kizer to improve his football IQ within the next 3 years and outperform Hundley (in the tragic event the Packers need him).

Though I fully agree that CM3’s time in Green Bay needs to end. There is legitimately no other options currently. I do not expect the Packers to give him another contract and let him walk this offseason. But until then, we need him on the roster until Feburary.

3 years is too long. I think a young QB should get about 3 games to see if he can get a system, and if not he should be tossed.

At least the Bills got the message with Peterman, and I suspect Josh Allen will be in either sink or swim mode.

Cardinals need to toss Bradford in the trash can too and give Rosen a go.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of Kizer's problem was scheme, MM should have started sliding help over towards Bulaga before that even happened. BB was rusty as all get out and having a hell of a time just staying in front of Mack.

BB did a pretty dang good job on Mack.

We ran too many long developing iso routes in the first. Hard to blame the line for that, but if you’re going to blame the lime, blame the interior.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been saying clay has look like crap the past couple of seasons, he creates 0 pressure of the edge and him and HaHa the king for over running plays. On that touchdown play Trib ran in, he should have been blown up, but watch clay and haha on that play.They give haha the free roam ability like they did with Nick Collins but haha does nothing with it.

Members online

Latest posts